Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level

How I met your mother

This was another show that I haven't seen in the 'TV' section (the other being the Big Bang theory). This is also a highly popular series and has drawn many comparisons to Friends.
    i for one am a massive fan of the show and apart from a few others HIMYM is one of my favourite TV shows.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    HIMYM has been one of my favorite shows for years now, but I am ready for it to end. The writers have dragged out the last two or three seasons. I have people say that it's a copy of Friends too. But I never liked that show at all. I think the actors in HIMYM are better than those that were in Friends.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm bumping this, because we're nearing the end... I'll miss these guys.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    Im going to be so damn sad when HIMYM ends in a couple of weeks, this show is my version of friends, i was to young when friends first started airing but i grew up in my teens watching this show and it became a part of my life (i love it when a show does that) so im gonna be crying when this show ends

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by william_1995 View Post
    Im going to be so damn sad when HIMYM ends in a couple of weeks, this show is my version of friends, i was to young when friends first started airing but i grew up in my teens watching this show and it became a part of my life (i love it when a show does that) so im gonna be crying when this show ends
    Why must you make me feel so old?? But I feel the same way, I love this gang.

So... do you think the mother's dead?

If Barney and Robin divorce, and the mother's dead, and all of this is just here for Robin and Ted to get together, it will really spoil the show for me. I hate to say that, but it really will.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitiann View Post
    Why must you make me feel so old?? But I feel the same way, I love this gang.

So... do you think the mother's dead?

If Barney and Robin divorce, and the mother's dead, and all of this is just here for Robin and Ted to get together, it will really spoil the show for me. I hate to say that, but it really will.
    haha i try not to... promise ;)

But seriously dont even say that - dont even think it!, if the mother is in fact dead i will freak out so much it will be like the world just exploded

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by william_1995 View Post
    haha i try not to... promise ;)

But seriously dont even say that - dont even think it!, if the mother is in fact dead i will freak out so much it will be like the world just exploded
    I could deal with her being dead, its shoehorning Robin and Ted together that would piss me off. Other theory I've heard is that Ted has Alzheimers, that's why he's telling this story to his kids. I'd be ok with that, it would explain why his memory isn't always there (Blah-Blah, getting the goat birthday mixed up) and why he repeats himself (the mother knew all his stories because he told them over and over.... classic symptom of Alzheimers). Would also explain why he was upset at the idea of a parent missing a wedding.

I guess we'll see!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitiann View Post
    I could deal with her being dead, its shoehorning Robin and Ted together that would piss me off. Other theory I've heard is that Ted has Alzheimers, that's why he's telling this story to his kids. I'd be ok with that, it would explain why his memory isn't always there (Blah-Blah, getting the goat birthday mixed up) and why he repeats himself (the mother knew all his stories because he told them over and over.... classic symptom of Alzheimers). Would also explain why he was upset at the idea of a parent missing a wedding.

I guess we'll see!

NO STOP!!! PLEASE!!! You're killing me with these theorys
    Ted will be fine and so will the mother, they have to be and the rest of the and will live happily ever after... Thats my ending.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm more in for the theory of Barney being dead. I read several 'hints' somewhere and it made sense to me. I just hope that this series ends well and happily, those five deserve a happy ending.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm not usually a fan of sitcoms, but I love this show! The only other sitcom I've ever connected with was Friends which I watched from Day 1 to the end (someone recently pointed out to me that it started 20 years ago and it made me feel old, haha). I'll be sad to see this one go in a couple of weeks. I've been feeling lately that the mother might be dead which would be a bummer ending. I'm holding out hope for something happy. :)
    I haven't heard the dead Barney theory. Interesting.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast