Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    There is so much that I would like to change, but I will give you the condensed version.
    Andrea is not involved with the Governor romantically, she is in love with Milton who is more of a practical science geek who is mostly involved with restoring essential utilitiies, electricity, water, food supplies. He is driven to create a viable community in Woodbury and not close to the Governor. Andrea wants to create a Woodbury that is strong militarily(to fend off walkers and raiders)and rational in its dealings. They are in conflict with the Governor because he is bat shit crazy and they are not. Milton sacrifices himself so that Andrea can return to the prison and help them fight off the Governor. Andrea returns to the prison in time to fight off the Governor with the prison crew.
    The Governor is killed along with most of his henchmen. Woodbury is still there but under new management. Time will tell if they will pick another Governor or a Milton to lead them.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Level
    You know I've been rewatching 3 and you know it actually tells a good story with more character moments than we give it credit for and unlike season 2 you can sit and watch it on a rainy day and it doesn't feel like pulling teeth.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rtr2010 View Post
    You know I've been rewatching 3 and you know it actually tells a good story with more character moments than we give it credit for and unlike season 2 you can sit and watch it on a rainy day and it doesn't feel like pulling teeth.
    I've liked all three seasons and yes i think it told a good story..

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    I would change quite a bit about season 3 because the prison/Woodbury arc was such a long arc in the comic and is over 1/3 of the existing storyline. It would have been very easy to spread that arc out over 2 or 3 seasons. With that in mind, I would have had season 3 focus more on the prison with the group settling in there and making it a home they actually had reason to want to stay in and defend. Show the group on the road for the first two episodes with them finding the prison at the end of the second. The prisoners would be kept alive much longer to utilize them in the story - Tomas in particular would have been a great source of conflict that could have extended through several episodes. I would also have kept the things from the comic that made the prison a place the group felt was beneficial - the stockpiles of weapons and medical supplies would actually be there. Naturally, they would still need to get other supplies and scavenge for food at times - particularly once the baby was born. Leaving the prison to make such runs is a good way to change the scenery and the action.

For Andrea and Michonne - I would change Andrea being sick. Start the season with her being well and focus on establishing/developing her friendship with Michonne. Give the viewers a chance to see how Michonne behaved with someone she trusted and develop her character. Show how they worked together and how they got along with each other. I'd keep them on the road for most of the season and use them to provide contrast with them being in constant danger while the group seems to have found a safe haven at the prison. Have Andrea start getting sick around mid-season and grow steadily worse. I'd have them taken to Woodbury in the back half of season 3 and use Andrea's illness as a plausible reason for her to have to stay there. Again, providing contrast with conflicts happening at the prison while Michonne and Andrea appear to have found a safe haven. Have her be unconscious and have to stay in the hospital for a while. Make everything seem very normal until the last few episodes - then reveal the governor's darker side with him murdering the soldiers to steal their supplies, showing the walker head trophy collection, Penny, etc... Have Michonne be forced to escape Woodbury after she realizes the governor is not what he appears to be without Andrea - because she's still in the hospital. Definitely keep Merle and have him visit Andrea as she recovers to ask about Daryl and play on her sympathies. Andrea would never know that Michonne had even been in Woodbury - she would be told that she was found alone and unconscious - leaving her to wonder what happened to Michonne without having any reason to suspect the governor was involved. I would also have Andrea actually interact with people from Woodbury and start making friends as she recovers and is able to leave the hospital - after Michonne is gone of course.

I think the serial killer arc at the prison and the governor sending Merle and other goons after Michonne would have been a good climax for season 3 - keep the two arcs separated until the very end with Merle kidnapping Glen and Maggie while Michonne witnesses that and showing up at the prison just after they've dealt with the serial killer. The rescue mission and Daryl's capture would be the finale. Good cliffhanger ending to carry this plot arc over to season 4 with the conflict with the focus there being on the conflict with the governor.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Zombie Hoarder AllLifeIsPrecious's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Seed - Hershel wouldn't have been bitten

Sick - Andrew would have been killed by Rick after Tomas' death

Walk With Me - No changes, except some screen time for Martinez and Shumpert

Killer Within - The whole walker attack wouldn't have happened, Lori and T-Dog would have lived and the baby would have came out okay. Axel and Oscar would have proved their worth some other way

Say The Word - A backstory on T-Dog, because why not? Also, Andrea agrees to leave Woodbury with Michonne.

Hounded - Merle would have seen Glenn and Maggie, but he wouldn't have kidnapped and Daryl would have came out and reunited with Merle. Every scene with Merle chasing Michonne (and Andrea) would not have happened, Crowley, Tim, and Gargulio are still alive.

When the Dead Come Knocking - The Governor goes out on a run and finds the Prison. Being the evil person he is, he plans an attack since the Prison looks secure enough.

Made To Suffer - Beth, Axel, Shumpert, Crowley, and Tim are killed in this episode, fight takes place. The Woodbury Attackers consist of The Governor, Martinez, Shumpert, Tim, Crowley, and a few unnamed soldiers. The Governor and co retreat as Rick declares war on Woodbury.

The Suicide King - Rick tracks down Woodbury with Daryl, Oscar, and Michonne. Michonne and Andrea find the Prison and join the group. Merle forgives T-Dog for dropping the key in Atlanta, and the two bond over the Bible, similar to Merle and Hershel's bonding. The group buries and mourns Beth and Axel.

Home - Rick attacks Woodbury with Daryl, Oscar, and Michonne. Oscar is killed by Martinez, and Michonne still kills Penny and stabs The Governor's eye out. Tyreese and his group find the prison. Allen and Ben are not assholes. Donna is still bitten and dies.

I Ain't a Judas - Rick, Daryl, and Michonne return to the Prison and start reinforcing. Daryl and Carol bond even more. Back in Woodbury, Milton starts to see the bad side of The Governor, but wants to try and make peace between him and the Prison group, so he heads for the Prison. Andrea becomes a badass like she is in the comics. Rick, at first, declines Milton's offer to make peace with The Governor, but Hershel convinces him to, despite Beth being killed by The Governor's men. Tyreese and his group are accepted into the Prison.

Clear - Morgan agrees to come back with Rick to the Prison, otherwise there are no changes.

Arrow on the Doorpost - Rick, Daryl, Milton, and Hershel head to Woodbury for the meeting. The Governor still wants Michonne. Martinez is convinced by Daryl that The Governor is a very bad man. Milton stays back in Woodbury once the meeting ends and is lied to about the deal. The same speech by Rick is given at the end of the episode.

Prey - Martinez tries to escape Woodbury, but is ran over by The Governor in his truck without hesitation. Milton attempts to kill The Governor after seeing what the deal is, but is caught and put in the chair meant for Michonne and tortured. Rick discusses the deal with Michonne to Daryl, Hershel, and Merle.

This Sorrowful Life - Almost everything is the same, apart from Merle surviving his own attack on Woodbury. Andrea spots Michonne by the gates with a sniper, as well as Merle and Daryl later. Rick gives the same speech to the group. Daryl does not put down walker Merle.

Welcome to the Tombs - Lots of changes. Milton is killed brutally by The Governor and left to turn, and attacks the prison for a final time. He captures and threatens to kill Daryl. Daryl pleads with Rick to not give up the prison, which Rick agrees. The Governor kills Daryl, and the fences come down. Lori and Judith are shot and killed. Ben is shot and Allen pleads with The Governor to just kill him, similar to comic Hershel's death. The group is separated into groups: T-Dog & Merle & Andrea, Rick and Carl, Carol & Glenn & Maggie & Tyreese, Hershel and Sasha, and Michonne. The same showdown with Rick and The Governor happens, ending with Michonne killing The Governor and Rick being very injured. Walkers devour The Governor and more surround the remaining members of Woodbury. The episode ends with Rick and Carl walking away from the prison, in tears, and Rick tells Carl to not look back and keep walking.
    Last edited by AllLifeIsPrecious; October 1st, 2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Spacing, added extra stuff

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    In the middle of a Jessie and Aaron sandwich.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Although I did not like the third season apart from like the first four episodes, I don't think I would have changed much. I do like your ideas though, especially #7.

-I would have had Andrea survive the season, of course.
    -I probably would have kept Axel and Oscar around as well. Maybe kill them off in Too Far Gone.
    -Developed certain characters a bit more such as: Allen's family, the prisoners, Beth, Carol.
    -When the Governor first attacks the prison, I would have shown Beth, Carol and Carl taking out some of the random Governor redshirts although I don't think there were that many.

I read somewhere that Andrea was originally meant to survive the season and become the new leader of Woodbury. I would have been cool with that. I'm not sure if that was Mazarra or Gimple's idea, but Gimple... ever since he had taken over, the show had been gradually moving in the same direction as the comics, so I'm wondering if this would have lead to Andrea showing up in the middle of the battle between the Gov's army and the prison group just as she had in the comics.

Like maybe we wouldn't have actually seen Andrea during the first few episodes of Season 4. We would learn about her leading Woodbury through a conversation between some people at the prison. Rick could have still been accepting new members into the prison (like Bob Stookey), so the prison arc wouldn't have been completely different. Then, maybe some people from the prison stop off at Woodbury during a run (maybe when they were in need of antibiotics for the flu arc) only to find that it had been completely destroyed. Bodies and walkers everywhere. How Philip would have pulled this off, I have no idea. Suspension of belief, lmao. At this point, Andrea would have been presumed dead/missing. Governor arrives at the prison with his new army, decapitates Hershel, "Kill them all!" Then, Andrea comes crashing in with her own mini-army consisting of several other people that had survived Philip's attack on Woodbury such as Tyreese, Sasha and Karen. Not really sure how Andrea's group would have fit in with the story lines that followed the fall of the prison, but I don't really feel like thinking about that since this is supposed to be what I'd change about the third season, lmao.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    I would have taken the prison introduction slower. I would have explored more carefully who the survivors have become while out on the road, and what the prospect of the prison means to them. Andrea and Michonne would have eventually found their way to the prison as well, rather than Woodbury. The prisoners would have not been so openly hostile and irrational. Both sides would have tried to make it work before being at each other's throats. Eventually, they would have been killed off after an uprising, with the exceptions of Oscar and Axel.

After a decent amount of time at the prison, and making it more livable, Glenn and Rick would spot the military helicopter. They'd head out after it with Michonne, and eventually find their way to Woodbury where Merle is. The three of them are taken as prisoners, with Glenn getting his hand chopped off by the Governor while Merle holds him down. Later, Rick is beaten, Michonne is raped, and Glenn is left alone. Alice and Dr. Stevens would be like their comic characters, and help Glenn spring Rick and Michonne, where they escape with the additional aid of Merle, wanting to reunite with his brother. Michonne stays behind though to brutally torture the Governor, including taking his eye with a spoon, slicing off his arm, and cutting off his dick, among other things.

They return to the prison to find it being overrun by a herd, with a devoured walker T-Dogg grasping at them as they run in. Eventually, the prison is cleared out, and Lori goes into labor soon after. Dr. Stevens and Alice help deliver the baby, and Lori survives. Soon after the birth, it is realized that Merle is missing. Rick realizes that he is headed back to Woodbury, and he heads out with a vehicle to stop him. Rick runs him over in an open field and they argue about the prison and Woodbury as Merle dies from his wounds. Rick returns to the prison, tells the group of the Governor and Woodbury, but that is the general ending of the season.

This is just off the top of my head, and I would probably tweak things a bit and shuffle stuff if I were to go into more detail, but this is the general idea that I had in my mind. Follows the comics much more closely, but still changes a couple of things.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    At the very beginning I would of changed how they found the prison. I would of tied in the helicopter crashing as a way for Daryl and Rick to go check it out, thus them discovering the prison that way.

I would save T Dog and just have Lori die in episode 4.

Everything the same except Oscar doesn't die in episode 8. T Dog goes in his place thus them having a more effective assault against Woodbury.

T Dog and Merle confrontation. Daryl sides with merle and leaves.

T Dog gets Axels death at the prison while talking to carol about Daryl and Merle.

Everything the same until arrow on the doorpost where Oscar goes with Rick, Daryl and Hershel (building up his character more).

Episode 15 I would change drastically but I honestly don't know how. I would spare merle and keep him alive. I guess I would have him follow through with everything but gets wounded at the governor's site but ends up escaping. I would also have Milton survive and probably end up finding Merle and the two head back to the prison. Also would have the episode end with The Governor and everyone at Woodbury leaving to the prison.

Episode 16 everything happens except Andrea is killed by the governor. They find her as a walker tied up and Michonne puts her down.

So basically by doing this I kept 4 people alive: Merle, Axel, Oscar and Milton. I would also exclude Tyreese and Sasha. I would much rather have Merle, Axel, Oscar and Milton than Tyreese, Sasha and Dumb and Dumber (Allen & Ben).

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    This would be going along with my rewrite of seasons 1 and 2 I posted on the season 2 sub thread. In case you don't wanna read all that, my season 2 ended with Glenn having stayed behind at Hershel's farm with Maggie, Hershel, Billy and Patricia. Rick's group consists of himself, Lori, Carl, Tyreese, Andrea, Dale, Daryl, Carol, T-Dog, Allen, Lizzie, Mika, Jim, Sasha, Julie and Chris.

Small time jump of a few weeks or so between seasons. The group finds the prison pretty quick like in the actual show. They clear out the courtyards and the cell block. Pretty much everywhere but Cell Block A, the back courtyard/basketball court and the gym. There is no gaping hole in the back of the prison as Tyreese is already with the group so he doesn't need to sneak in. The cafeteria is occupied by: Axel, Oscar, Dexter, Thomas Richards and Andrew. No one is bitten in the initial clearing (I'm saving that for later). Everyone gets settled and Rick decides to go back for Glenn and the Greene's. He brings Andrea with him to go pick them up using the RV. This is where the farm is overrun like in Besides the Dying Fire. Apparently Dave and Nate (the guy who drove away in the truck and abandoned Randall after the bar shootout) have been terrorizing the farm for weeks and have now set the barn on fire which has attracted a herd, which was already following the helicopter. Patricia is taken down by the zombies in the process but everyone else makes it out ok. Rick almost gets swarmed but is saved by Michonne. They all cram in the RV and peel out. Rick reluctantly allows Michonne to join them at the prison. Julie and Chris do their suicide pact with Chris shooting too early and killing Julie. Tyreese strangles Chris to death with Rick witnessing it and doing nothing to stop him. Tyreese seems oddly calm the next day worrying Rick. Rick and Daryl go on a run to get a crib for Lori's baby and Tyreese and Glenn decide to clear out the gym. Tyreese charges in and is seemingly dead but when Glenn goes back for him all the zombies are dead and Tyreese doesn't have a scratch on him. Everything starts to calm down until Tyreese discovers Sasha's decapitated head. He goes on an absolute rampage looking for the culprit and wants to kill Dexter as he is seen as the most likely culprit. Rick locks Dexter up for his own safety. Turns out the killer is Thomas Richards who tries to kill Andrea and slashes her face. Rick let's Dexter out and locks up Thomas instead. Tyreese guns Thomas down. Tensions are high between Rick and Tyreese. Dexter and Andrew get guns from A block and attempt to throw Team Family out. MSF cliffhanger
    Mid Season Break.
    When we return zombies have poured out of A block and are invading the courtyard. Temporary truce to kill the zombies. Rick purposefully shoots Dexter in the head in the confusion. Tyreese witness's this. After all the zombies have been cleared from the courtyard, Andrew sees he's screwed and tries to run. Rick chases after him and locks him in the back courtyard/basketball court that hasn't been cleared yet.
    Axel and Oscar are about to be kicked out of the prison when the prison alarms start going off and zombies are let into the prison presumably from the back courtyard. Jim is bitten in the shoulder and sacrifices himself to the zombies to save Carol. Lori goes into labor and dies in childbirth like in the show. Oscar and Axel show Rick and Daryl to the room where they shut off the alarms. They are shut off when Andrew attacks. Daryl blows Andrew's brains out and they go to clear out the rest of the zombies. After learning of Lori's death, Rick has his breakdown and hears Lori on the phone etc. Dale manages to calm him down after a while.
    Once everything settles down,
    Tyreese puts a gun on Axel and Oscar and is telling the others they should just kill the rest of the prisoners. Rick stops him and they start yelling at each other about all the horrible shit they've seen each other do and they eventually start fighting. Tyreese seems to be winning when Carol tries to break it up and Tyreese strikes her. Tyreese looks on in shock at what he's done and starts to profusely apologize to Carol. Rick gets up and beats Tyreese to a pulp. Rick passes out from exhaustion and falls over the railing of the 2nd story of cells. Tyreese jumps down after him and carries him to the infirmary. Hershel deals with both of their wounds. Rick's broken some ribs and will be out of the picture for a while. After Tyreese is ok he apologizes to the group for his actions and moves his stuff to a different cell block until he thinks people are ready to forgive him. Daryl takes charge and decides to clear cell block A. Glenn, Axel and Hershel come with him. They find generators. Hershel is bitten by a zombie in the ankle. Daryl quickly cuts off Hershel's lower leg. It's touch and go but Hershel survives. Rick is still knocked out in all of this. Later on, Glenn and Daryl spot the helicopter. Michonne and Tyreese go to. Dale offers to drive them in the RV so they can bring back anybody from the crash. He's worried about Tyreese so he goes to keep an eye on him. Andrea is left in charge. The RV gets stuck in mud so they have to continue on foot. They find no survivors besides the pilot at the crash. They weren't the only ones attracted to the crash. Dave and Nate are back with some friends.
    In the ensuing shoot out, Michonne manages to decapitate the other two attackers. Dave shoots Glenn in the ass cheek, Dale shoots Dave in the gut. Nate gets his throat slit by Daryl. This is when a group from Woodbury shows up also attracted to the crash and gunshots. This group is led by Merle Dixon. Merle takes them back to Woodbury where Glenn, Dave and Lt. Welles are rushed to the medical bay.
    Tyreese, Daryl, Michonne and Dale are introduced to The Governor who seems like a charming leader trying to hold his community together. Merle is his right hand man alongside Martinez, Gabe and Bruce Cooper (who I'm renaming Travis to avoid confusion with the Bruce from Alexandria). Milton also serves as an advisor and Dr. Stevens (the guy who played him on the Grady hospital portion of the real show can play him) runs the medical bay with Alice. The Governor gives them a couple of apartments to stay in until Glenn gets better and they are shown around Woodbury. They are all different levels of suspicious and don't reveal much about themselves other than their acknowledgement of Merle. The Governor goes to Dave and asks about the group. Dave tells him about their leader Rick and how Daryl, Tyreese and Glenn are his right hand men. Next he goes to Lt. Welles and finds out where his platoon is at. He leaves Merle in charge and goes with Martinez, Gabe and Travis to find the platoon and mow them down. That night is fight night and The Governor invites the group to watch with him in his "box seats". There he starts asking about where they come from. No one gives him much to work with so The Governor borrows Gabe's shotgun and blows Dale away with it. Martinez is sent out to deter any people trying to find out the source of the gunshot. Michonne bites The Governors ear off before being restrained. He orders them all to be put in separate storage units after the crowd clears out from the fights. The Governor retires to his apartment afterwards and looks at his zombie head aquarium with 2 new additions: Dave and Welles.
    The next day, 2 fighters from the night before are in the medical bay: Tim and Crowley. Crowley is pissed that Tim knocked out his teeth so he slits Tim's throat. When Glenn sees that not much fuss is made over this he knows something is wrong. He sneaks out and is caught and brought to The Governor at the wall. He has a table set up with a beaten up Tyreese sitting across from The Governor. Glenn sits down and The Governor points out a zombified Dale chained outside of the wall. Glenn is greatly upset by this. The Governor asks Glenn where the rest of his group is. Glenn stands his ground so The Governor chops Tyreese's hand off. The Governor sends Tyreese to medical and tells Merle to put Glenn in the storage unit next to Michonne's. Season ends with Rick waking up and being informed about everyone leaving and that they haven't been heard from in days. Rick grabs his Python and gets ready to go looking for them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12