Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level

Linecreek at Graygirls Road 9/23-27?/13

Preparations have already started for one of the soon to be filming sites for TWD season 4. At this point most of us seem to think this could be episode 4.12-4.13 although we do know for sure now that production uses multiple filming units that can shoot for 2-3 episodes at a time, so it remains impossible to be certain everything being filmed at a location.

Dates still unknown, but clearing the area, the use of the Red Lightning trucks, etc. means this is most likely for the TWD and sources advise Mockingjay is not considering this site at all. Still, I don't have a letter on Valhalla Entertainment letterhead, signed by Gale Anne Hurd guaranteeing this-

I'm trying a bit of a new format this time- more commentary to help explain the photos (let me know if you think this works or prefer the other, just-facts format)

This is Linecreek Road which is also part of Georgia Bicycle Route 45 (used for previous season 4 filming!) at the intersection of Graygirls Road . Here's a quick map to get us started while I start marking some photos which just came in.

The green arrow and yellowed area is where the Port-a-Potties are located.

Yep, that familiar gray van is riddled with bullet holes even though they are not visible due to windshield and shadow issues. See the red Lightening Productions truck parked further back on the side of the road?

Delta (Global) Security guard next to the black car- and that white sign on the tree is a Posted: No trespassing sign indicating another private property location easy to secure as has happened so often during this production season.

Notice the 2 "roads" into the area where the van is, that's a plus for production since we know eicles have gotten stuck in mud and needed towing which just slowed down filming earlier this summer.

This man is actually clearing/cutting down cornstalks after harvest to clear the area, then putting them in the back of the Lightening Productions truck in the photo. This could be to clear debris for vehicles and equipment, particularly if this turns out to be a Base Camp location since the apparent size and terrain are similar from previous BC sites this summer.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Level
    Wowww!

Good Work, Ripley, thanks!

Very good!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    Thanks for all of the hard work Ripley.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Level
    thanks for the info :D

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Actually, right across the road from lighting truck and gray van(bout a hundred yards or so) is where the governor shot his people at the end season 3. Down line creek rd. about half mile is where daryl and merle came across the trapped family on the bridge at "yellow jacket creek" which is really line creek also in season 3. Kinda curious on how they will handle the camera shots since the road dept. mowed the shoulders of the road a week or so ago? I know the man real well that owns both sides of the road where your pics show....one side of the road is bush-hogged clean and the side road the vehicles are on there is a grain sorghum field which the the guy is cutting in the photo,,,,, they must going to film down the road toward the bridge.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    Thanks, senoiaman, for adding some info for us here. I'll correct my comments above; when a source sends the photos and says "the guy in the photo is doing X" that's what we post when we cannot see the crops for themselves. Sadly no source gets it right 100% of the time. Thanks for your feedback, how lucky you are to be in the area and know these things !

I'll dig up some sorghum photos for posting too so we'll know next time.
    Last edited by Ripley; September 20th, 2013 at 09:35 PM. Reason: added info and images links

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    the white truck in one of the photo's is actually the landowners son,,, i bet he was showing where to set up their base camp, because it gets real soggy in that field. i know, I was stuck in that field last winter,lol

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by senoiaman View Post
    the white truck in one of the photo's is actually the landowners son,,, i bet he was showing where to set up their base camp, because it gets real soggy in that field. i know, I was stuck in that field last winter,lol
    Do you happen to know what is inside the fence? I see a three-phase power pole and what looks like a big green underground/pad mounted transformer (zoomed in on Google earth). Is it a pumping/lift station or possibly a telephone/cable exchange? I was just wondering if they could be filming something inside the fenced in area.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    good eye! it's a lift station..... the fence area is about 20x30 with the pump in it.... to right of the porti-johns about 50 feet is a good friend of mine's home.......i joked to him last year he should offer them his house to film in since it kinda looked like post zombie apocalypse, lol....... he mowed his yard the next day, lol

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast