1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Level

A Daryl & Carol Spinoff Sounds So Lame (BIG COMIC SPOILERS)

I just don't feel like there is anywhere else to go with those characters character wise (and there hasn't been in ages tbh) and now you're giving them a show where lets face it both aren't going to die. They are never going to progress in their relationship beyond being friends. It's just going to be them running in to people and every few episodes those people will die and Daryl & Carol will move on to the next location and do the same thing.

A better spinoff idea IMO would've been a huge time jump and focusing on the adult versions of Judith, RJ, Gracie and Hershel. Maybe featuring a couple returning characters that are now much older like Eugene and Maggie or whoever doesn't want to move on but I imagine most will.

I'd almost be more interested in that show than the current show these days because it gives us something the comics didn't: What happens on The Walking Dead after The Walking Dead ends? Where does the story for THOSE characters go once there is no more source material? That's why Kirkman created The Walking Dead. He hated how zombie movies always end. He was more interested in what happens after the credits roll. And The Walking Dead gave us that. But then it ended (or will). Now I'm not saying I want Walking Dead to go on forever but I am curious where the story would go after the comics. If the show ends like it did in the comics a lot of the characters that survived the story are still around in the show. Like the only characters that we don't really have is Coral and Sophia but Judith can easily fill in for Coral. Other than that most of the fuck ups the show made those characters died anyway in the comics by the time it ended. Even Rick dies.

I'm not saying to do like a CW style show like the World Beyond. I'm talking about these kids when they're actually adults. Like around the age of the main characters of The Walking Dead when the show/comic first started. Recast them all.

It doesn't have to be this long running show like the other ones. Even 3 seasons would be fine. Especially since when TWD ends if I remember correctly there is barely any walkers even left. The number has decreased significantly. It would have to focus more on rebuilding civilization and I don't mean small settlements. Like actually bringing America back but you still get conflict from the people of course. Everyone is going to be a little fucked up after the world they just lived through for probably 25 years of killing people left and right. You can't just expect everyone to be civilized again. And they can still have to deal with walkers just probably not big herds anymore. Think of it as a story about THE END of the zombie pandemic. So many zombie things focus on the beginning or like TWD did focusing what happened after but what happens once the humans start to get the upper hand? What about the fight for power among the people? Who controls what land? Does the US now split in to territories? What if there is a civil war within The Commonweath itself? All that could be very interesting. Trading some of the horror for a little more Game of Thronesiness but not totally getting rid of it. The horror will just be less present and in some ways will make the horror even scarier because you'll never know when to expect it and in some ways might make walkers seem like more of a threat again because most people haven't dealt with them in a long time and some may be too young and sheltered to have ever had to deal with them. And when I say GoT I don't mean swords and dragons and shit. Just the fight for power.

I dunno, that to me just seems way more interesting than Daryl & Carol just doing the same shit we've been seeing for 11 seasons. A show that focuses more on the larger picture than the smaller picture. Not that I hate the smaller picture it's just we've seen like 20 seasons of that between all the shows.

If we were going to do a show that was just going to be a repeat of TWD I'd rather a spinoff about The Governor but every year they don't do it makes it much harder to do because of the actors aging. They need The Governor, Merle and Martinez.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I think the spin off is just a red herring to make people think neither Carol nor Daryl will die, and then they can dramatically kill one or both off. I doubt such a spin off would actually happen.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    If they are going to do a spin-off, they should at least do it with Negan or Alpha...