1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tenten32321 View Post
    I disagree.

I liked what Mazzara did this season, although I do have a few nitpicks.

But I thought it started out strong and it ended just the way it needed to.

Not trying to be insulting or anything but I really hate when people compare the comics and the show.

It's been said time and time again that the comic is only being used as a reference and honestly, comic readers will most likely be disappointed if they keep comparing the two.

Interesting rant though :)
    Good points. I hated what he did with Andrea BUT was happy he prevailed in her death b/c the character needed to go.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Honestly I've done this for every season finale. Ts-19 was the first really major departure from the comics, I hated it and swore I wouldn't watch season 2.

Beside the Dying Fire was an incredible finale, but after trudging through the inconsistent muck of season 2, I had little hope for the series' future, and again swore I wouldn't watch it.

Now, Welcome to the Tombs was truly disappointing for me, and I really don't want to keep giving AMC my viewership.

But dammit all if Tyreese isn't my favorite character! And I do expect great and terrible things from the Governor's return, especially with Scott Gimple at the helm (Clear was an incredibly twisted and intense episode, just the kind of writing the show needs for the Governor's return to form). I have a love/hate relationship with The Walking Dead. Mostly because I'm a writer and spend half the time watching it thinking "Really? That's what they're going with?"

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe sometimes it's better to just enjoy it for what it is, don't nitpick every detail, suspend disbelief and realize that it won't meet every single expectation every single person has. :)

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahrean View Post
    Good points. I hated what he did with Andrea BUT was happy he prevailed in her death b/c the character needed to go.
    Andrea did not need to die, you're just letting your Andrea hate take over everything you say, but hey it's your opinion i'll respect it!

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe sometimes it's better to just enjoy it for what it is, don't nitpick every detail, suspend disbelief and realize that it won't meet every single expectation every single person has. :)
    It's exactly that, for everything. It's unfortunate but true. And the comics certainly have an acquired taste to them-- Shit gets too crazy for cable TV. There are just better ways they could get around certain obstacles. Maybe if some of the writers for Breaking Bad moved down the hall a bit I wouldn't be having this crisis. :P

Quote Originally Posted by H-Town View Post
    Andrea did not need to die, you're just letting your Andrea hate take over everything you say, but hey it's your opinion i'll respect it!
    Honestly I'm in agreement with you on this one. She absolutely didn't have to die, she could have grown and developed into a really great character had they given her more time in season 4. BUUUUUUUUT NooooOOOOoooOOOOOo.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I think there mustve been too much debating behind the scenes because there were alot of things that never made sense or that were closed up. I love the show , this season was my least favorite with andrea dictating the plot But i felt mazarra was kill happy and at times i felt the writing was lazy and made even casual viewers feel like the writing was dumbing us down

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I loved the finale and love the show as a whole. yes it has its weak points and plot holes...shitty episodes like walk with me from time to time...but still love it and can't wait for season 4. oh and its nice to see the gov come out of his shell. finally!

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Town View Post
    With respect to your opinion, I disagree. I respect you and hope you can do the same in return. How would you feel if I said that you are letting your rage over Merle's death bias everything you say? It's not right and not fair at all, and I won't do it to you so I am asking you to return that favor. You say you respect it, yet you still throw that unneeded judgment in there.

And yes, I think they did need to kill her b/c there was nowhere left for her to go. She couldn't go back to TP, there's no way she could've fit in and WB was obviously out of the question.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    With respect to your opinion, I disagree. I respect you and hope you can do the same in return. How would you feel if I said that you are letting your rage over Merle's death bias everything you say? It's not right and not fair at all, and I won't do it to you so I am asking you to return that favor. You say you respect it, yet you still throw that unneeded judgment in there.

And yes, I think they did need to kill her b/c there was nowhere left for her to go. She couldn't go back to TP, there's no way she could've fit in and WB was obviously out of the question.
    With all respect to you Ahrean, I disagree.

I didn't like Andrea but I expected the writers to have her rejoin the prison but be more of a background character and work towards repairing her relationship with everyone... especially Michonne before they offed her.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    i dont think andrea NEEDED to die. but i guess im satisfied that she did.... it would be better than hearing another season of andrea hate. and no im not talking about forums, but in real life. all the people i talk about the show with loathe andrea to the point that its annoying to even watch her on screen because i have to hear all the peanut gallery comments in the backround

Edit: also her death was done well. someone actually dying from a walker. i forgot that could happen

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast