Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahrean View Post
    although they say her death will have a big impact, blah blah blah, I think they're blowing smoke. Her death will have the impact on the level that T-Dog got the expanded role they said he would in S3.
    soooo true

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
    Didn't know what the poll was asking at first, but still, your rant, imo, is genuine but fails on many levels. The first and foremost is your disgust towards threads discussing Andrea when you just created one. ... just saying!
    Neither did I, it's kinda confusing. Merle or Andrea what!?
    Is the OP asking me which one do I like better ?
    Which one do I wanna sleep with ?
    Which one do I loathe ?

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahrean View Post
    Her death will have the impact on the level that T-Dog got the expanded role they said he would in S3.
    I think it is time for me to show you guys an interview from Mazzarra concerning T-Dog, his death and so-called huger role in Season 3:

Lilja: I want to ask you about T-Dog. Myself and a lot of fans thought that since he had such an anonymous part in season 2 that he would have some greater purpose here in season 3 and I was quite surprised that he was just killed of like he was. Was that the plan all the time or was it something that developed over time?

Glen Mazzara:
    That was something that we decided this season. All the material you see this season was developed this season. So we had this character T-Dog that, last year when I took over, the character hadn’t really been developed. The show focused on other dynamics so that character got short drift. So as we’re bringing in new characters and developing new characters we looked at; what is this story that we want to tell? And unfortunately we didn’t want to continue to have a character in the background that wasn’t being explored and we have these new characters that we have to explore. So we had very lengthy discussions about that character and his faith and it came up that he would die heroically and once we did that it felt right. It felt like a good and emotional story for that character. You always look for good storied for the characters. Unfortunately this resulted in his death. But I think it was an important story to tell and I think it was the right ending for that character.

Lilja:
    I know you planed on killing Hershel in season two but changed your mind. Have there been others that have been close to being killed of but then saved?

Glen Mazzara:
    Yes, in the first half of the season I did tell Melissa McBride that Carol was going to be killed off. I told her that and then we came up with a better plan that was that if T-Dog had saved her, if T-Dog sacrificed his life we felt that that sacrifice was only worthwhile if Carol lived. But we didn’t want to reveal that Carol was alive at the end of that episode because we were really going with the devastation of Lori’s death. And we were just embracing the mournful aspect of that last scene where Rick breaks down and we did not want to undercut it with the positive of “oh, here is Carol”. So it took a little while until we came up with “what if she locked herself in a cell and couldn’t get out and she was dehydrated and horse from screaming” and then she was saved by Daryl two episodes later. But I did tell Melissa McBride that she would be killed of and then when I called her back and told he she was not being killed off she was very, very happy.

So this is why T-Dog got killed off quickly in Season 3.

Here's the link to the full interview: http://twdnews.wordpress.com/intervi...ember-17-2012/

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    "You always look for good storied for the characters". "...what if she locked herself in a cell and couldn’t get out and she was dehydrated and horse from screaming...". "But I did tell Melissa McBride that she would be killed of..." How about "stories", "hoarse", "off"? Doesn't anyone believe in proofreading anymore? I can't help but question the credibility of articles like this.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    "She was horse from screaming"

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HHmm View Post
    "She was horse from screaming"

Hi, Please post constructively. Thanks

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    What a great link to the interview Christ2010Grad and thanks for posting it here to help build the context we needed to better understand some of the aspects of T-Dog's death as well as Glenn Mazzarra's motives for moving forward as he chose.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ2010Grad View Post
    I think it is time for me to show you guys an interview from Mazzarra concerning T-Dog, his death and so-called huger role in Season 3:

Lilja: I want to ask you about T-Dog. Myself and a lot of fans thought that since he had such an anonymous part in season 2 that he would have some greater purpose here in season 3 and I was quite surprised that he was just killed of like he was. Was that the plan all the time or was it something that developed over time?

Glen Mazzara:
    That was something that we decided this season. All the material you see this season was developed this season. So we had this character T-Dog that, last year when I took over, the character hadn’t really been developed. The show focused on other dynamics so that character got short drift. So as we’re bringing in new characters and developing new characters we looked at; what is this story that we want to tell? And unfortunately we didn’t want to continue to have a character in the background that wasn’t being explored and we have these new characters that we have to explore. So we had very lengthy discussions about that character and his faith and it came up that he would die heroically and once we did that it felt right. It felt like a good and emotional story for that character. You always look for good storied for the characters. Unfortunately this resulted in his death. But I think it was an important story to tell and I think it was the right ending for that character.

Lilja:
    I know you planed on killing Hershel in season two but changed your mind. Have there been others that have been close to being killed of but then saved?

Glen Mazzara:
    Yes, in the first half of the season I did tell Melissa McBride that Carol was going to be killed off. I told her that and then we came up with a better plan that was that if T-Dog had saved her, if T-Dog sacrificed his life we felt that that sacrifice was only worthwhile if Carol lived. But we didn’t want to reveal that Carol was alive at the end of that episode because we were really going with the devastation of Lori’s death. And we were just embracing the mournful aspect of that last scene where Rick breaks down and we did not want to undercut it with the positive of “oh, here is Carol”. So it took a little while until we came up with “what if she locked herself in a cell and couldn’t get out and she was dehydrated and horse from screaming” and then she was saved by Daryl two episodes later. But I did tell Melissa McBride that she would be killed of and then when I called her back and told he she was not being killed off she was very, very happy.

So this is why T-Dog got killed off quickly in Season 3.

Here's the link to the full interview: http://twdnews.wordpress.com/intervi...ember-17-2012/
    haven't seen this before. thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12