Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Ugh Season 2 had so many great deleted scenes, Season 3 has like 5 deleted scenes.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Level
    Reckon, could you tell me what that scene was about and what was said? Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I, too, enjoyed season 3 more on a another viewing. However, I also agree with everyone else that Andrea's storyline was ridiculous. I found it interesting when it was first airing, but I also thought it was actually building to something. And it wasn't. I thought that the season would end with Andrea losing her innocence and killing one of the Governor's soldiers, or perhaps she would go into season 4 feeling guilty about her actions and eventually kill the Governor when he returned. But she died, and that essentially made about half of the season's screentime pointless.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    I would have loved to see the Beth and Carl scene :( .

Edit: just found it and saw it. It was a really good scene for the both of them but I think it was cut because it never looked like they were talking together . It was really shot oddly , like they were both there on different days because everytime one of them talked it would just do a close up on their face and then cut to the other one.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Level
    I watched the commentary episodes last night. I enjoyed those. I especially liked listening to Rooker's take on This Sorrowful Life.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Lookout Walk With Me Andrichonne's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    My motto is "hate mazzara, but love laurie holden". I think people forget that Glen M is the reason why andrea did the things she did, something that I just realised was that in episode 9, Maggie said " andrea hasn't hooked up with the governor has she?" but then in episode 11, she doesn't say anything to andrea at all about what happened to her in episode 7 and im sure if I was Maggie, I would tell andrea what this man is capable of doing to someone and making someone feel, and from that I don't think Andrea would of gone back to woodbury in episode 11 because in episode 13, she wasn't gonna go back to woodbury, but because of the presence of the governor she felt like she had to. There were so many holes when he wrote Andrea and I realise like u, that when u re-watch the series u see things in a much brighter light and think why did that happen.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SundownComes View Post
    Reckon, could you tell me what that scene was about and what was said? Thanks.
    When Greg Nicotero was on Talking Dead, he said there was a scene deleted from the episode where Daryl and Maggie go on a run for formula for the newborn Judith, when they still think Carol has died (ugh, I even had trouble typing that, lol). There was a tree in the road, and while they were moving it, Daryl talks about Carol, and Greg said it was intense. I guess we'll never see that scene.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    It's safe to say that some of the powers that be (including her actress) disliked where Season 3 took Andrea's Character.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AlVan View Post
    I, too, enjoyed season 3 more on a another viewing. However, I also agree with everyone else that Andrea's storyline was ridiculous. I found it interesting when it was first airing, but I also thought it was actually building to something. And it wasn't. I thought that the season would end with Andrea losing her innocence and killing one of the Governor's soldiers, or perhaps she would go into season 4 feeling guilty about her actions and eventually kill the Governor when he returned. But she died, and that essentially made about half of the season's screentime pointless.
    I have often said I didn't hate season 3, although I always felt the pacing was off and uneven. I have also always said that the seasons of the Walking Dead each play like one long movie and that the viewer can appreciate the structure of the season (film) better when watching the episodes back to back rather than each week with a two month intermission inbetween. I remember people complaining about season 2 in much the same way, but once it came out on DVD people understood the pacing and direction of the story. I feel the same way about season 3. I wanted to wait until it came out on DVD in order to make a final evaluation about whether or not it was a "good" season or whether it was hopelessly flawed.

After watching the season on DVD, I too enjoyed and appreciated it much better. The problem with the season was two fold - one, the character of Andrea simply didn't make sense after the midseason finale (this is has been discussed in this thread extensively), and two, most of the season (from "The Killer Within" until the finale) took place in just over a week. When watching 12 episodes over about 6 months, its easy to lose sense of the "series time" v. "real time." Rick's insanity makes more sense when you realize he was going insane in the week immediately following his wife's death, but seems like a WTF? in real time. Rick's decision to turn over Michonne makes sense when you realize he knew her less than a week. However, when watching the entire season in one or two sittings, their actions make more sense, whereas before they seemed off the wall.

Besides all the great insight into the episodes, I learned the season had some flaws, but was a much better season that my initial impression.

- - - Updated - - -

PS. I am a bit disappointed at the deleted scenes that were NOT included in the discs. During the commentaries, the directors and actors kept alluding to scenes that were filmed but cut, scenes I would have loved to see on the disc. Of course, the original ending is one that should have been included!!!!!

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by imogen13 View Post
    PS. I am a bit disappointed at the deleted scenes that were NOT included in the discs. During the commentaries, the directors and actors kept alluding to scenes that were filmed but cut, scenes I would have loved to see on the disc. Of course, the original ending is one that should have been included!!!!!
    Part of the reason scenes were deleted/rewritten/re-shot in the finale was because TPTB were afraid the original ending would "make Team Prison unlikeable" to the audience, so I am not surprised that they did not put the original ending on the DVD extras. It also avoids any commentary on which ending was aired versus which ending was better if they just leave it off the DVD entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

On a semi-related note, I still haven't received my S3 Bluray from Amazon, and likely won't have it until Tuesday. I pre-ordered it, and when I got notification they sent it out, I saw they charged me $55.05 (incl. tax & shipping), and didn't give me the pre-order guarantee (it's now $29.99 with free shipping). I emailed them and they offered to credit me $27.07 as a customer service. A day later, I got another email saying they adjusted my purchase for the pre-order guarantee and were going to be crediting me $19.44. Both credits have been given, so I just got the S3 Bluray for less than $9. Go me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast