Thanks Thanks:  0
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level

2013 MTV Video Music Awards Thread

So...that show happened. I didn't see any posts about it, but I figure some of us watched this thing, so let's talk about it. I'm going to leave my own talking points here, but feel free to contribute.

Lady Gaga - While she's incredibly talented, I always just feel like she tries too hard to be different, she can sing...I wish she would just do that. The shock value thing is played out. Nice seashells though.

Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke - I think the one word that comes to mind is "disturbing". Miley is really trying to push the envelope and shed that Disney image, isn't she? Honestly, she looked pretty gross, and I think most everyone in the crowd agreed. Will, Willow and Jaden Smith's reaction was classic though. Miley looked like Angelica's doll, Cynthia though. Which was hilarious.

Kanye - Very solid performance, actually. He wasn't over the top, he just went out there and did his thing. It wasn't mind blowing, but it was a good performance.

Bruno - See Kanye. I didn't really enjoy this song much, so it was a bit of a downer, but the performance was what we have come to expect from him.

Justin Timberlake/'Nsync - Words can't really express how well done I thought this whole segment was. Easily the best performance of the night, the crowd was into it, and JT is one of the hardest working guys in entertainment. He deserves all of the credit and accolades that have been thrown his way. Truly a class act.

Katy Perry - See Bruno. I didn't care about "Roar", but the backdrop for the performance was breathtaking. She is usually a pretty strong performer, but I thought this was just average.

Unrelated to the performances: I'm super upset that Zedd got beat out by Austin Mahone and that Daft Punk lost to One Direction. This is truly the end of days. lol

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    I didn't watch it but I know who won all of the awards and what happened.

Tbh I used to have a massive crush on Miley Cyrus when I was younger but know with her changed hairstyle and changed attitude I can't stand her. And yes she was pretty disturbing 'twerking' on Robin Thicke.

Eminem announced his release date for his new album

NSYNC- I don't follow them at all but I'm presuming their reunion on stage was some what unexpected.