Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level

Season 3- What did you dislike about it?

I may have been the only one who view Season 3 as the best season of the Walking Dead so far. It had a fast pacing (note: if I have to choose between too slow or too fast, I will choose too fast), it had a clear storyline and things of that nature. Now with that said, there were some things I disliked about Season 3:

1. The moment a character started getting fleshed he or she would be offed a few minutes later- Axel is a case in point: We begin to start hearing him talk about why he was thrown in jail, his family members and all of a sudden he is killed in the same episode.

2. Black characters dying- Season 3 made it look like there could only be one black person in Rick's group at a time. That was one thing which infuriated me to no end. Thankfully, this error is being corrected in Season 4 because Tyreese will be joined by a fellow black character named Bob Stookey.

What were the things you disliked about Season 3?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Everything that didn't involve Rick the Prick, Hershel being dale, Michonne slicing and dicing or Maggie icing people like it ain't no thang, or the Governor (when he was being bad ass and not dumb), or Merle.

Also everything that involved Andrea.

Everything.

Also the episodes devoted completely to Woodbury, or rather, Andrea.

Also everything about WTTT

Also Merle and Oscar dying so soon.

Also Arrow on the Doorstep was pretty fucking stupid tbh

Also Andrea

Did I mention I disliked Andrea this season?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    * Quick deaths, as mentioned above. There's no point making us care about a character if you're going to kill them so quickly. At least just don't waste our time, keep them as background fodder if that's what you want to do.

* Too many main cast deaths. Yes, it's a shocking show that kills it's main cast.... blah, blah, blah. Doesn't mean you have to kill them all! Lori is understandable, T Dog was a waste of screen time, Andrea was so unlikeable since season two it didn't actually matter, and Merle was just standing around waiting to die from what it seems.
    More could have been done with all the characters. lori's was the only one that came to a natural conclusion, IMO.

* Pacing. Early episodes crammed so much stuff in and then contrasted in the later part of the season with episodes that seemed to be stretched out.
    I'm more for character development so i'm happy to slow the early part down. A happy medium.

*Merle. I was looking forward to his return and he was such a different character. I still loved the guy, though. And I looked forward to how they'd reintroduce the brothers. And it was pretty cool. and then they left, and fought and returned and I was expecting.... something to come of it.
    But nope. Merle got over losing his hand. He didn't want any vengeance.
    He and Daryl weren't bothered about talking or really looking at one another or anything.
    Expectations= High.
    They let me waaaaay down on that one.

* The finale. IMO, they shouldn't have built up the last few episodes for a war the way they did and have no delivery on it. The whole 'We're going to war' speech followed by episodes of in-action was just.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Level
    - Mazaara's ADHD-style pacing
    - Poor handling of the Woodbury subplot (that includes the lack of extra continuity)
    - Poor handling of various characters (Andrea, Michonne, Tyreese, Sasha, Karen, T-Dog, the prison inmates, etc)
    - THE LACK OF PLANNING AHEAD OF TIME!!!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree. There were too many main cast deaths. Look I get that they are living in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. However, you can keep the peril these characters face without having them dying all the time.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Level
    There were a lot of things I disliked about season 3 but mostly my main beef was Merle and Daryl not having enough screen time together. Their story as brothers reunited should have played out a lot more than what we saw. Merle should never have been killed in this season. I've loved the Dixons since season 1. Wish the writers had done more with these two together. I feel like I got ripped off. To quote Daryl, "I just want my brother back".

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    ^ YES!!!
    If they were planning it from the start, no need to make a big deal about it.
    For all he did, Merle might as well have stayed on The Governor's side and been a bad bad guy, rather than a bad good guy.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    *Agreed about the Dixons! I was looking forward to Merle being around for a good season or so and being offed at the end of S4 or Mid S5. As it is, the group is too Kumbayah now that Shane is gone. Merle filled that antagonist role so well and would have kept everyone on their toes. He'll agree with you one moment and turn on you the next (opportunist). It was interesting seeing the Dixon's dynamic together and I was looking forward to it after waiting a season and half for it to happen. That and you have Michael Rooker on your show, one of the best actors of the bunch. Why get rid of him? Reedus and Rooker played off of each other so well.

*Too many character deaths. By the time Andrea bit it, I didn't even care anymore. I just rolled my eyes because I wasn't even shocked anymore. I was really disappointed that the prisoners were killed off so quickly, they were an interesting crew. Miss you Big Tiny.

*The fleshing out of the characters went out the window. They lost their dimensions and were making poor decisions or contradicting previous actions or characterizations.

*Woodbury. The handling of it bored me to tears and I skip through most of those scenes whenever I watch the episodes again. I felt it was handled poorly and wished Andrea had never been put into that plot line. That poor actress was probably miserable every time she picked up her script.

*Crazy Rick and the hallucinations. I get why they did it, but except for the revisit of the "stuff and thangs" line which had me rolling, I didn't see the point of her walking around in a gown and tormenting the dude. It didn't work for me.

*The handling of Tyreese.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallerFries View Post
    *Agreed about the Dixons! I was looking forward to Merle being around for a good season or so and being offed at the end of S4 or Mid S5. As it is, the group is too Kumbayah now that Shane is gone. Merle filled that antagonist role so well and would have kept everyone on their toes. He'll agree with you one moment and turn on you the next (opportunist). It was interesting seeing the Dixon's dynamic together and I was looking forward to it after waiting a season and half for it to happen. That and you have Michael Rooker on your show, one of the best actors of the bunch. Why get rid of him? Reedus and Rooker played off of each other so well.

*Too many character deaths. By the time Andrea bit it, I didn't even care anymore. I just rolled my eyes because I wasn't even shocked anymore. I was really disappointed that the prisoners were killed off so quickly, they were an interesting crew. Miss you Big Tiny.

*The fleshing out of the characters went out the window. They lost their dimensions and were making poor decisions or contradicting previous actions or characterizations.

*Woodbury. The handling of it bored me to tears and I skip through most of those scenes whenever I watch the episodes again. I felt it was handled poorly and wished Andrea had never been put into that plot line. That poor actress was probably miserable every time she picked up her script.

*Crazy Rick and the hallucinations. I get why they did it, but except for the revisit of the "stuff and thangs" line which had me rolling, I didn't see the point of her walking around in a gown and tormenting the dude. It didn't work for me.

*The handling of Tyreese.
    I still can't believe Axel. "Oh look he's finally getting some well-deserved screentime of his own and development! I hope the writers don't do what they always do and give more last-second attention to characters on the chopping block, because that doesn't help their integrity any, not to mention the formula's been played out to death alre--------OH, DAMMIT!"

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrion93 View Post
    I still can't believe Axel. "Oh look he's finally getting some well-deserved screentime of his own and development! I hope the writers don't do what they always do and give more last-second attention to characters on the chopping block, because that's been played out to death alre--------OH, DAMMIT!"
    This is a valid criticism. On the same token, had TG gone in with his little display of force and there were no casualties at all, then he looks impotent and his villainy is laughable. It was the same with Oscar. Rick couldn't raid Woodbury and shoot up a bunch of people without losing one of his own. So in both instances then, who would you rather lose? A character we haven't really gotten to know yet or a major player?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast