Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level

Discussion: Who on the show gets another comic story or death? (comic posilers)

This topic is for discussion of how we think the show will swap out characters and their deaths/storylines from the comic and use them for other characters on the show.

Many people think Hershel will be taking over Dale's storyline from The Hunters arc, or that Tyreese's famous gym scene has been moved to outdoors as seen in the official season 4 trailer. So this is the place to talk about "swaps" between the comic and the show.

Is Karen the new Jesse? Who meets Lucille with tragic results? Who gets Tyreesed or Lori'd now? Have at it !

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellombie View Post
    I hate to say this.. but Im starting to worry about Glenn not making it, based on the recent evidence..
    Someone could take his death from comics (Daryl?)

If they keep Daryl for a very long time in the show, maybe im the only one who wants, but I have fed up that crossbow, he could lose it, or it could break.
    It would be cool if he is the one killing the Governor (shooting with the crossbow in the remaining eye, and after loosing it).
    I always said that Daryl will get Glenn's death from the comics. Carol will get Maggie's role also.

That would put the TV Show on top for a while again. It will be a natural decline until them. Also, instant hate on Negan.

Looking forward to that. Know several people which love TWD but knows absolutely nothing about the Comics and the Novel. And this represents 80%+ of the public (guessing numbers).

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by raphaelgunther View Post
    I always said that Daryl will get Glenn's death from the comics.

See I've always pictured that aswell!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Level
    That'll be a great reason for true fans of the show to stop watching the show.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to say this.. but Im starting to worry about Glenn not making it, based on the recent evidence..
    What "evidence?"

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    So Glenn is not going to make it? And Daryl will meet Lucille? First Lucille will be pretty far down the road. What evidence supports Glenn not making it other than Steven Yeun not being on set yet?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah, I don't see Lucille being in the show for quite some time. But when she does show up, hoo boy it will be magnificent.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Killing Glenn this season would play heavily into people's expectations. Many seem to feel that because he's been offed in the comic he's going to die this season, despite the clear differences in timelines between the series and the comic. Lucille is a long way into the future, in my opinion, and when she does appear, she either will again be used on Glenn in the series as she was in the comic, or on some other character we may not have even met yet. But I think we can all be assured she won't be used on Daryl. There is simply no way in the world that TPTB would not only kill off the prize bull, but do it in such a grotesque and violent manner as that. Killing off that character is already a risk AMC is absolutely not willing to take, they certainly aren't going to allow it to be done in a brutal manner that would damage Norman's pretty face.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm confident that Glenn and Maggie (and others) won't be killed off in the mid-season finale. Them not being on set is not enough evidence for me and I think the reason for this is because these characters are absent from episode 9.

If I recall, Kirkman said that E09 will be the episode with most recemblance to the GN. So if the prison indeed falls in E08, the I guess E09 will be about the survivors scattered after the attack. Maybe we'll have Rick and Carl surviving on their own for a while (one of my favorite arcs from the GN) until they eventually meets up with Daryl, Michonne and Carol.

It wouldn't really be realistic to have everyone meet up again at the same time so I think it's good if Glenn, Maggie and whoever else survives the attack is absent for an episode or two. Maybe part of the cliffhanger in the mid-season finale will be that their fate is unknown and the viewers are left wondering if they made it out alive etc. Then we'll see them again in maybe E10 (maybe they stumble upon Abraham's group). What I'm saying that it's way to early to fear for Glenn, Maggie, Beth and the others. If they don't show up on set for another couple of weeks, THAT'S when we should start worrying.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    I can see the Dale/Hershel swap happening. Wondering if either Beth or Glenn will die in the final prison attack? This would tie into Maggie's storyline of

Spoiler Spoiler:

and leave Hershel to comfort her, later to go in the Hunters Arc.

Also, I am definitely wondering how the Abraham/Rick dynamic will play out since we all know Daryl will be around a good long time.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    Daryl will be Lucille'd when the time comes. Most shocking death with most popular character. Carol crying by their side as did Maggie in the Comics. Maggie kills herself this season, like Carol did.

That will also catapult Negan intantly as the ubber villain. Which they failed with The Governor so far.

Fan rage on Negan will keep the show as strong as ever. Even without Daryl.

Just thoughts, but pretty good thoughts… hehe

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast