Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Level
    Gotta agree with @Jay that it might be time for a change. They’ve gotta do something to liven up the franchise if they have the intention of keeping it going for a long time yet. A new variant of faster Walkers might actually make the Walkers something to fear again. I’ve got a feeling that what’s going on with Alicia will play into all of this like @shrike said too. Maybe she has an altogether new variant where you can fight it off and maybe she’s the key to a cure. That might be where the World Beyond characters fit into the future of the franchise by working on the cure.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Level
    Is the zombie virus actually a virus? Didn't Jenner say they didn't know at the CDC?

As for Alicia, is there possibly something she was exposed to while she was in the cell that we don't know about yet?

I've said this before but they should have made the walkers skin get harder over time rather than softer.

Does any of this have to do with current events?

Just some random thoughts

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Level
    I mean, there was a nuclear bomb that went off. Maybe there is something in the air that can mutate the walkers and the virus itself in people. There is so many possibilities.

Maybe this explosion was the whole point of Fear The Walking Dead. I mean, maybe not early on when Erickson was running things but that is what the conclusion of Fear is going to be about. If World Beyond is telling us that variants can exist, Maybe Fear is going to create North American variants from the explosion and the Rick movies/new Daryl series we're going to start seeing groups of them. Fear might introduce us to the first one in person though but whatever happens I feel like they gotta do something with that nuclear explosion other than just everyone wearing masks all the time. Instead of making it this season's gimmick actually have a lasting effect from it and it is worth noting that FTWD right now takes place in the past. Dwight left the main show after the Negan stuff and there was I think a 1 or 2 year time skip after that when Rick was in the first 5 eps of S9 before the second much larger one. I don't have any clue how much time has passed from Dwight in the time period from his TWD exit and his first episode of FTWD and the time that has passed during his time on FTWD thus far but the timelines have to be getting pretty close to when Rick left on that helicopter.

That said, I don't want to see any variants in the main series. To me they just gotta close whatever story they're trying to tell and have that be the ending of TWD as we know it. Leave future shit to other stuff if they insist on keeping this franchise going.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12