3 4.92%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    i give it a 9 because nearly every episode was intense. slightly predictable and i think the writing could be better.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Initially I gave this thing an 8/10, however I changed my mind and thought this should have been given a score between an 8 and 9 out of 10. I refuse to give this thing a 10 out of 10 because there's always room for improvement.

This season is a step up from the previous two season. Like JTPWalker said, almost every episode was intense and some of my most favorite episodes were:
    1. Clear
    2. This Sorrowful Life (I initially disliked because it was centered around Merle, a character I dislike greatly, but after a while I came to like it)
    3. Killer Within
    4. Seed
    5. Made To Suffer
    6. Welcome To the Tombs

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it an 8/10. Overall, I thought the season was great, I loved how the prison group beacame a strong, cohesive fighting group over the winter that we didn't see. But I was getting really tired of Woodbury, especially after Merle and Daryl escaped. And Andrea just made me want to bang my head against the wall.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    7 would be a good note for the season!

We had a very good start, great pace, with the discovery and cleaning of the prison, in the first chapter Hershel losing his leg.

In the second half of the season, which began appearing defects ...

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Zombie Hoarder walkingdeadrules's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it an 8 too and agree with what seems to be the consensus....season started out with a bang, was very intense, and the second half just seemed to meander. For me, you could tell there was a lot of arguing and indecisiveness in the writing in the second half and it lacked character development. I thought a LOT of characters were introduced and killed way too quickly without any development and others didn't get the focus they deserved. But I love the Walking Dead, and it's better than almost anything else on tv

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I went 9 because of not enough development with characters before their death, pointless shock factor deaths and too many main cast deaths. Also I felt that it dragged a bit hearing them go on about going to war (mainly in the second half) and it had me wanting the war to happen already. However I will say I loved the survival of most of team prison but still think they wasted a lot of potential. Oscar wasn't developed much at all and although Axel had a fair amount of development I was beginning to like his humorous lines and honesty.
    Also I felt they added Tyreese into the mix for the sake of it and didn't give him that much story. All in all great season it was certainly a fun ride but a few tweaks here and there could have bumped it to a perfect 10.
    Also another bad thing was that they made Woodbury so boring, in the comic series there was some tough guys at Woodbury and everyone was willing to fight. Some aspects of the comics felt way too rushed thrown in the mix just for the sake of saying its been added, for example one staged arena fight (Merle and Daryl doesn't really count for me)
    Lastly Andrea brought most of the season down IMO.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Season 1: 10/10
    Season 2: 20/10
    Season 3: 8/10

Season 3 killed off too many characters, sent Andrea on a death sentence that everyone agrees ruined the character in some way or another, rushed through itself way too quickly, had no character development except for a select few characters, and last but certainly not least, this guy:

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm surprised so many people gave it an 8. Especially after rewatching season 3, it was quite a disappointment, and lacked many things.

A few posts back I gave it a 7.4, after rewatching I'd give it around a 6.7.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    If the season remained the way it had in its first three episodes, this probably would have been the show's best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrNonsensical View Post
    I'm surprised so many people gave it an 8. Especially after rewatching season 3, it was quite a disappointment, and lacked many things.

A few posts back I gave it a 7.4, after rewatching I'd give it around a 6.7.
    I agree that it was even worse on a rewatch. Every time I see one of Andrea's scene all I can think is "What the hell is the point of all this if they're just going to kill her and Milton in the end anyway?!"

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AlVan View Post
    If the season remained the way it had in its first three episodes, this probably would have been the show's best.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that it was even worse on a rewatch. Every time I see one of Andrea's scene all I can think is "What the hell is the point of all this if they're just going to kill her and Milton in the end anyway?!"
    Although, I liked this season better than the previous two, I can understand why people would give rate it with either a 6.7 or 7.4 when looking back. I think the second half of Season 3 was the reason Glenn Mazarra left the position of showrunner.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast