Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Andrea: My Biggest Disappointment *Contains GN Spoiler*

As much as I hated the tv character, I loved the GN version. My biggest regret about her is that we won't get to see her performance in what is her absolute coolest moment in the GN.

Rick boldly enters the Hunter's camp alone, asking to negotiate an agreement that will end their stalking of his group. The Hunter's leader, Chris refuses, and boastfully ridicules Rick's request. As he approaches Rick, Ricks cooly says, "Andrea, the big guy, left ear, pow", and another member of the hunter's left ear is seperated from his head by a shot from the concealed (along with Michonne and Abraham), sniper. Rick states, "if you move it, it gets shot off". Next, Chris points threateningly at Rick, and his right index finger is removed from his hand. From there, the group eliminates the threat with EXTREME prejudice, before returning to their camp. I was left with mouth agape, and will never forget this scene and Andrea's role in it. It's my favorite scene in the GN and I greatly regret that I'll never see it in the tv series.

PS--unless Carol evolves to pull it off....

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Blame the writers! Some characters are written well, like Carl, but others are written poorly, like Andrea.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah man, I really wanted to see badass sniper Andrea.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe Tyreese will evolve into a badass sniper LOL JK

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    I still keep hoping that we'll get another "Andrea" on the show who has all of the GN Andrea's qualities. She is one of my favorite GN characters and deserves to be brought to the screen.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think it will be as effective. What makes Andrea so great is that she's been around since the begining and has grown so much, through Amy's death, getting cut the fuck up, face shot, Dale's death, and the twins' death. Yet throughout it all, she's persevered. She's gone through arguably more than Rick, but she kept her shit right, soldiered on, and is now a big dog.

Its such a cheat that we'll never get to see that. Its more than having just a "bad ass chick" on the show, its her journey and strength that I will truly miss.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    seems like maggie has the sniper part on the show.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    I am so disappointed in the way they ruined Andrea. I was so excited at where she was heading in the S2 finale only to have them drop it completely. Not giving us an awesome Michonne/Andrea super team (the female counterpart to Rick and Daryl) taking on the challenges and dangers of the apocalyptic world. Not giving us anything really.

And just when Andrea appears to crawl back from her writer induced stupor and be bad ass again ... BAM!!!! they pull the rug right out from under her with a pair of pliers.
    It was the worst :redface:

And yeah, my money is on Maggie as the sniper of the group.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dc4340 View Post
    As much as I hated the tv character, I loved the GN version. My biggest regret about her is that we won't get to see her performance in what is her absolute coolest moment in the GN.

Rick boldly enters the Hunter's camp alone, asking to negotiate an agreement that will end their stalking of his group. The Hunter's leader, Chris refuses, and boastfully ridicules Rick's request. As he approaches Rick, Ricks cooly says, "Andrea, the big guy, left ear, pow", and another member of the hunter's left ear is seperated from his head by a shot from the concealed (along with Michonne and Abraham), sniper. Rick states, "if you move it, it gets shot off". Next, Chris points threateningly at Rick, and his right index finger is removed from his hand. From there, the group eliminates the threat with EXTREME prejudice, before returning to their camp. I was left with mouth agape, and will never forget this scene and Andrea's role in it. It's my favorite scene in the GN and I greatly regret that I'll never see it in the tv series.

PS--unless Carol evolves to pull it off....
    I think they could actually use Carol in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manscaper View Post
    I don't think it will be as effective. What makes Andrea so great is that she's been around since the begining and has grown so much, through Amy's death, getting cut the fuck up, face shot, Dale's death, and the twins' death. Yet throughout it all, she's persevered. She's gone through arguably more than Rick, but she kept her shit right, soldiered on, and is now a big dog.

Its such a cheat that we'll never get to see that. Its more than having just a "bad ass chick" on the show, its her journey and strength that I will truly miss.
    That's why I think Carol can pull it off. If there's any female in that group that's crawled out from a big load of shit to slowly start becoming a woman unto herself, it's Carol.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I was loving Andrea's storyline up until it turned out that it was set up for her to basically take Dale's place.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope Carol takes her place and not Daryl or Maggie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast