Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Rick/Carol Friendship

I like it. I got the feeling during season two that Carol did not think much of Rick as a leader and sort of blamed him for Sophia. However, after Rick found out that she was alive and they hugged, I have really enjoyed their scenes. I liked their mutual sadness over the loss of Daryl, Carol's wince when Axel said that he had seen many men crack and her telling Andrea that Rick has his reasons for being cold. She understands what he is going through and is concerned for him. Plus, after Carl, she is the person he is most willing to have physical contact with. I do not mean in a romantic way, but I think it is good for him to be physically close to some people.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Nine lives, remember? ✿ Cherokee Rose ✿'s Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love their relationship!

It was amazing to see that Carol's opinion on Rick as a person and a leader changes to negative to extremely positive from Season 2 to Season 3. They are now friends, family to each other, and they both share mutual trust and affection. As you already mentioned, I also love to see physical (not romantically intended) interaction between them, like when she found out about Judith's birth and Lori's death or when he comes back from Woodbury and tells her about Daryl's departure!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I like that they can have that physical connection with each other without it being romantic. Their friendship is one of my favorite on the show. And its definitely come a long way.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I love their friendship. The scene where Rick finds out she's alive was so sweet - one of the most touching moments on TWD.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Zombie Hoarder walkingdeadrules's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree. Andrew Lincoln has been very effusive about his praise for MMB who plays Carol. I really think that's a big part of their on screen chemistry as well. At the end of the day she is the only original female survivor, and she is a parent who lost her spouse as well, there is history and common ground

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah, in Season 2 she pissed me off though, trying to get Daryl to go against him and then asking Rick to do something. No, you wanted to leave so Rick doesn't have to do anything. I'm glad that's changed now, I love the entire relationship they have.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Level
    Touch is a powerful healer. I have loved watching their friendship evolve since last season. the look on his face when he realized she was alive and standing up in that cell was so beautiful... It was exactly what he needed at that point and I loved watching his face go from hard to joyful. Great scene....as when she shared her sadness with him over Lori. Just a powerful scene. I wish it could get played for the masses somewhere say at an acting awards ceremony?

Carol and Rick have great empathy for each other ...that beautiful scene where he hugs her when Daryl leaves....I think he needed the touch as much as her. He was heartbroken, too. I loved how he walked up the drive with his hand on her back. You could tell how much he was dreading telling her that news.

They have great chemistry together... they are both stellar actors.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    omg don't even get me started on how much their friendship has developed.

That scene in the prison after she's found with their hug???

Ugh... I get teary-eyed just thinking about it.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    That silent communication between Rick and Carol, moving from rejoicing over her being alive to the surprise of the baby to the grief and sorrow she conveys back to him, is simply fantastic. So much conveyed without a word, I remember being so moved and almost surprised by it.

It makes me think of this quote from an EW review of "This Sorrowful Life", regarding the scene between Carol and Merle:

(ASIDE: I feel like we need to give props to Melissa McBride, who plays Carol; she barely gets anything to do, but somehow, she seems to have a slight spark of romantic chemistry with every male actor on the show. END OF ASIDE.)
    I wouldn't call it all romantic chemistry between she and Merle or she and Rick, etc., but MMB certainly brings something extra to her scenes that sparks off the actors she's sharing that moment with. I liked that that reviewer saw it too.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by extravagantjoke View Post
    That silent communication between Rick and Carol, moving from rejoicing over her being alive to the surprise of the baby to the grief and sorrow she conveys back to him, is simply fantastic. So much conveyed without a word, I remember being so moved and almost surprised by it.

It makes me think of this quote from an EW review of "This Sorrowful Life", regarding the scene between Carol and Merle:

I wouldn't call it all romantic chemistry between she and Merle or she and Rick, etc., but MMB certainly brings something extra to her scenes that sparks off the actors she's sharing that moment with. I liked that that reviewer saw it too.
    I totally agree and even put it in my earlier post and then erased it..even in that last scene with Axel. She has something that brings out the best in the actors she is playing off of...

I think that scene in the cell between her and Rick is when people started seeing MMB and Carol in a different light.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast