Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Interesting tweet from Mazzara

“Merle's death will have a huge affect on Daryl -- now he has no family left." -- Glen Mazzara #TheWalkingDead #WonderCon”

I know that Mazzara is leaving but I would hardly think that this would apply to one episode only and I just found it interesting that he would say that Daryl has no family left now; he sees TP as family. Of course he could be referring to the technical familial bonds of blood. Thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Daryl has a prison full of family left. He said so himself last episode. Maybe it's just Mazzara trying to make us think Daryl will react in a certain way?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    He's probably just messing with everyone

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe they'll go all Star Wars and The Governor will reveal that he's Daryl's father.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I mean its another speculated tweet I take it as darryl has no more loose ends to tie up. He is not loooking for his brother. Or saving him or protecting him. I think he will have an effect. But it may jus be extra vengeance with woodbury. On td. They did that poll on how he would react. And the viewers said be withdrwn. Everyone on the panel disagreed. So who knows n i wonder if glenn mazzara has hard feelings toward the show

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahrean View Post
    “Merle's death will have a huge affect on Daryl -- now he has no family left." -- Glen Mazzara #TheWalkingDead #WonderCon”

I know that Mazzara is leaving but I would hardly think that this would apply to one episode only and I just found it interesting that he would say that Daryl has no family left now; he sees TP as family. Of course he could be referring to the technical familial bonds of blood. Thoughts?
    Thanks for your info as always :)....,was this tweeted today?

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it's just his way of saying that Daryl will want to wreck holy vengence on the Gov. The Gov killed his only blood relative, the brother that was missing for a year that he hoped to reunite with. Daryl is gonna be p.o'ed!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    It's hard to tell what Mazzara means by this, but I do think Daryl views TP as his family. I will say though, based on personal experience, it's difficult and awkward to lose a relative, or in Daryl's case, his only relative, and to realize the people around you are the family, though not by blood, you have left. They are the same as family, but at the same time they aren't. It's hard to explain, but I think they may head into this internal conflict/awkwardness and eventually relieving strain on Daryl. At least, I hope they do. &nbsp;<br><br>I hope all that makes sense to someone...

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Daryl definitely feels the prison group is his family. He's not the type to say something he doesn't believe. After all, he says little but what is said has import. Also, Judith and Carl definitely hold a place in his heart -- not to mention Carol. Of all of them, Daryl seems the most resistant to flip-flopping his thoughts. So, I don't think he feels he has no family left -- just no blood relations anyway. Also, you couldn't say he had that stron a relationship with Merle. Yeah, he loved him but there was a definite divide. It was apparent when Merle saw Daryl's scars and was stunned by them. It didn't take long for Daryl to realize the prison was where he belonged.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    There is a difference between "Family" and "Like Family"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast