Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Best and worst adaptions of the comic characters.

Okay, I just was interested to hear opinions of the adaptions in both Telltale's game (Lilly and Glenn are really it there) and AMC's show which is a basic made for TV remake that doesn't suck like most adaptions, I am looking at you M Night and you shitty Avatar movie.

So to start off with the game, Lilly felt like a good character who would seem to fall into Woodbury, however she had minimal appearances in the comic unless I missed a page or two. and Glenn was a bit off in looks but he had a general attitude similar to comic Glenn's. Also I do realize the game is supposed to be cannon with the comic, but still.

Now the show, I think Rick had a much more trusting attitude in the comics at the point thy are in the comics, he didn't have a Ricktatorship and I liked it that way, but I suppose showing a more derail of Rick in the show where he is more angry and brutal but still has some of the qualities of the whole nice leader played out in the comics. Andrea is by far the worst adaption thus far, the comic plays her much better than the show is writing for her, I have liked Andrea since she was introduced in the comic and in the show its been a long dull downhill road for Andrea. And since I am tired lastly lets go with The Governor who I think is better than his comic counterpart, he has a bit more of an evil handsome going on versus the comic Governor having the janitor stache and long hair. I also like that he isn't already evil through and through when we first meet hip as he still has walker Penny to keep him slightly good, which works out until Penny has the whole sword through the head thing done and he goes mental. Further the fact that he seems to be Phillip Blake instead of Brian Blake acting as Phillip Blake is nice its a nice twist on things.

Opinions are welcome.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Glenn has taken more time to harden in the show where in the comics it was more of a switch turning in later issues. Maggie has been off an on, she has her moments I suppose. In regards to Lori she had the whole stop leaving the group even though you are protecting us when you leave in the comics and in the show she had the whole 'kill Shane he is a danger... You killed Shane you monster!' plus she had the badly drawn lips that looked puffed up half the time in the comics, she must have an allergic reaction to air. Lori had a reason for being so I suppose its good she was there.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Haven't been a big fan of Michonne in the show so far, but i'm prepared to give them a chance as we haven't really seen much of her. I'd be interested to get opinions from people who haven't read the comics, on how they feel about her so far.

Also, I think Glenn has actually toughened up a lot quicker on the show than he did in the comic.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    The most disappointing adaption is Andrea. I cannot believe they took one of the best comic characters and totally destroyed her. Another one that I can complain about (a bit) is Glenn. He just seems so much weaker on the show.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    It's been awhile since I read the comics, but up until this point in the comics, what had he done that made him braver/not as weak, as opposed to the show? Like I said in my previous post, the main comparison I can think of is when he was being held in Woodbury and he dealt with that much better on the show than he did in the comic.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Southern born and southern bred Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick Velcro View Post
    Haven't been a big fan of Michonne in the show so far, but i'm prepared to give them a chance as we haven't really seen much of her. I'd be interested to get opinions from people who haven't read the comics, on how they feel about her so far.
    I haven't started reading the comics yet, but I love Michonne on the show, from what they have shown of her.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick Velcro View Post
    It's been awhile since I read the comics, but up until this point in the comics, what had he done that made him braver/not as weak, as opposed to the show? Like I said in my previous post, the main comparison I can think of is when he was being held in Woodbury and he dealt with that much better on the show than he did in the comic.
    Season 1 Glenn rocked. Season 2 Glenn seemed like a chicken shit. Season 3 Glenn (so far) seems to be getting his act together. He really redeemed himself with the whole Woodbury situation. Which is why, in my original comment, I said that I can only complain about him a bit. :)

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassenach View Post
    I haven't started reading the comics yet, but I love Michonne on the show, from what they have shown of her.
    Ah right, cool. People seem to like her on the show, but I wondered how much of that was just carried over from knowing her in the comics.

I'm always interested to know how people who don't read the comics feel about the episodes. With 'Made to Suffer' for example, I really enjoyed Tyreese's parts, but I think that's just 'cos I know who he is and i'm a fan of his. Not sure those parts of the episode would've been as enjoyable to someone who didn't know who he was.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    I find that I like a lot of the television versions better, with the exception of Andrea, I wouldn't mind if they killed off Andrea and replaced all of her storylines with Carol's.

The Governor is a lot more terrifying because it feels like it's more likely to happen then him in the comic.
    Rick is a little more realistic as well I find then he is in the comic, both versions are good though.
    I liked Shane a lot better on the TV version, I think it was cool to see him slowly turn in to this monster that had to be put down, rather then him snapping so quickly in the comic.

I am not saying the TV show is better than the comic, but I just like the TV counterparts on most better.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Read through the thread and Michonne is a bit kinder (I think) in the comics she has a kinder attitude where in the show the whole one emotion stare has been off putting, Kirkman stated that Michonne originally said (in Made to Suffer) 'You need me... please' but they pulled please which I think was more needed for Michonne. Also if they have her start talking to her dead boyfriend then I am going to be very happy.

Also I was thinking on this Carl is awesome in the show (Season 3 only (so far)) where in the comics he does have the build from kid to cold angry and generally harsh but he hasn't shown the harshness and anger yet just the cold hardened appearance everyone but Beth is getting, he has the leader attitude which I though was pretty great a change.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast