Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    It is time for the other women on the show to screw up. Sadly it won't happen. It will always be Carol. They won't let perfect Maggie do anything like they do Carol. Won't let Rosita do anything like it either. For sure won't make Connie do anything wrong. Those 3 are untouchable to do anything that Carol does. I know why they won't make those 3 do bad things and it really pisses me off. Oh we will never know what happened between Maggie and Michonne.

Rosita was a scapegoat in season 7 - there was a lot of hate towards her that season. I'm a bit concerned with what they'll do with Maggie in this last season because they're trying so desperately to force this faux redemption for Negan. They're already setting up Negan and Daryl becoming besties. I'm prepared to do a lot of cringing. But in terms of the characters making mistakes, I would definitely prefer them to spread it out more and focus on making it believable.

And, yeah, I don't think we'll ever find out exactly what happened between Maggie and Michonne - especially since Danai left the show. Truth be told, I don't think Kang really has a backstory for all that. Just saying Maggie was mad at Michonne was only a convenient plot device to play into Michonne isolating ASZ so Alpha could use that to infiltrate the Kingdom.

But one thing I think you and I can agree on is that Melissa deserves a better storyline for Carol. Maybe not on what that story should be, but Melissa is capable of so much more than crying and grieving all the time.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    I always figured Maggie was upset that Michonne didn't help Hilltop as much as she wanted. That is the only thing I can think of. I want Carol to be sassy and funny like in the premier this season. Melissa does that so well. I want her to have more scenes with Kelly also. I think they could learn and teach each other a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    Rosita was a scapegoat in season 7 - there was a lot of hate towards her that season. I'm a bit concerned with what they'll do with Maggie in this last season because they're trying so desperately to force this faux redemption for Negan. They're already setting up Negan and Daryl becoming besties. I'm prepared to do a lot of cringing. But in terms of the characters making mistakes, I would definitely prefer them to spread it out more and focus on making it believable.

And, yeah, I don't think we'll ever find out exactly what happened between Maggie and Michonne - especially since Danai left the show. Truth be told, I don't think Kang really has a backstory for all that. Just saying Maggie was mad at Michonne was only a convenient plot device to play into Michonne isolating ASZ so Alpha could use that to infiltrate the Kingdom.

But one thing I think you and I can agree on is that Melissa deserves a better storyline for Carol. Maybe not on what that story should be, but Melissa is capable of so much more than crying and grieving all the time.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Level
    I always figured Maggie was upset that Michonne didn't help Hilltop as much as she wanted. That is the only thing I can think of. I want Carol to be sassy and funny like in the premier this season. Melissa does that so well. I want her to have more scenes with Kelly also. I think they could learn and teach each other a lot.
    I think that was definitely part of it, but the way the guards insisted Michonne disarm before letting her into Hilltop suggests there was more to it. But I don't think we'll ever get anything more on that. I would like to see more of Carol being sassy too - though I want to see her being genuinely happy and not lying and being all fake like she was in 10x01. But I have to give Melissa props because she did an excellent job in making it clear that Carol was faking being happy without going way over the top. She is just so talented. Definitely more with Kelly as well. I'm also looking forward to Kelly being reunited with Connie - and I know Carol will be really happy to see her too. I'm very curious how they will handle this final, super-sized season, but still wary with all the focus on this faux redemption for Negan. That's the one thing I wish they would just give up on completely.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    I am still trying to figure out what Connie's story will be in Season 11. My theory since Season 9 is she will be reunited with a lost child.
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    I think that was definitely part of it, but the way the guards insisted Michonne disarm before letting her into Hilltop suggests there was more to it. But I don't think we'll ever get anything more on that. I would like to see more of Carol being sassy too - though I want to see her being genuinely happy and not lying and being all fake like she was in 10x01. But I have to give Melissa props because she did an excellent job in making it clear that Carol was faking being happy without going way over the top. She is just so talented. Definitely more with Kelly as well. I'm also looking forward to Kelly being reunited with Connie - and I know Carol will be really happy to see her too. I'm very curious how they will handle this final, super-sized season, but still wary with all the focus on this faux redemption for Negan. That's the one thing I wish they would just give up on completely.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Level
    I am still trying to figure out what Connie's story will be in Season 11. My theory since Season 9 is she will be reunited with a lost child.

That's possible - that conversation Connie had with Kelly in season 9 about rescuing baby Adam did suggest she might have had a child. But it seems like they might be giving Michonne's comic story to Yumiko since they revealed she is a lawyer and she's with the group going to the Commonwealth. They could still mix that up though and have that reunion happen after the others join them at the Commonwealth. Hard to say at this point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123