1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Singing Sweet Home Alabama all summer long Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level

How would you rate Season 3 overall?

On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the lowest and 10 the highest), what would you rate Season 3 as a whole?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm mixed between a 7 and an 8, but it's going to be a 7. It lacked in character development, and it was very messy at times, not to mention the anticlimatic finale, but it definitely had its good moments, like Merle's demise and the whole episode 'Clear'. Consider it a 7.4.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Singing Sweet Home Alabama all summer long Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah, I'm in between 8 and 9, myself. It DID lack several opportunities for character development. I actually think it started off better than it ended. Some of the last few eps came across as hastily written and only for shock value. I do think it was better than season 2 though. I'm hoping Gimple will find that balance between character development and action for season 4!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Voted 8. Could have been 9 or10 if they hadn't ruined Andrea's character and turned Rick into an indecisive , desperate idiot by giving up his best fighter to a nutcase that he knew meant to kill them all anyway. Really liked Rick's 'zombie strike force" clearing the prison, Tyrese and Morgan making appearances, Glenn's turn as a badass killing a zombie while tied up, Carl's and Michonne's development, and Merle's storyline.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I voted 8. The season started incredible, taking TWO main characters surprisingly in just the 4th episode. I thought there, "shit, this is the perfect opportunity for character development. Its finally the time for Carl to grow up, its the time for everyone to grow up and to take care of Judith". And it looked like that was going to be happening, but then the twist of Merle kidnapping Maggie and Glenn happened (which I think it was perfectly made)and improved even more. Woodbury started very slow but by midseason finale they were very good. The mideason finale rocked.
    By that time, it was 10/10

but then it went to an unknow situation and confusion. Character development was gone. Out of a sudden, Carl, Carol and Glenn steped down. That anger of Glenn of killing the Gov was suddenly gone. It looked like he got scared of facing him and abandoned his decision of going there to kill. After 'Clear', Carl disappeared. Nowhere to be seen, same with Carol. I understand that they were focusing more on the war going on, but it looked like those 3 got kicked out of it and it was just only Rick, Daryl and Michonne (and maybe Merle) against WB.

However, I will continue to watch the show like always. Im more curious to see how the writers are going to take the rough, unexpected and stumbled finale. Especially Scott Gimple. Im excited to see him being the showrunner. He has made great episodes so far. The second part of the season did not matched the first part, but it wasnt that bad either. It got mixed up and they were a bit of confusions.

i have to give, though, credit to David Morrissey. He has made a fantastic, fantastic job as The Governor. His work is to be hated by the fans, and he has made that incredibly. Also to Dallas Roberts, who at first, Milton looked like a bored character but then it developed a lot. I wish he could have joined Team Prision though :(

So yup, this is my review of this season.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I went 8, cause I saw the return of two characters who were really enjoyable (Merle and Morgan), I got new characters who were friggin awesome (Michonne Governor etc) I got some episodes which will be remembered as some of the best episodes in The Walking Dead's lifetime. Seed, Sick, Walk With Me (Merles return), Killer Within, Hounded, Clear and This Sorrowful Life. I would've given 9 but I didn't get enough Tyreese and I was disappointed with 'T-Dog has big plans for season 3'. Overall good season, bit more character development and maybe some more walker kills :)

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it an 8

There was a lot of stuff I liked about this season but the bloodlust got to be a bit out of control and the second half to me felt like they didn't know where they were going but we did get some great episodes out of the second half (Clear and This Sorrowful Life)

Apart from the blood lust and confusion, I really liked this season

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Level
    I voted 8. I think the character development was lacking, hated Woodbury/Andrea storyline, wished we saw more of Tyreese. I loved the fact that Rooker was in most of the season, Merle's death and Daryl's reaction was gut wreching, Morgan's return in Clear turned out to be one of my favorite of the series, I felt bad for Lori in Killer Within; her death so far as been the most moving for me, David Morrissey and Dania Gurira came on board and Hershel didn't die.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Loved how it ended, loved, well, seeing my least favorite go bye bye. Gave it a 10 for that alone. They ever give me a bare ass bathing scene of Daryl and it goes through the roof.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I'd give it an 8. although theyres times i wanna give it a 10, or a 6, or a 3.... it depends. not as good as the first two seasons for sure. the begining seasons were more character focused and more drama plus zombies were a real threat. this season seemed like they were just trying to wrack up body counts without development. this season however had some shining moments. how they haddled the governor, martinez, and merle was amazing. i admit they did make michonne a bit better from begining to end now i can tolerate her. however they did kill off some of the great characters like lori, t-dog, and andrea.

I'd give it an 8... very good and im excited for next season. i'd give season 2 an 8.5 and season 1 an 8.5 or 9.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast