Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Daryl's Crossbow

Anybody else wondering where Daryl's getting all the friggin' bolts for his crossbow? I mean sure, he can collect and re-use SOME of them but come on! Did they find a Dick's Sporting Goods store in a strip mall? Or maybe a Cabela's... WTF?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Lol! I asked the same question to my mum a while back. She said he reuses them too but say he started with 10, I can't see him retrieving all 10 over the course of a year.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    I believe in season 2, when everyone was living in the house Daryl chose to set up camp way out on the outskirts of the farm away from everyone, and in one of the scenes it showed him making his own.

So it's probably a mix between going through stores and supply hunts, and him making his own.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    i for some time wondered this same question... but with his talents and natural survival instinct its not to far fetched to believe he can make his own. Tons of ppl have the ability to do that today. So im sure thats what he does... the only thing is that the arrows he uses in the show seem to be "professionally" made... that is the shows mistake by not making it more clear and to make us think he recovers all when seen that its not possible in some scenes... jmo

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    I can't remember what episode, but in one of them he was making his own. I think it may have been when Dale was trying to convince Daryl or when Carol came over to him for something, he was in the scene with i think a knife and some sticks.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm sure he could make his own, but yeah most look brand spanking new! Cool weapon though, glad he's got one. Sure doesn't draw walkers the way a gunshot does. Glad he didn't lose/break it when he fell ass over tea-kettle last season.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    You could spot him making his own bolts in 2x08 when Lori asks him to go after Rick and Glenn.

He seemed to be down to one or two industrially made ones some time in season 2, but now - season 3 - he has quite a few of them. I guess he raided them and attached them to the front of his bow (this is where he seems to keep the industrially made ones). If you look at his quiver, that one is full of wooden, self-made ones.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Calandra, that's some good spotting there. I've never realised the difference between the ones in the quiver and on his bow.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't know a ton about crossbows, but what I do believe to be true about them would bring a lot of questions. Most crossbow bolts are quite a bit shorter than arrows for bows and aren't available nearly as widely as arrows. I also believe the "nocs" on the back of most bolts to be different than arrows. I have also been told modern compound bows can not safely fire old fashioned wood arrows because the force and velocity would likely cause most stick wooden arrows to shatter. I also believe modern crossbows to have even greater force and velocity than compound bows... Is there a back story here? Are there any hunters here that can shed light on this?

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Calandra View Post
    You could spot him making his own bolts in 2x08 when Lori asks him to go after Rick and Glenn.

He seemed to be down to one or two industrially made ones some time in season 2, but now - season 3 - he has quite a few of them. I guess he raided them and attached them to the front of his bow (this is where he seems to keep the industrially made ones). If you look at his quiver, that one is full of wooden, self-made ones.
    Is that when he calls Lori "Olive Oil?" LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast