Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Level
    That's already your mailing address. Yes, I went there. Come at me!

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Doubt it. Everything is in the air and since she took her first breath she was exposed to it all.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by william_1995 View Post
    Ok here me out here because it does sound quite stupid at first but think about it.
    if everybody 'carries the virus' obviously they are all infected but they were alive when the virus struck but Judith wasn't yet conceived when the virus struck, now if my science is correct when the baby is inside the womb it protects the baby from pre natal diseases and infections.
    so is it possible that Judith could of developed some type of immunity while lori was pregnant with her, as she had the virus inside her.

To me it could be possible that she developed some kind of immunity while inside the womb.
    Flawed biology aside, I feel this is unlikely simply because a storyline with someone being immune to the walker disease would, in effect, have to deal with causation and cures, something that has no place in The Walking Dead universe, i.e., it's never been discussed in the comic, and Kirkman has said that's not what his story is about or plans to deal with.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I do think that little Judith could have immunity to the virus and perhaps be the solution to the epidemic..

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I thought of this recently and was wondering the same thing. Like the nurse said above, there's always somebody immune to any single virus or bacteria. Given that the world of the walking dead is a near extinction event, you will end up with a genetic bottle neck, and genes that aid in survival will become more prevalent if the species were to continue in such a world. This happened with the black death; the first outbreak was the worst and subsequent outbreaks were less devastating because there were immunity genes being passed down. In fact, researchers have found a correlation between immunity to yersinia pestis (the plague) and HIV; i.e. the same gene creates immunity or extreme resistance to the pathogen. In TWD, even being pregnant becomes extremely dangerous, since any miscarriage could mean death for the mother when the infant walker tears her apart from the inside. There would be a strong natural selection for people to breed who are immune to the virus. So based on both these factors and due to that genetic bottleneck, after a generation or two, you would likely start to have a lot of people that would be born immune to the virus, assuming there are any people left.

As far as Judith being immune, probably not unless Lori had developed anitbodies that she passed onto Judith, which, again, the nurse above points out would probably need to be passed on via breast milk, which Judith didn't get at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12