Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

The Spoilthedead.com Urban Dick-tionary

Because we need a place to store the lingo we come up with, common to TWD fandom, or abbreviations. The spelling is deliberate because someone is usually being a dick when these things are invented. I'll start:

Business Dinner: (n) A bogus claim to be, or be close to, a show insider in order to post foilers.
    Ex. "Since there is no proof that Melissa McBride told you that Carol will become Queen of Woodbury in S4 while the two of you were washing the feet of the poor in Mexico City as you claimed, I'm calling business dinner on you."

GN: (n) Graphic Novel. To be used when you're too embarassed to admit you read comic books. Similar to calling dolls "action figures".

To pull off a Pale Horse: Used when writers cut an awesome scene.
    Ex. "Oh man, they pulled off another Pale Horse with that scene where Beth kills everyone and reveals her true colours!"

The evil Beth card: Generally used whenever Beth or her singing comes up. Can also be used when other members are mean to you.
    Ex. "Now don't make me pull out my Evil Beth card!"

Death Dinner: used to comment in threads when you feel a particular character is getting ready to die. "X...sure looks ready for a death dinner in the next episode..."

Quitting the show: a weak threat when something doesn't go someone's way and they usually never follow up on it.

Walker Lori: unable to let things go

ZA - abbre. - Zombie Apocalypse: When your friends and neighbours start eating each other and trying to eat you. Honey the Johnstones are out on the lawn and it looks like they're eating that young Smith girl from next door, I think the ZA has started.

Terrible writing: when people don't like how certain characters act or plot developments occur and are pissed off at the show producers.

Bitch - 1. synonym for Andrea

Bitch - 2. What Daryl calls everything

IMDB - The Black Hole of the internet, also not a source of information.

Redemption: Being able to justify being upset at a character's death b/c they kind of sorta did something that might could have been construed in a semi-positive way. Also fits if your favorite character is upset about a death and therefore you are as well. That death was the perfect example of redemption. He looked like he wanted to do something good in the end at least.

Being a Derpdrea: Whenever someone does something stupid, irrational, annoying or irritating. "MrNonsensical, stop being a Derpdrea and go ontopic again!"

Stuff and Things: Use whenever you don't really know what you're talking about, or don't know what you're doing. Can also be used for the indication of unknown business. "No, I don't want to try out your new recipe. I have to go mom, I got...Stuff.....and........Things."

This might have already been asked, but.... : When someone is too lazy to read the last 80 pages of the post so what happened with x

Morganize: when you lose your mind and boobytrap the whole fucking town
    eg; Ricks clan should Morganize the Prison

"Lori-talk": When a man just wants to survive but a woman wants to discuss their relationship and where it is heading... 'Yep, poor ba$tard got Lori-talked last month..."

Forum Jumper - synonym for lazy fucker who jumped into the middle of a thread and is to Lazy to read the first 80 pages in the thread and then asks questions that have been answered 6 or 7 times already in the thread , fucking Forum Jumper!

How about Well jumper. "Man, you gotta dwell in this thread like all welldwellers to find out, you welljumper."

Woodberry: type of fruit people from WOODBURY eat.

A T-Dog: Person who lurks around the forums without posting anything. "I invite all people to stop being a T-Dog and start posting Stuff. And things too."

little ass-kicker - what yer redneck cousin is gonna call all your kids

It's on a loop: response to frequently asked question from forum posters asking why the leaked screenshots of episode 15 and 16 showed a video running length longer than 42 minutes. Also, answer to most questions in life.

The Dale Face: Expression used when someone reacts shocked or with disbelief. Sometimes for no reason at all. "Put off your Dale Face and be a muthafuckin man!"

To Carl: Wondering offtopic "Stop Carling and get back ontopic!"

To break the barn open: Used whenever someone escalates a thread with a weird or foul comment. "Uh oh, he said he loves Andrea. Now he truly broke the barn open."

It(or that) don't feel right: use when something doesn't feel right but you don't know and/or don't care why = cool way to say that you dislike something [Daryl bonus]

Pull an Andrea: to defend the indefensible act committed by your favorite character

To Michonne someone: torture, castrate, delimb, and get bloody revenge on someone

To Tyreese someone: behead

mouths agape: referring to a shocking moment that has been predicted but you have no idea what it is

27 deaths: an unspecified number of deaths but indicating that there will be many casualties (ie more than 1 person dies)

major character: anyone on the show with a name who is killed or about to be killed

red shirt: Star Trek reference, a character introduced for the sole purpose of killing off

Beth: to non-deliberately butcher a song
    eg; Roseanne Barr really Bethed the national Anthem at the ballgame

"M'ask you sumthin"... the way you start off a response to someone who everyone knows has their head up their ass or is obviously being a troll: "M'ask you sumthin'... did you purposely ignore the rule about beggin' for spoilers or are you just stupid?"

/Daryl shout: "When you want to be noticed" EX: Merle! (s1) and Sophia! (s2)

going out of your Ricking Mind: about to snap ; losing it

To Daryl: Secretly wishing the most popular thread on the forum would just die already. "I wish that popular spoiler thread would just Daryl already because it's boring me, and I don't like it."

Spoiler Spoiler:

Dale'd: losing part of you body [now also "Hershel'd"] and
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whori: one of Lori's nicknames, it means you go sleep around with another man [when you think your husband is dead]; being a shitty wife
    Ex: "stop being such a whori!", "you're a whori"

Token black guy: It's is only possible for ONE black guy with lines being on this show and he's only there for black audience

being a T-Dog: Refers to characters who are some kind of fan favourite although they don't get any lines or screentime

Backpack guy: red shirt (see above), used also to express that you don't care about strangers, only if you can take their stuff & things (also, see above)

Ricktatorship: when it's not a democracy anymore.. more like a democrazy ^^ when everything you say IS true and is not to be questioned, even though you're a complete psycho and seeing/doing stuff & things (see above)

To make a phone call (in the ZA): Talking to dead people

Shit happens: killing someone with an axe

Someone is safe: If it's unlikely that this character will die

Ghost Lori: like a pimple: appears at the worst possible moment and won't go away again; someone who is annoying even in the afterlife;

The Morgan: When someone saves a thread (from nowhere) from being taken by trolls.

to opt out: to end it all, the right way

end of your rope: to end it all , the wrong way

Caryl: Name given by some overenthusiastic fans to the soon to be couple Daryl and Carol. Ex. "When Caryl happens, I'm going to fangirl so much I'll lie down on the floor and start laughing maniacally."

Shane: (v) To throw someone under the bus. "Thanks a lot for telling the boss I was the one who posted the naked video of his wife at the Christmas party. You really Shaned me."
    Shane (n) The act of obsessing about a person who's not interested in you. "Dude, she doesn't even know you exist. Quit pulling a Shane."

Hershel's Magical Healing Farm: (n) An improbable and unexplained escape or recovery. Steve was shot in the head, fell 20 stories, was run over by a crosstown bus, and left in freezing temperatures all night, but was up and walking the next day. I guess he went to Hershel's Magical Healing Farm.

Going on a 'pharmacy-run': Well.. :P synonym for having sex

Hershel's infinite (ammo-)cheat: never running out of ammo

Andrea: whiny bitch with messiah-complex

Andrea 2: a sexually transmitted disease which cause symptoms akin to mental retardation as well as limited moral growth.

To be 'Mazzarra'd / 'Mazzarra-ing': a development technique used to make a character extremely likable, quickly followed by their brutal demise.
    Man T-Dog never gets any lines but he's endearing and *bitten, sacrifices himself* (Note - this is a rare case of post-mortem Mazzarra-ing).

Being Otis'd: the act of getting thrown under the bus or shot in the knees to be devoured by zombies for one's own personal gain.

Ninja Walker: (v) The act of sneaking up on someone in totally unbelieveable fashion (see Dale's death) "You were looking right at me. How the hell did I ninja walker you?"

[insert name]'d: (v) Speculation that someone on the show will get a GN character's iconic death, used by adding the apostrophe and the letter d to the end of the character's name. "Who will be Tyreese'd? Do you think Carol will be Lori'd? I'm pretty sure Beth will be Rick'd. "

IMO: In My Opinion

TPTB: The Powers That Be, i.e. the people in control of the show's direction

TIIC: The Idiots In Charge. The people in charge of the show's direction when they do something you don't like

KWIM: Know what I mean??

Jumping the Shark: When a show declines in quality beyond recovery, usually in a scene or a moment. "Wow. So now The Walking Dead has become a show about the sexual relationship between Rick and Daryl. They've truly jumped the shark now. Or not."

Sandra Perez: (v) The act of grabbing unconfirmed and suspicious spoilers from one site and posting to another with no regard to the truth. "I deliberately posted the wildest foilers to be funny and some idiot Sandra Perezed them to CNN!"

Vrooming: The act of playing with a machine, weapon or instrument control you have no training to use "Carl was vrooming with Daryl's bike before he ran off in the woods and let loose the walker who killed Dale". "Carol, stop vrooming with Michonne's katana and join the others for target practice!"

rickˇspiˇraˇtionˇal (adjective) His paintings take their rickspiration from nature.

inˇrickˇraˇtionˇalˇly (adverb)

'Mat Said Welcome: What a forum newbie mutters under his/her breath when they feel the backlash of the forum and realize they've just posted the most ridiculous foiler ever written in the Spoiler Compilation.

Daryl: fantastic, a 5 star effort, golden, ie; OMG that Gucci bag is so DARYL

Carl: total badass, ie; did you see him beat the shit out of that kid? He was totally Carl

*The Mods*: Evil people who makes us go ontopic again. Just kidding. The Mods are a bunch of awesome people who keep this forum cool and organised. "Mods, I posted another foilerthread in the spoiler section, can you please delete it?"

Owl Supper: a conclusion to a story thread that doesn't quite hit the spot. The potential development of Axel's character only to have him used for target practice turned out to be a bit of an owl supper.

Walker (n): A reanimated corpse which defies the laws of nature and physics and has an insatiable craving for human flesh.

WTF?: Something I say every time I look at Ahrean's avatar and remember she's a female.

Whale Cum: A way of greeting someone.

Rick's Eye-fucking the camera: Used whenever Andrew Lincoln glazes into the camera with his intimidating stare.

ALSO rickeyefucked: (rick-eye-fucked)- The intense awesome gazes or facial expressions Rick often gives in tricky situations or conversations.

Hyundai: The only cars to survive the ZA and stay in good shape.

Tha Guvnahhh/The Guvna/The Gov/Phillie/Blind Pew/One eyed pirate: Slang names for The Governor. "I think Tha Guvnahhh is going to die next episode furrealzz."

Infracted: what you get for being a dumbshit

Ricktensity: when you point your gun downwards, stare real hard, lean your head in super close, and whisperyell your point

The Lighter: A sexually attractive, shiny object. "Wow, look at Rick eye-fucking the camera, he's sexy as The Lighter!"

duct tape: nothing is impossible "my tv just broke" - duct tape fixes it

Ahrean: an entity that when when a poster has posted obvious bs and/or did something that is incredibly stupid and we know that Ahrean can come in and point out the stupidity/bs with a quote or some other reference point, thereby making the original poster look like the dumbass they are.

Sofianeurysm:terrible affliction that most often strikes children when they don't listen to an adults specific instruction and wind up breaking their mothers heart.

One Handed: To be abandoned in a sticky situation, forcing you to something you would never do. "Did you hear that that girl got left at the party so she was forced to get a ride home with that creepy guy? Her friends totally One Handed her".

Vascular: used when discussing a woman with man hands.

herschell: to speak prophetically and quote the bible it was quiet in the Tombs , everyone waiting for the inevitable battle , when the Herschell started ; "“Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with..."

the loop: also referenced when the conversation in a thread is going in circles due to forum jumpers

TG: when I'm too lazy/tired/drunk to type out "the Governor"

TP: when I'm too lazy/tired/drunk to type out Team Prison or members of Rick's group

IMO/JMO: in my opinion/just my opinion, subtext: trying to be nice when completely disagreeing with someone or used when throwing out a wacky idea

Caryl/Carylers:
    people who want to see Carol and Daryl get together

The Judith: When someone doesn't do anything productive but everyone still loves him/her.

"Tits on a Nun" syndrome: We were having a good back and forth, Lorighost - free discussion on the forum tonight when some Judith ForumJumps a bunch of Tits on a Nun Andrea crap on us........somebody PM a Mod!

TL;DR: Too Long; Didn't Read. Used in reply to someone who has written a novel instead of a post.

DBAD; RI: Don't Be A Douche; Read It. Used in reply to the above.

"Lindsay Lohan": to stray from the intended topic of a thread so far and fast that it reminds others of the way Lohan strays from sobriety. Ex. Wow, this thread went Lindsay Lohan in a damn hurry!

The RV: Character, aged 33 and in a relationship with Dale Horvath, that burned up died in "Beside The Dying Fire", along with some redshirt who drove it to save Rick and Carl. Had severe problems with radiator hoses.

WVI: Woodbury Volunteer Irregulars - a ragtag group of idiots with guns and no training

InShane in the Membrane: (adj) Describes someone whose mental hygiene has declined. The end stage of this may result in permanent scowls, thick Southern accents, and the tucking in of one's pants into one's boots.

Rug-Muncher: 1. a female who digs chicks 2. what an insecure jerk calls a girl who has turned down his disgusting advances

MASH'd: The act of killing another survivor in order to save the lives of the group. Otis, hermit in the woods. Usage: "Boy, I really hope Judith doesn't get MASH'd in Season 4- I want to see those storylines of Rick's group trying to quiet her as a walker herd shambles past their camp....."

shamble: the act of moving in a zombie like way plural form

shambles: the state of Rick's mind

Spoiletdown The feeling you get when you log into the spoiler discussion section and see that the Spoiler Compilation thread is not in bold.

'Sweet Brown' Shupert: Supposed full name of the Afro-American that randomly pops up in the background with a standard angry face. Some believe he is actually a cardboard instead of a real actor.

Auto-Screw: When your mobile phone auto-corrects your post into something different altogether...."Damn, my phone just auto-screwed me into a Freudian slip!"

"Super-Fan": Dallas Roberts' description of fans like us who analyze every line of dialogue, images hands seen through bushes, Twitter feeds, media articles and other clues about TWD here and well as indulging in all of the normal behaviors below.

"Casual Fans": People who just watch the show every Sunday night, buy the action figures, the GN, the games, etc.

"Very satisfying end to the story": Very often used bullshit to hype up an episode.

Dyke: A polite/Gentlemanly way of saying dick, which is a term normally associated with hate or anger. EX1. You gentlemen are a bunch of dykes EX2. You sir/madam are a dyke Or anytime you get bored of saying dick.

"foraging for the mushroom": when a woman meets her lover in a clandestine place/ ie-Lori & Shane in the woods

"taking the Hyundai": synonym for sex/ ie- Shane & Andrea

getting "Miltoned": when someone first tries to help you and ultimately fucks you up

"well fuck my mom and call me Judith": committing the act of adultery in the Zombie Apocalypse; 3 levels of severity: Level 1-standard; Level 2-with someone you knew before the ZA; Level 3-with best friend's spouse

"barbecues and picnics": the unexpected, instantaneous mass-murder of people by the leader of their own group-because someone forgot the ketchup

Carl3.0: Differentiates season 3 Carl who shoots whenever he feels necessary : Lori first, then Jody/Random surrendering WB teen. "MrNonsensical is in rare form today- his posts are just Carl3.0ing on that Spoilers thread! as opposed to "My likes are Carling again"

norman reedusness/daryl dixoness: some kind of sexual aura, whereby ovaries explodes all around the world

Karen: immediately replaces any Andrea-related words in this Urban Dick-tionary. "Ugh that girl is sooo annoying. She's such a Karen". "Why is she doing that? She's so stupid. What a Karen".

Fabulicious: Something so fabulous, fantastic and overall "licious" that Beyoncé would drop her Pepsi and show her thigh tendons.

Nic Cage: (n) a completely off-toopic, out-of-the-blue reference that takes over the thread like kudzu. (v) To take over a thread with an out-of-the-blue reference Wow, I didn't mean to Nic Cage that thread when I mentioned that I like turtles, but it turns out that turtles are total Nic Cages.

Nicolas Cage: Brain damage. "We all have a serious case of Nicolas Cage here!"

tea: a random insertion of a comment into a conversation that ultimately has no bearing on the conversation. Has anyone seen TGs fish tank of heads ...? Hey, great tea!

The Governor's Notebook: random scribbles that are supposed to have meaning but are proven useless so far. your post is so much like the governor's notebook.

Technidiot: One who cannot generate memes, gifs, videos or use other modern tools but want to learn.

Not enough Cheese: When we don't get enough badass moments in an episode. Many people believed the finale lacked Cheese

Scroller: When a thread just enough posts that scrolling down to the end is faster than re-reading post to post. "That dam* thread is such a scroller- even at 40 posts per page!"

It Was Beth: When an episode has character deaths or tragic moments

Powertalk/Powerbabble: When TPTB spew verbal garbage to manipulate viewers into believing "no one is safe"

We Get It Now: When the writers continue to mention no one is safe.

Hooking up The Governor: Saying something ridiculous. "Oh MrNonsensical, now you've truly hooked up The Governor."

Cream of bull$hit soup: The flavor of the day as needed. "That AMC press release was so cream of BS! "

Walker diet: When you stop eating your favorite foods after reading/seeing something disgusting while eating in front of the screen. "One day, pulled pork BBQ might regain appeal. But I'm on the walker diet right now after reading that post about Dale's shredded insides that looked exactly like the dinner I was eating at the time!"

Trojan Trolled or TT'd: When someone uses innuendo, sarcasm, or condescending tones, just to provoke a disagreeing response for the sole purpose of back and forth discussion to tally up more "posting points". TT'd is also known as what small children will say after they have gone to the bathroom which is rightfully so because the unsuspecting person doesn't realized that they were just pissed on or TT'd on. Chunglee just TT'd on me for 5 posting with quotes!!!

Backhanded White Flag or BWF: When someone appears to surrender their firm stance and agrees to disagree but again in tones of sarcasm, condescension followed by one last jab or one last reiterating of their point. "Let's just agree to disagree but you need to double check your information".

Greatful Dead: happy Spoiler hunters

Star Ship Troopers or SST's: Groups of fans who have a collective interest in two characters or stars in a TV show to become romantically involved.

Ugly Bumpers or UB's: Are the Star Ship Troopers who want to see their respective shipped characters do a love scene or bump uglies with complete or partial nudity.

The "Woodbury Weaks": the group of children, infants, senior citizens and other non-combatants [read useless mouths to feed, clothes and drain limited resources], whom Rick rescued and brought back to the prison as redshirts and cannon fodder in season 4.

Points Dexter or PD Members: who are Serial Game Players constantly playing the various games in the "Members Lounge" to make quick ‘Posts” and “Points”. Game postings are generally less prone to scrutiny & ridicule.

"The Fantastic Four": Shorthand for Rick, Carl, Michonne and Daryl", when they get the bulk of the media attention in articles and interviews with TPTB since they are considered the top fan favorites.
    Last edited by cody; April 11th, 2013 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Added all of the terms so far.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    First off: fantastic idea!

To pull off a Pale Horse: Used when writers cut an awesome scene.
    Ex. "Oh man, they pulled off another Pale Horse with that scene where Beth kills everyone and reveals her true colours!"

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Oh, I love this idea!!!

I was going to say something about the pale horse but the meanie that posted before me stole it.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jpipp017 View Post
    Oh, I love this idea!!!

I was going to say something about the pale horse but the meanie that posted before me stole it.
    Haha!

The evil Beth card: Generally used whenever Beth or her singing comes up. Can also be used when other members are mean to you.
    Ex. "Now don't make me pull out my Evil Beth card!"

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNonsensical View Post
    Haha!

Th evil Beth card: Generally used whenever Beth or her singing comes up. Can also be used when other members are mean to you.
    Ex. "Now don't make me pull out my Evil Beth card out!"
    DAMMIT!! I specifically came back to this thread to post something about evil Beth. I'm not even kidding. You stole another one you bastard, lol!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jpipp017 View Post
    DAMMIT!! I specifically came back to this thread to post something about evil Beth. I'm not even kidding. You stole another one you bastard, lol!
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Love this thread. We should have more funny threads. Breaks up the monotony

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    Death Dinner: used to comment in threads when you feel a particular character is getting ready to die. "X...sure looks ready for a death dinner in the next episode..."

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Quitting the show: a weak threat when something doesn't go someone's way and they usually never follow up on it.

Walker Lori: unable to let things go

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    ZA - abbre. - Zombie Apocalypse
    def. When your friends and neighbours start eating each other and trying to eat you ,
    sentence; - Honey the Johnstones are out on the lawn and it looks like they're eating that young Smith girl from next door, I think the ZA has started.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast