Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Him being all farm like wilderness boy, i'd presume that he makes them. I mean he is so skilled with hunting and tracking and stuff like that any person with a cross boy would know how to make there own. Not saying that its easy but it being pretty dump if they gave it to a person like Shane or Rick (city boy's) a bow and arrow cause they wouldn't be crafty enough to make there own bows. But Dayrl and Merle know how to do that kind of stuff cause they have lived in the woods.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I believe in season 2, when everyone was living in the house Daryl chose to set up camp way out on the outskirts of the farm away from everyone, and in one of the scenes it showed him making his own.

So it's probably a mix between going through stores and supply hunts, and him making his own.
    I agree with you. I remember that scene as well.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff McClelland View Post
    Anybody else wondering where Daryl's getting all the friggin' bolts for his crossbow? I mean sure, he can collect and re-use SOME of them but come on! Did they find a Dick's Sporting Goods store in a strip mall? Or maybe a Cabela's... WTF?
    They don't show every aspect of their lives. Like Showers, toilet tissue, the baby being changed or best yet Carol short hair. Sometimes I would like the details talked about. Still that is just a small gripe to what is the best show on tv.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    What I'd like to know is why he uses a crossbow for in the first place ? Yeah, it's okk for hunting maybe tracking a few walkers in the forest silent killing etc but like when they were clearing out the prison there was like 15 walkers when Tomas opened the door and he just used his crossbow same thing when he went to the daycare place he was just using his bow what would he do if he came across a bunch of walkers in a room and he didn't have time to reload ?

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I think he always has to use one foot and both hands to draw it back, it must have a LOT of force, seems like it would blow apart some type of homemade arrow. It takes a brief bit of time to reload (and takes more than one hand), it's not like pulling the bolt back and forth on many common rifles. In the scenes when he needs to fire more than one shot, (like when the camp was over run and the walkers in the barn) Daryl seems to come up with a shotgun. We see him take one shot, then go to his knife.
    I can't believe it does any crossbow much good to remain in a drawn position for any extended period of time, either.

However, I try not to let facts interfere with my story,

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    The crossbow works well for him and it is smart like most of us can see in the series, you can see that it is a CQB (close quarter battle) weapon where he shoots a bolt, then draws his knife. In the ZA is works, guns you have to clean much more frequently, and you are at the mercy of okay, you have a gun, you raid a store or a town, but what if you cannot find any additional guns, and the wrong caliber ammunition for your gun?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12