Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jpipp017 View Post
    It was kind and shows how he has grown. I just don't know that she deserved to be spared. Heartless, maybe, but in the end we all have to face the consequences of our actions.
    Oh I agree and Nana made a great point with that. He's grown so much. But she of all people shouldn't have gotten to go out with that peace. I know that sounds heartless, I do, but it's what you said.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Level
    I have mixed feelings about it... But I thought it was extremely kind of Daryl to swallow his grief like that. I don't know if it is me but there seemed to be something unspoken in Rick's "You did" when she said she tried. Maybe that seemed a little pathetic to me because we knew she had been unsuccessful.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    I have mixed feelings about it... But I thought it was extremely kind of Daryl to swallow his grief like that. I don't know if it is me but there seemed to be something unspoken in Rick's "You did" when she said she tried. Maybe that seemed a little pathetic to me because we knew she had been unsuccessful.
    Honestly, I took it as a "Yeah you did (and I won't say you failed miserably and it was so in vain, and you shouldn't have even tried)".

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Merle went out saving trying to help his brother. Darryl saying merle never did anything like that in his life hit home for me. It was like that eas enough for darryl. If merle had to die darryl can accept that was the way for him to do it. My perception at least. Either way im sure that those who loved andrea found that her final moments were great but its all hypocrisy. They lie to her to make her feel important and in cast interviews there still lying making her feel like she did something. Andrea tried in her head she had a vision. Thats all it was... It was what she wanted in her head. I see it no other way. I picked up on the merle thing also and i just figured why make her more upset before she dies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    I got more from darryl after andrea said you cant be alone and darryl said u never could. Look what happens to andrea merle ect. They all got screwed from being alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrean View Post
    For those who appreciated the character it was really nice to have.

Since I so didn't, honestly, I don't think it was fair. I don't think it's fair that Andrea got to say goodbye, and got to choose how she went out, and didn't have to turn. She didn't give that choice to Amy. T-Dog got to be eaten to death. Lori got to have her stomach ripped open on cold cement and then her child had to shoot her in the head. That's why I didn't like it, as though she should get to have all that closure when others didn't.

But again, for her fans, it was cool. Hope I didn't offend Jennaphur.
    So agreed. Not fair to have to the other characters especially tdogg who was mourned by carol only

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Level
    yeah, I thought that was another beautiful moment on Darl's part about being alone... The guy has learned a lot through this ZA.

Somethingstruck me with this whole switch in the ending.... MMb was at the Finale party in Newnan with the Walker Stalkers and she made a couple of references to the ending being different than she remembered. I think she was in Paris during the reshoot but I would have thought she'd have heard about the reshoot....but there was no reason for her to make that up, either. Just thought it was interesting....

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    There were so many great moments for Daryl in that scene, even though it was meant to be Andrea's swan song. I didn't catch it before because I was so shocked they were actually killing her off, but upon rewatching it I noticed it was a great moment in Daryl's development AND gave Michonne reason for revenge on the Governor (she really didn't have much reason to want him to suffer before). Daryl's line "They never could" stole the show. Three words summarized one of the themes of the entire season - community and family v being alone.* It said so much about what he has learned while being with the group, his understanding of Merle and Merle's death, and his sorrow over losing another member of his "family" (Andrea). The fact that he and Rick hid Merle's death from her maybe "unfair" but shows a depth of character in the two of them that the character of Andrea failed to achieve. The writers tried, but somehow they were unable to bring that depth out in her. That's probably why, in the end, the writers chose to end her arc.

I also love Daryl's reaction to the gun shot. All the characters stood still outside the door. But as soon as the shot went off, Daryl made the tinest of movements (turning his head to his hand) which said volumes, once again, about his grief.

Once again, I didn't notice all of this until I rewatched it this weekend, but after the rewatch I found this scene to be meaningful not for Andrea's goodbyes, but for what is showed about Michonne, Rick, and especially Daryl. It was also nice to have Tyreese "join the group" at that minute and you started to see how he was going to fit into the "upper level" of Team Prison's fighting team.

*The other line that shows one of the theme of the season was from the Governor: "In this world you kill or you die - or you die then you kill." (Forgive me if I misquoted a word here or there.)

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    It shows Rick an Daryl in a great light but like Ahrean has said it is not what Andrea deserved over T-Dogg, Merle etc.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by imogen13 View Post
    There were so many great moments for Daryl in that scene, even though it was meant to be Andrea's swan song. I didn't catch it before because I was so shocked they were actually killing her off, but upon rewatching it I noticed it was a great moment in Daryl's development AND gave Michonne reason for revenge on the Governor (she really didn't have much reason to want him to suffer before). Daryl's line "They never could" stole the show. Three words summarized one of the themes of the entire season - community and family v being alone.* It said so much about what he has learned while being with the group, his understanding of Merle and Merle's death, and his sorrow over losing another member of his "family" (Andrea). The fact that he and Rick hid Merle's death from her maybe "unfair" but shows a depth of character in the two of them that the character of Andrea failed to achieve. The writers tried, but somehow they were unable to bring that depth out in her. That's probably why, in the end, the writers chose to end her arc.

I also love Daryl's reaction to the gun shot. All the characters stood still outside the door. But as soon as the shot went off, Daryl made the tinest of movements (turning his head to his hand) which said volumes, once again, about his grief.

Once again, I didn't notice all of this until I rewatched it this weekend, but after the rewatch I found this scene to be meaningful not for Andrea's goodbyes, but for what is showed about Michonne, Rick, and especially Daryl. It was also nice to have Tyreese "join the group" at that minute and you started to see how he was going to fit into the "upper level" of Team Prison's fighting team.

*The other line that shows one of the theme of the season was from the Governor: "In this world you kill or you die - or you die then you kill." (Forgive me if I misquoted a word here or there.)

i agree with you on all of this. I had to watch the final gunshot scene several times because I had a sense that Daryl had a visible reaction but it was so slight I couldn't actually catch it.... So slight, and yet you knew it was there. I think that scene does summarize how to live ...and I took that even one step further that Daryl was relating it to life even before the ZA. I think we will see the ramifications of that scene next season..especially when it comes to Carl.

Whether or not it was fair to Andrea not to have the cold, hard, truths presented to her, maybe it was what the rest of the group needed. For them to be angry at her when they see her giving up her life as a ramification of her attempts would be pretty cold. I am not sure why the scene was rewritten but it goes down in my mind as one of the most powerful scenes from the episode...and it gives closure to the relationship with her. She may have not been with them the past 9 months but they still considered her family at that point and I like that they brought her body back with them. I assume the cross at the end is symbolic of her being buried with the others (as Merle..I think I saw a cross at the beginning?). I really came to appreciate those funeral scenes at the farm as moments of trying to hang onto a past life... And this does the same.

i know there are many who are so upset with this finale but I don't think there needs to be big action and big moments in a finale. I think the big moments in this one were the smaller, character driven scenes that you can go back and think about and rewatch and gain meaning from. That is, for me, what is so wonderful about this show.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked the finale as a whole, I really did. She just got better treatment than she should have in comparison to others in the main cast that died; meaning, she got the allowances in her death others didn't and that's bullshit to me.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Level
    [QUOTE=Ahrean;109249]I liked the finale as a whole, I really did. She just got better treatment than she should have in comparison to others in the main cast that died; meaning, she got the allowances in her death others didn't and that's bullshit to me. QUOTE]

Lori's death was awful and brutal but it did come back to be dealt with in a big way in terms of Rick and Carl's grief....part of Rick's whole insanity issue is the guilt he feels about her... If he had said goodbye to her or had closure in some way... The entire season would have been different. T Dog, I agree, wasn't dealt with well.

i know this isn't really addressing what you are saying.... That Andrea died surrounded by friends and had absolution for her actions...part of this, for me anyway, is I didn't hate the character.... And I was more saddened by the fact they killed off someone who I liked at the end of season 2 and whose character they let go down the drain. It just didn't bother me like it did others.... But I see why it did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast