Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by imogen13 View Post
    two, most of the season (from "The Killer Within" until the finale) took place in just over a week. When watching 12 episodes over about 6 months, its easy to lose sense of the "series time" v. "real time." Rick's insanity makes more sense when you realize he was going insane in the week immediately following his wife's death, but seems like a WTF? in real time. Rick's decision to turn over Michonne makes sense when you realize he knew her less than a week. However, when watching the entire season in one or two sittings, their actions make more sense, whereas before they seemed off the wall.
    Speaking of the time frame, hair grows fast in the world of TWD.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebradley127 View Post
    On a semi-related note, I still haven't received my S3 Bluray from Amazon, and likely won't have it until Tuesday. I pre-ordered it, and when I got notification they sent it out, I saw they charged me $55.05 (incl. tax & shipping), and didn't give me the pre-order guarantee (it's now $29.99 with free shipping). I emailed them and they offered to credit me $27.07 as a customer service. A day later, I got another email saying they adjusted my purchase for the pre-order guarantee and were going to be crediting me $19.44. Both credits have been given, so I just got the S3 Bluray for less than $9. Go me.
    That's fine because tomorrow, you'll get a parking ticket for $40. The world is in balance.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bestrafen View Post
    That's fine because tomorrow, you'll get a parking ticket for $40. The world is in balance.
    Nah, I'll just have to keep reading some idiot hate comments and incur STFUs from children. But I'm okay with that.

I am going to have to make time tomorrow to listen to some of the commentaries. I'm sure they'll fascinate and enrage me.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Frankenstein View Post
    Speaking of the time frame, hair grows fast in the world of TWD.
    LOL! Once again, real time v. series time - I never caught that!

Apparently, the seasons change more rapidly in a post ZA world as well. We began the season in spring, yet by the end of the season (supposedly about 7-14 days later) everyone was wearing jackets with fall leaves on the trees. Go figure.....

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I am watching the featurettes on the Bluray at the moment. I'm watching the one about Killer Within, and once again am struck by how amazing Sarah Wayne Callies is. She got so much shit for her character, because Lori is not particularly likeable (nor was she meant to be), but the actress throws herself into that and is amazing.

And point of fact, I don't think I ever saw Sarah carry on and defend and all that other bullshit that Laurie Holden did in interviews and panels about Andrea, leaving the show, and the notice she got, etc. SWC is a class act. Just sayin'.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    I am watching the featurettes on the Bluray at the moment. I'm watching the one about Killer Within, and once again am struck by how amazing Sarah Wayne Callies is. She got so much shit for her character, because Lori is not particularly likeable (nor was she meant to be), but the actress throws herself into that and is amazing.

And point of fact, I don't think I ever saw Sarah carry on and defend and all that other bullshit that Laurie Holden did in interviews and panels about Andrea, leaving the show, and the notice she got, etc. SWC is a class act. Just sayin'.
    Totally agree. I know it shouldn't affect my judgement but one of the reasons I didn't mind Lori was because of how brilliant Sarah is. You could tell that despite not loving her character too much she gave it her all. That takes maturity and experience in ANY field that you may work in . Sarah seems very insightful and watching behind the scenes or reading interviews that she did allowed me to give Lori a chance and see her in a different light. Unfortunately it was too late for Lori .

I'm happy someone else pointed this out because Sarah seems to be brushed off when it comes to discussing the actors .

Her performance in Killer Within proved that she put her all into the show .

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    As for the deleted scenes:

Walk With Me: Made sense to delete it, as it made clear there were issues with Woodbury, and Andrea would have been a moron to stay. It was better left ambiguous.

Say The Word: Well, this would have solved all the idiocy over whether or not Carl shot Lori or if she was going to be a walker in the prison. Beyond that, it was too much. The acting quality was fine, but it gave away too much. I'd rather learn about these characters from their actions than from their words.

Hounded: All around unnecessary scene. It contributed nothing to the forward movement of the story, nor did it create any suspense. It was lifted out of the episode and didn't effect any part of the story, which is a sure sign a scene is unnecessary.

Home: Lori zombie was interesting, but again, took things just a little too far. And really, while it made sense in Rick's emotional journey: his self doubt, his questions about his own leadership and his grief to see Lori the way he did, seeing her as a zombie really didn't logically tie into that because she was already dead. Losing her had already occurred and having her become a walker was no longer a logical fear. So this scene just didn't make sense.

I Ain't No Judas: I know everyone wanted to see ballsy Carol, but this scene made no sense in the context of the episode. It made the story about Carol and Daryl, when it was supposed to be about Merle. It was also essentially a repetition of her scene with Andrea, but in that scene, the comments she made kept the story focused on Andrea, as it was supposed to be, so it made sense to cut this one out and leave the other in.

Clear: Fantastic acting, but they weren't covering any new ground with this scene. It was another one where they could lift it out and not effect any of the remainder of the episode. Also, it was too wordy. Subtext makes for great drama. I didn't need Morgan to spoon feed me, no matter how great he is at it.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Lookout Walk With Me Andrichonne's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Sorry, I don't understand, ur saying Laurie Holden not a class act? sorry I think u need to do some more research on Laurie Holden as u clearly don't know about her that well e.g. she is an very important member of the somaly mom charity which prevent human trafficking in Africa, and whenever u look at twitter or instagram, all fans say is how kind and nice Laurie is, laurie is down to earth and is VERY classy women. And Laurie has every right to defend Andrea, she loves that character just as much I love her, but doesn't mean we don't see Andrea flaws, its just we chose to ignore the negatives and focus on the positives, as laurie is a very positive person. And sometimes Laurie does see the negatives in Andrea
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs9_xXnlMpQ as in this clip skip to the 0.34 mark and from there she does understand why some fans don't like her. And btw whenever she brings up her notice, its only if someone asks her about it, she doesn't just randomly bring it up, but she is hurt from Glen mazzara who gave her a two day notice which is wrong considering he decided to kill her off while writing half way through the season *cough bullshit* so he could of given her more of a notice tbh so its understandable and sarah wayne callies got told in April 2012 and lori died june 2012, so theres a big difference. And sarah did defend lori, for example at the san diego comic con she defended lori about how she convinced rick to kill shane and she did try her hardest to defend lori, but she did understand her flaws by calling herself a homewrecker etc. But with Andrea, she tried her best and she has a good heart, and Laurie holden only wanted the audience to understand that. But I do agree that swc is a fantastic actress!

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I think both Sarah and Laurie were treated like crap, and they handled it very well. I love Norman Reedus, but can you imagine what his reaction would be if got that bullshit? He'd throw a tantrum for the ages.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AlVan View Post
    I think both Sarah and Laurie were treated like crap, and they handled it very well. I love Norman Reedus, but can you imagine what his reaction would be if got that bullshit? He'd throw a tantrum for the ages.
    While I don't agree that Laurie was treated like crap, I can at least see the argument for it. I don't understand the contention that Sarah was treated like crap. Why? Because her character was killed off? That's kinda the nature of the show. And honestly, Glen had to give her the news about her character within hours of his own mother dying...I'm pretty sure he was probably under a bit of stress himself at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Walk With Me Andrichonne View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand, ur saying Laurie Holden not a class act? sorry I think u need to do some more research on Laurie Holden as u clearly don't know about her that well e.g. she is an very important member of the somaly mom charity which prevent human trafficking in Africa, and whenever u look at twitter or instagram, all fans say is how kind and nice Laurie is, laurie is down to earth and is VERY classy women. And Laurie has every right to defend Andrea, she loves that character just as much I love her, but doesn't mean we don't see Andrea flaws, its just we chose to ignore the negatives and focus on the positives, as laurie is a very positive person. And sometimes Laurie does see the negatives in Andrea
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs9_xXnlMpQ as in this clip skip to the 0.34 mark and from there she does understand why some fans don't like her. And btw whenever she brings up her notice, its only if someone asks her about it, she doesn't just randomly bring it up, but she is hurt from Glen mazzara who gave her a two day notice which is wrong considering he decided to kill her off while writing half way through the season *cough bullshit* so he could of given her more of a notice tbh so its understandable and sarah wayne callies got told in April 2012 and lori died june 2012, so theres a big difference. And sarah did defend lori, for example at the san diego comic con she defended lori about how she convinced rick to kill shane and she did try her hardest to defend lori, but she did understand her flaws by calling herself a homewrecker etc. But with Andrea, she tried her best and she has a good heart, and Laurie holden only wanted the audience to understand that. But I do agree that swc is a fantastic actress!
    I am not going to try to convince you. You're a big Laurie Holden fan, and that's your right. I am not as enamored of her. Yes, she does good humanitarian work. That's not the topic here. Here we're talking about her involvement with the show. And you can go "STFU" on all my posts and anything I say that casts Mazzara in a good light, but those comments on my part aren't going to change either.

Personally, I believe Laurie is a diva. She wanted to look pretty on a zombie show, hence we have perfectly manicured feet and thong underwear in the ZA. Yes, Sarah defended her character. All actors have to believe in their characters to some extent in order to make them believable to us. But Sarah didn't claim she should have been a writer on the show so she could have done a different/better job, and she didn't try to claim the show was ruined for lack of her presence.

I don't know how much notice Laurie was actually given. I've never asked. I do notice that the amount of time got shorter with subsequent interviews. Was it really 2 days? Maybe. Probably not. Was it still short? Sure. Unfortunately, that's what happens. No matter what people plan when they are plotting out a story, things change. Sometimes last minute. On the same token, it seems odd to me that she didn't sense the end of her character coming - it was pretty apparent.

And again, I will still point out that 80% of the finale was re-written and re-shot after Glen cleaned out his office. It defies explanation that he would be the only one that wanted to kill her off, and yet when he was gone from the show and the episode rewritten/re-shot, the current writers killed her off anyway. Were they afraid Glen was going to come back and beat them up? Did he threaten to poison their food? Is he the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor with the power to hold sway over the entire cast and crew even after he no longer works for the show? No. No. No.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast