Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Back To Top    #41
    Status
    We could arrange to have you carried. AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    I guess i'm one of the few that liked Dale (Mostly because I'm a big fan of DeMunn and he made him so likable) and that scene sucked when I first watched it. I wasn't sad I was pissed......because that began the trend of characters being played by good actors dying (Bernthal - Shane, Rooker - Merle, Holden - Andrea, Callies - Lori, Morrissey - Governor, Gillard - Bob Stookey, Coleman - Tyreese), I could probably count the amount of actual good actors on this show now with one hand as half the characters alive now have mediocre actors playing them at best. I love Tara but Alanna Masterson isn't a good actor, she's pretty much playing herself, aside the whole lesbian thing.

2. Back To Top    #42
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    His death was gruesome and his agony was terrible. It really caught me by surprise! But with all of that, I realized that I didn't actually miss Dale, maybe because Hershel eventually became the father figure and voice of reason.

I will say that with Dale's death, Shane could maneuver unchecked. Other than Andrea (who was crushing on Shane), only Dale was aware of the depth of Shane's real feelings about Lori and his disdain toward Rick.

3. Back To Top    #43
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamUpBxtch View Post
    I guess i'm one of the few that liked Dale (Mostly because I'm a big fan of DeMunn and he made him so likable) and that scene sucked when I first watched it. I wasn't sad I was pissed......because that began the trend of characters being played by good actors dying (Bernthal - Shane, Rooker - Merle, Holden - Andrea, Callies - Lori, Morrissey - Governor, Gillard - Bob Stookey, Coleman - Tyreese), I could probably count the amount of actual good actors on this show now with one hand as half the characters alive now have mediocre actors playing them at best. I love Tara but Alanna Masterson isn't a good actor, she's pretty much playing herself, aside the whole lesbian thing.
    I've always felt that DeMunn played him in a manner to make him intentionally annoying and not likable at all. When I think Dale I think of a nosy, judgmental busybody that was always up in everyone's business. I see him as plenty of other things too, but some of those things require some subjective leaps so I won't mention them. No argument here that the overall quality of the actors has dropped dramatically.

4. Back To Top    #44
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    @Christ2010Grad, I did not like either tv Dale or tv Andrea. They are the only 2 characters (so far) for whom I vastly preferred their GN versions.

Both JDM and LH are good actors. They were victims of miscasting and poor writing.

5. Back To Top    #45
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyreese's Widow View Post
    @Christ2010Grad, I did not like either tv Dale or tv Andrea. They are the only 2 characters (so far) for whom I vastly preferred their GN versions.

Both JDM and LH are good actors. They were victims of miscasting and poor writing.
    I think it more had to do with writing.

6. Back To Top    #46
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Lets face it, Dale was seemingly meant to be annoying. There is no other explanation of his preachiness about what to do with Randall. He was an enemy! Schwack 'em! And they just fucked tv Andrea up. I never understood why Michonne REALLY hated the Gov since they changed things so much other than he was trying to steal her one friend. And it's not a bad argument. But it's also kinda weak. The writing was terrible for their arc in season 3. And it's really the only thing that makes me cringe when re-watching it.

They're both good actors, (Especially in The Fog for JDM, right @ Tyreese's Widow? lol) but they just got a raw deal.

7. Back To Top    #47
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    The death of Dale was for me an incredibly shocking moment. Putting away the fact that it was caused by an a absurdal reason, the whole scene was sad and very emotional. The moment when Andrea said with tears in ther eyes "He's suffering, do something"....Well, it was all I could take.

To be honest, I really like Dale. Of course he was annoyign but I understood him as character. I understood his motivations, his moral system, his point of view. He had good intentions and that was the most important thing. His realtionship with Andrea was one of the best element of season 2 even thought that difficult feelings beetwen them two were a main point of whole thread. I love the moment when Andrea realized that Dale was only trying to take care of her. In his own different way but he was trying. Thanks to that she not only decided to support him in Randall problem but also developed her own moral system which was as strong as Dale's.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345