Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level

Season 3- What would be your version of it?

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I LOVED Season 3 alot. Lots of action, and a story of a battle between Rick and the Governor which I thought was AMAZING!!!!! However, whether you liked this season or not, I'm sure all of us wished they could have done some things differently in each episode. I would have preferred Season 3 played out like in this article, only differing on the points below:

1. Seed- Only differences between myself and the author are that we see a little bit more of Andrea and Michonne and slightly more development to T-Dog.

2. Sick- This episode stays the same with the exception of Big Tiny not getting scratched by a walker and thus Rick, Daryl and T-Dog fight with the inmates until Tomas tries to kill Rick in the laundry room.

3. "Walk With Me" through "Say the Word" I totally agree with the author.

4. Hounded- same as author, except for me Oscar gets FAR more character development in this one.

5. "When the Dead Come Knocking" through "I Aint a Judas" - same as the author.

6. Clear- Unlike the author I wouldn't change a thing about this episode, as it's the best of the season.

7. Arrow on the Doorpost- One of the things I would change about this episode is the Governor still meets with Rick while he has Shumpert take some men to go launch another mini assault on the prison. Also I would have the meeting between Rick and the Governor be a little bit shorter. More walkers attack Daryl, Martinez and Andrea (about a dozen or two dozen attack them). Beth is given A LOT more character development and she actually kills some of the Governor's men as they do their mini-assault on the prison.

8. "Prey" - same as the author.

9. This Sorrowful Life- I would change mainly beginning of this episode. I would have Rick going through the pros and cons of giving up Michonne to the Governor. Hershel would ask where he was suppose to meet the Governor and Rick mentions the farmhouse where he met him and he is struggling with whether or not he should give up Michonne (STRUGGLING not considering it). Merle overhears all of this conversation and the rest of the episode remains the same with the exception being Michonne is one of the most useful members of the group by this time.

10. Welcome to the Tombs- This is where I differ most. I would have made the the firefight between Woodbury and the Prison much longer.

Rick, Daryl and Michonne leave for Woodbury and find Karen on the road. She explains what happened. They reach Woodbury, Karen tells Tyreese and Sasha what happened and they find Andrea bitten by Milton, that plot remains the same except that those scenes only bookend the episode. No pliers or staring contests. Rick leads Woodbury back to the prison and it ends with a shot of the group, now some 40 people standing over the graves of Lori, T-Dog, Big Tiny, Oscar, Merle, and Andrea.

That's my version of Season 3. I enjoyed this season more than I did the previous two. However, I would have liked it better like this (and I'm sure some of you guys would like much better this way as well). So how would you guys revise Season 3? What you have added in or taken out each of these individual 16 episodes?
    Last edited by King Grimes; July 5th, 2013 at 02:42 AM. Reason: edited for proper credit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Level
    The majority of your ideas are spot on!!

I'd keep both Oscar and Axel alive though. I'd still have Big Tiny die in Killer Within, but T-Dog would take Oscar's place and get shot and die in the assault. They needed at least one major casualty and T-Dog would've been perfect. Having him get kidnapped along with Daryl kind of takes away, IMO, from the affect of Daryl and Merle's reunion; plus, they'd probably want to save the katana moment for Tyreese in Season 4 since he exists in the show now.

Karen also should've been introduced a lot earlier into the season and or given more screentime (seeing as how she'd ultimately play a bigger role down the road). Have her take a more active role in the Woodbury subplot. Develop the relationship between her and Andrea, between her and The Governor (gradually show her becoming disillusioned by him like Andrea).

And of course........I'd make Andrea an actually consistent character throughout the season.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrion93 View Post
    The majority of your ideas are spot on!!

I'd keep both Oscar and Axel alive though. I'd still have Big Tiny die in Killer Within, but T-Dog would take Oscar's place and get shot and die in the assault. They needed at least one major casualty and T-Dog would've been perfect (having him get kidnapped along with Daryl kind of takes away, IMO, from the affect of Daryl and Merle's reunion; plus, they'd probably want to save the katana moment for Tyreese in Season 4 since he'd be existing in the show now)
    Thanks for saying most of my ideas were spot on. I had something better for T-Dog: Have him get Tyreese'd in Season 4 (have the Governor chop off his head with Michonne's katana).

Or if we went with your idea, have Oscar get his head decapitated in Tyreese's place in Season 4 (assuming that we see anything remotely similar to that in Season 4).

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ2010Grad View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I LOVED Season 3 alot. Lots of action, and a story of a battle between Rick and the Governor which I thought was AMAZING!!!!! However, whether you liked this season or not, I'm sure all of us wished they could have done some things differently in each episode. Here is my version of what happens in Season 3:

1. Seed- This episode basically stays the same. Only differences is that we see a little bit more of Andrea and Michonne and slightly more development to T-Dog.

2. Sick- This episode stays the same with the exception of Big Tiny not getting scratched by a walker and thus Rick, Daryl and T-Dog fight with the inmates until Tomas tries to kill Rick in the laundry room.

3. Walk With Me- The entirety of the Woodbury plot remains the same with a few tweaks to the Andrea/Phillip romance. Primarily, it just needed better writing and fewer clichés.

4. Killer Within- The group is attacked by the horde of walkers let loose by Andrew during the scene where Oscar, Axel, Big Tiny try to get Rick to accept them into the group. The group fights through them in similar fashion to the original episode. Big Tiny heroically runs to close the gate and is bitten. He dies saving Carol. T-Dog, Rick, Glenn, Axel, and Daryl move through the tombs. T-Dog and Glenn go a separate Way. Oscar kills Andrew and earns his place in the group.

Say the Word- Episode is unchanged except the Maggie’s role and dialogue is transferred to T-Dog, who is pleased Axel is now part of the group. More scenes show Oscar and Axel interacting with the new group. They help Glenn dig graves for Lori, missing Carol, and Big Tiny.

6. Hounded- The episode is the same with the exception being that Oscar gets FAR more character development. Andrea and the Governor actually have a well written romance, however.

7. When the Dead Come Knocking- The episode is unchanged except for the removal of Merle’s dialogue about T-Dog.

8. Made to Suffer- Tyreese and his group are introduced like in the episode we saw. Michonne leads Rick, Daryl, Oscar, and T-Dog to Woodbury and Oscar is shot in the escape with Glenn and Maggie in tow. (He comments about it hurting much more last time). Daryl and T-Dog are captured along with Merle and the cliffhanger remains the same with the exception of the terrible extras. Good extras take their place in this episode and the next.

9. Suicide King- Rick and Maggie go back for T-Dog and Daryl and manage to escape with Daryl and Merle. Maggie says they must look for T-Dog too, but the Governor’s men are closing in. Daryl says that T-Dog wouldn’t want them to lose anyone else going for him, saying how good a man T-Dog was. Otherwise, the episode remains the same.

10.Episode 10: Home
    The episode stays the same until the final scene. The Governor arrives at the prison gates and gives the group the chance to surrender. Rick, only seeing Shumpert and Martinez with the Governor. T-Dog is brought out and selflessly yells to Rick to never surrender before he is killed by the Governor with Michonne’s sword, which she lost in the firefight during Made to Suffer. The group manages to survive the attack with no more casualties. The final scene shows them burying T-Dog and Michonne retrieving her sword, which the Governor dropped before his retreat.

11. I Ain't A Judas- The episode is a major slowdown from the pace of the previous episodes. It focuses a lot on the group making a life at the prison. Hershel begins to plant crops Andrea still shows up, but that part of the episode is shortened and everything else stays the same.

12. Clear- Nothing needs to be changed in this episode as it was the best episode of the season.

13. Arrow on the Doorpost- One of the things I would change about this episode is the Governor still meets with Rick while he has Shumpert take some men to go launch another mini assault on the prison. Also I would have the meeting between Rick and the Governor be a little bit shorter. More walkers attack Daryl, Martinez and Andrea (about a dozen or two dozen attack them). Beth is given A LOT more character development and she actually kills some of the Governor's men as they do their mini-assault on the prison.

14. Prey- This episode would remain the same except it would focus more on Andrea’s escape and the prison group making a life there, a concept ignored in the actual show which is introduced in episode 11 of this fictional version. Andrea’s escape is trimmed down, is not as cliche and she is tortured at the end.

15. This Sorrowful Life- I would change mainly beginning of this episode. I would have Rick going through the pros and cons of giving up Michonne to the Governor. Hershel would ask where he was suppose to meet the Governor and Rick mentions the farmhouse where he met him and he is struggling with whether or not he should give up Michonne (STRUGGLING not considering it). Merle overhears all of this conversation and the rest of the episode remains the same with the exception being Michonne is one of the most useful members of the group by this time.

16. Welcome to the Tombs-
    The Governor leads his army towards the prison, but on the road, Shumpert and Martinez attempt to thwart his plans by talking him down, but they fail. The firefight between Woodbury and the Prison is much longer. The Governor still Massacres his army with only Karen surviving, she tragically watched Noah die from inside the truck. Shumpert and Martinez still obey the Governor when he tells them to get in the truck. They drive away. Rick, Daryl and Michonne leave for Woodbury and find Karen on the road. She explains what happened. They reach Woodbury, Karen tells Tyreese and Sasha what happened and they find Andrea bitten by Milton, that plot remains the same except that those scenes only bookend the episode. No pliers or staring contests. Rick leads Woodbury back to the prison and it ends with a shot of the group, now some 40 people standing over the graves of Lori, T-Dog, Big Tiny, Oscar, Merle, and Andrea.

That's my version of Season 3. I enjoyed this season more than I did the previous two. However, I would have liked it better like this (and I'm sure some of you guys would like much better this way as well). So how would you guys revise Season 3? What you have added in or taken out each of these invidual 16 episodes?
    I've read this before...I hope that you're the same person and this not just plagiarism.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm not too bothered with T-Dog dying that early. To me he wasn't that much of an interesting character and they had to make room when so many new faces appeared. In my opinion the content of the season wasn't the big problem - it was the pacing. So I guess I wouldn't change THAT much, except maybe a whole lot in the season finale. But one thing I would've liked to see was the Axel serial killer plot. How he was going to abduct one of the survivors and take him/her into the woods. To me that sound much more interesting than what we got from Axel.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Level
    I would have definitely kept Oscar and Axel alive longer by having T-dog take Oscars bullet acting as a rear guard for everyone in the Woodbury assault and Big Tiny take Axel's bullet. We need Oscar and Axel now, maybe they could have died later but both those actors did a good job and seeing "good" prisoners in the group would have been great.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I would have Rick shoot the Governor in the god damn face while they were sitting around drinking whiskey instead of cry like a bitch about the governor bringing up lori.

I also would have had Rick not go from cold to compassionate and vice verca like a damn knob on a cooker.

I would not have killed Merle. Shit I'd have killed off Daryl before Merle, maybe used that to make him more human.

Killing off Oscar Axel so soon was a mistake, although Oscar's death did go to show that Rick's spat of the crazies did have very real consequences so I might have kept that.

I also wouldn't have the whole prison group conveniently forget about how disgusted they were about the woodburians having daryl and merle fight to the death for entertainment. See how that fact effects Rick's decisions to bring them on or not.

I would have had the "assault" on the prison actually have been more of a battle than a bunch of people driving into the prison like they something special, and then getting shot in the ass as they ran away scared

Also, I would not have had Rick end the dictatorship, him being made to relinquish complete control later on could be great drama.

I actually would have changed a whole lot more but I really can't be bothered.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AlVan View Post
    I've read this before...I hope that you're the same person and this not just plagiarism.
    It has some of the same ideas from the previous, however that doesn't make it a plagiarism. It has some different ideas.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked Season 3 a lot too. I've actually liked most of the decision that they made. The biggest changes that I would make would be to the Andrea story line and to Axel's death.

1. Seed- I have no particular problems with this episode. I would've ended up adding another character to show up with the prisoners at the end. I feel that the show ran out of redshirts too early and I would've liked having one more character with the prisoners to get killed. Maybe a prison guard could've been trapped in the cafeteria. Preferably a female prison guard in order to add another strong lady to the cast. And, having this law-abiding lady among the group would make the dilemma of whether to let these people stay even tougher.

2. Sick- Aside from the addition of this new character, the episode would remain the same.

3. Walk With Me- I would've removed any hints whatsoever of a potential Governor/Andrea relationship. That relationship was the single biggest flaw of this season. I had already hated Andrea back in season 2, but seeing her hook up with another psychopath did not help her case with me. Maybe Milton could've been her love interest. Milton's nice and sane. A pretty unconventional relationship, but at least it's better than the alternative. It'd save Andrea's reputation. Besides, the Governor is more interesting as an authority figure rather than as a love interest. Having him stay distant from Andrea would make Philip more
    aloof.

4. Killer Within- This episode would mostly be the same. I would've removed the Andrea/Governor scene in order to keep his name unknown and continue on my mission to keep them platonic. I kind of regret that T-Dog died without a confrontation with Merle, but I don't think that this confrontation would've fit with Merle's redemption arc. In retrospect, it's best to have T-Dog die a nice, heroic death here.

5. Say the Word- No changes outside of my continued refusal to include any romantic subtext whatsoever in the Andrea/Governor scenes

6. Hounded- Instead of hooking up with the Governor, Andrea gets together with dorky little Milton.

7. When the Dead Come Knocking- Since the group has an actual, trained prison guard with them in my hypothetical season 3, she would probably be taken on the rescue mission over Oscar. Otherwise, the episode would be relatively unchanged

8. Made to Suffer- Well, obviously this guard would be the one to die instead of Oscar since she's the one who actually came along. I would also have Andrea react more negatively to the Governor's giant wall of decapitated heads. That's really the point where she should've realized that she had hitched her wagon to the wrong horse.

9. Suicide King- Andrea is left with no sympathy whatsoever for the Governor. She doesn't make any awkward speeches about Woodbury. The only reason why she wouldn't be on her way out with the rest of those panicked citizens would because she's trying to convince Milton to leave as well, only for him to be too loyal to Philip to actually go through with it.

10. Home- The major deviation is that Oscar would be shot instead of Axel. I feel that at least one prisoner should've survived the season, but someone did have to die in order to make the Governor seem competent. So, I would want one more redshirt to die and keep Axel alive a bit longer. Axel would be around for the rest of the season, working hard to prove himself and earn his place.

11. I Ain't A Judas- The first forty to fifty minutes would still be the same. However, I would change the climax by having Andrea return to Woodbury with the intention of killing the Governor. She would try to kill him and ultimately get subdued and taken captive. Milton would be left oblivious to Andrea's return and be told by Philip that she's stayed with the Prison. The episode would end with Andrea in the torture chair.

12. Clear- This episode would stay the same, word-for-word. Nothing needs to be changed here.

13. Arrow on the Doorpost- The original Rick/Governor conversation was a bit dull. Maybe the episode would've been spiced up if Philip were to mention that he's holding Andrea in a torture chair. It'd give Rick a reason not to shoot the bastard in the face, since one of his own is being held captive, and would provide the Michonne ultimatum some weight by adding Andrea's life into the deal. After all, if Rick doesn't make the trade, he'd be putting his entire group in jeopardy and pretty much sacrificing Andrea's life.

14. Prey- Since Andrea is a hostage, I guess that I would focus the Woodbury storyline on Tyreese and his group. He and his friends were in woeful need of some characterization, so this would be a chance to give them some character development. The episode would focus on their new life in Woodbury, with Tyreese and Sasha slowly growing suspicious of the Governor's intentions. Milton would get a minor subplot about

15. This Sorrowful Life- This is probably my favourite episode. I wouldn't have touched it.

16. Welcome to the Tombs- I have quite a few changes for this one. First of all, I would've probably opened a scene of Daryl leaving Merle's body, giving a small eulogy. Secondly, I wouldn't have had Milton drop the tools. I would've had Andrea manage to knock the table with the tools over herself after the Governor had left, just to give her a chance to look somewhat competent. Thirdly, the pliers would've fallen a bit further away in order to make Andrea's struggle to reach them more credible. Fourth, she would've spent every moment of her scenes struggling to get those pliers, instead of stopping to chat up the dying man. Fifth of all, I would have made the Governor's failed assault more violent. We actually would get to see booby-traps killing his men, Walkers feasting on his soldiers, and Rick's group killing a few. That way, we could've made the Woodburian's retreat look less pathetic. Next, I would've had Karen's son Noah among the soldiers that the Governor slaughter and probably given him and Karen one scene before the battle in order to remind us of who these two are. It would've made the scene more dramatic and made the Governor look even nastier by slaughtering a child soldier that he himself recruited. Lastly, I would've included one scene of the Governor, Martinez, and Shump on the road, to see what the Governor plans on doing until next season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christ2010Grad View Post

13. Arrow on the Doorpost- One of the things I would change about this episode is the Governor still meets with Rick while he has Shumpert take some men to go launch another mini assault on the prison. Also I would have the meeting between Rick and the Governor be a little bit shorter. More walkers attack Daryl, Martinez and Andrea (about a dozen or two dozen attack them). Beth is given A LOT more character development and she actually kills some of the Governor's men as they do their mini-assault on the prison.
    I would like to point out that this would kind of ruin the whole "Should-We-Take-The-Governor's-Deal" subplot. Because, if the Governor actually tried to attack the prison during their peace talks, I think that any deals would be off the table. The Governor can't offer peace while his men are literally trying to slaughter everybody that Rick cares about. It'd just be poor negotiating on his part.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    all was well until the final episode. god was that awful. in the finale i would have the governor die, the prison gets overrun, beth and judith get kidnapped by a group of hunters, andrea escapes woodbury alive, ricks group gets saved by morgen. would make for a hell of an episode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast