Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I think S2 did a better job with the zombie threat (herds converging on the farm, barn full of walkers, etc) whereas S3 was about the human threat (Woodbury) which was really kind of boring. I never feared the Gov & the laughable Woodbury Army. Paper tiger. I was more scared of Randall's group in S2 and we never saw them.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    I have to go with season 2, I dig character development over constant action any day. I'd rather come to care about characters and watch them die in seldom action sequences than not care about most characters and watch a majority of them die in constant action sequences and not feel one way or the other about their deaths. (Except Merle)

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Level
    Season 3 is probably my favorite, despite its many flaws. I loved The Governor's arc, loved following around Tyreese and co (despite it being a bit of a mess; large part of this has to due with the fact that I'm a huge CC fan), and we got the best material yet I thought for a good amount of the characters (T-Dog, Lori, Rick, Carl, Beth, Maggie, Hershel, Carol, Glenn, Merle), not to mention the best one-off recurring players yet (Milton, Axel, Oscar).

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't really think you can compare the two.

They were just completely different.

Season 2 was mainly focused on character development while season 3 was more focused on keeping you in suspense the whole way through

Walkers were the main threat in season 2 while people were the main threat in season 3.

I mean, they were both good in their own way... I can't really compare them myself and make a decision on which one is my favorite based on that.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    I vote for Season 1.

However if I had to pick, I would say Season 2 was better overall. Season 3 was a nightmare for GN fans and purists.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Lookout Walk With Me Andrichonne's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Season 3 first half was the best, character development from rick, carl, michonne and the governor. Season 3 back half let the front half down, it started so strong that the back half was an automatic let down due to the impact of lori death, which should of been a mid season finale death imo. Season 2 was a consistent flow, despite in the change of show runners. The first half was amazing as well as the second half. Everyone had a big arc in season 2: carol, rick, lori, shane, dale, Andrea, Carl, Hershel family, glenn. But season 3 I would say Carol didn't have a big arc compared to season2, beth didn't have an arc, Hershel was a supporting character for rick imo, despite my on going love for him. It was too busy the season 3 back half that some stories should of been cut out like Andrea trying to bring both worlds together shouldn't of been an arc, instead she should of stayed at the prison in episode 11 or after episode 8. So what am saying is season 3 first half was amazing and better than season 2 and was a season in its self because it supported the back half, but the back half wasn't that good, but season 2 was fantastic all the way through.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrion93 View Post
    Season 3 is probably my favorite, despite its many flaws. I loved The Governor's arc, loved following around Tyreese and co (despite it being a bit of a mess; large part of this has to due with the fact that I'm a huge CC fan), and we got the best material yet I thought for a good amount of the characters (T-Dog, Lori, Rick, Carl, Beth, Maggie, Hershel, Carol, Glenn, Merle), not to mention the best one-off recurring players yet (Milton, Axel, Oscar).
    I agree with this. I liked Season 3 the most at this point because if I had to pick between too fast or two slow, I would have to go with too fast. Hopefully Gimple will get the pacing down in Season 4 and we have a perfectly paced Season from beginning to end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12