Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    My daughter's taco soup, can be done on the stove or in a crock pot.

1 can kidney beans
    1 can black beans
    1 can pinto beans
    1 can cream corn
    1 can Rotel
    1 can green chiles, diced
    1 pkg dry ranch dressing
    1 pkg taco seasoning

If you want to add ground beef, brown and drain before adding to pot, can also use shredded chicken or pork but it makes a nice vegetarian meal.

Fritos, sour cream, grated cheese for top, as desired

Easy peasy and really nice. You can use a hot taco seasoning pkg but I use mild and throw in a little hot sauce at the end if I'm in the mood.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    My sister introduced me to this recipe and I adore it. I've turned many the cauliflower-hater into a lover with it and when this is served, the 3-year old in my family will eat this almost exclusively:

Popcorn Cauliflower

2 med heads cauliflower, cut head into medium sized florets and discard stems
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 tsp sugar
    1/4 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/4 - 1/2 tsp tumeric
    6 - 8 Tablespoons olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 450
    2. Line a jelly roll pan or baking sheet with parchment paper
    3. in a large bowl, combine the salt, sugar, spices and oil. Add cauliflower florets and toss to evenly coat.
    4. Place in a single layer on the prepared sheet
    5. Roast uncovered for 30-35 minutes until the largest piece can be pierced with a fork. If the tops are starting to get too brown, toss the cauliflower during the baking process.

Visual explanation as to why it's called "popcorn" cauliflower:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    Portuguese Sausage Soup An excellent alternative to chili. Easy peasey to make!

1 lb Hot Italian sausage
    1 lb Mild Italian sausage
    1 cup chopped onion (white)
    1 cup chopped celery
    1 cup sliced black olives
    3 large white potatoes cubed
    1 large can diced tomatoes
    1 15 oz can red kidney beans undrained
    5 cups water
    2 tsp minced garlic
    Salt and pepper to taste
    A few dashes of Cholula brand hot sauce, Chipotle flavor (optional)

Remove skins from sausage and place meat in a large pot and cook til done. Chop meat into small pieces as it cooks. Drain grease and return sausage to pot. Then add all of the ingredients to pot and cook on medium til potatoes are fork tender.

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
    Preheat oven to 350F
    1 Tbsp melted butter
    1 medium yellow onion chopped
    4 1/2 oz can chopped green chilis
    8 oz cream cheese cubed
    3 1/2 cups cooked chicken chopped fine
    2 cups heavy whipping cream
    2 8oz packages shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    10-14 Soft flour tortillas

Saute onion in the butter til tender. Then add cut up chicken, cubed cream cheese and green chilis. Stir continuously in pan and med lo heat to prevent sticking until well incorporated. Then put a small amount of filling into the tortilla and roll up, arranging side by side in baking dish filling it. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of rolled tortillas evenly then pour whipping cream over the tortillas and cheese. Bake for 45 minutes. After baking, remove from oven and let rest for a minimum of 10 minutes to prevent burning the inside or your mouth!

Smoked Boston Butt Pulled Pork BBQ

Brine:

8 ounces or 3/4 cup molasses
    12 ounces pickling salt
    2 quarts bottled water
    6 to 8 pound Boston butt

Rub:

1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
    1 teaspoon whole fennel seed
    1 teaspoon whole coriander
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 tablespoon onion powder
    1 tablespoon paprika

Combine molasses, pickling salt, and water in 6 quart Lexan. Add Boston butt making sure it is completely submerged in brine, cover, and let sit in refrigerator for a minimum of 8 hours. 12 hours is ideal.

Place cumin seed, fennel seed, and coriander in food grinder and grind fine. Transfer to a small mixing bowl and stir in chili powder, onion powder, and paprika.

Remove Boston butt from brine and pat dry. Sift the rub evenly over the shoulder and then pat onto the meat making sure as much of the rub as possible adheres. More rub will adhere to the meat if you are wearing latex gloves during the application.

Preheat smoker to 210 degrees F. Place butt in smoker and cook for 10 to12 hours, maintaining a temperature of 210 degrees F. Begin checking meat for doneness after 10 hours of cooking time. Use fork to check for doneness. Meat is done when it falls apart easily when pulling with a fork. Once done, remove from pot and set aside to rest for at least 1 hour. Pull meat apart with 2 forks and serve as sandwich with coleslaw and dressing as desired.

- - - Updated - - -

Magi Bread, An excellent bread loaf customarily made during the holidays, but is wonderful any time of the year!

Preheat oven at 350F
    1/2cup butter
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1 tsp Vanilla extract
    1 cup coconut
    1/2 cup chopped dates
    1/2 chopped maraschino cherries
    2 cups all purpose flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    pinch of salt
    3 mashed ripe bananas
    1 can Mandarin Oranges drained2/3 cup chopped black walnuts
    6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream butter with the sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Sift flour with the baking soda and salt, alternating with bananas. Gently fold in oranges, then mix in nuts, coconut, cherries and dates. Pour into 2 loaf pans and bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours at 350F. Let cool then serve, or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. Do not use foil as it reacts with the orange and chocolate and alters the taste.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    I just made your Popcorn Cauliflower, Extravagantjoke and I am hooked- it's a winner! A friend stopped by while it was in the oven and stayed until it was done so he could take some home. He hates all vegetable by the way and normally grumbles over eating green salad, so you definitely have a hit and so do I. Thank again for sharing this.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    Okay, folks! i just tried a recipe of Alton Browns', from Food Network and Cooking Channel. (You all will soon find out I'm THE foodie from Hell!) LOL! Any one on here that knows who Alton is, knows he makes some banging ass food! I watched his Good Eats show last night about using wonton wrappers for different applications. I quickly took notice of his use of the wrappers to make Potstickers. Excellent show and excellent recipe. I made them for dinner tonight and couldn't keep them on the plate. Every one tore through them like a tornado in a trailer park! Not alot of prep work, but quite a bit of actual cooking and making the potstickers for cooking. I'll make them again, but with help and 3 pans going at once to keep up with the demand as opposed to just one. They will be great horse doovers for a party if made a day ahead and frozen, then defrosted during the day and cooked in bulk amount of pans. Excellent Asian dish, but doesn't taste Asian, so even people who don't like Asian food will enjoy it! As long as you lie about it a little! LOL Fix these with some Asian BBQ wings, spring rolls, egg rolls, sushi and veggies and dip and it'll be a hit! Recipe is as follows:

Alton Browns Perfect Potstickers

Ingredients

1/2 pound ground pork
    1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
    2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    2 teaspoons ketchup
    1 teaspoon yellow mustard
    2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon light brown sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    35 to 40 small wonton wrappers
    Water, for sealing wontons
    3 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying
    1 1/3 cups chicken stock, divided

Directions

Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.

Combine the first 11 ingredients in a medium-size mixing bowl (pork through cayenne). Set aside.

To form the dumplings, remove 1 wonton wrapper from the package, covering the others with a damp cloth. Brush 2 of the edges of the wrapper lightly with water. Place 1/2 rounded teaspoon of the pork mixture in the center of the wrapper. Fold over, seal edges, and shape as desired. Set on a sheet pan and cover with a damp cloth. Repeat procedure until all of the filling is gone.

Heat a 12-inch saute pan over medium heat. Brush with vegetable oil once hot. Very little oil is needed. VERY little. About a light table spoon. You want them to stick, hence the name "PotSTICKERS". The chicken broth will release them, so don't worry! Add 8 to 10 potstickers at a time to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, without touching. Once the 2 minutes are up, gently add 1/3 cup chicken stock to the pan, turn the heat down to low, cover, and cook for another 2 -3 minutes. Remove wontons using tongs GENTLY, to a heatproof platter and place in the warm oven. Clean the pan in between batches by pouring in water and allowing the pan to deglaze. Repeat until all the wontons are cooked. Serve immediately.

Remember!!!! DEGLAZE THE PAN EACH TIME BETWEEN COOKING THE POTSTICKERS!!!! Burned glaze tastes just nasty. Serve with Hoi-Sin Sauce, Soy Sauce, Duck Sauce, Wasabi (HOT!!!!!) or Tiger Sauce(HOT!!!!) or even a little bit of sweet and sour, or some General Tso's Sauce. Asian BBQ is good as a dip as well. Use your imagination and have fun! Stay away from American BBQ sauces as they are too heavy and too rich.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Nine lives, remember? ✿ Cherokee Rose ✿'s Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Coconut and chocolate chip cookies

Ingredients

150 gr (5.29 oz.) of flour
    50 gr (1.76 oz.) of coconut flour
    80 gr (2.82 oz.) of cold butter cut into little pieces
    5 gr (0.18 oz.) of baking powder
    1 egg
    120 gr (4.23 oz) of sugar
    1 sachet of vanillin
    60 gr (2.12 oz) of chocolate chips

- In a bowl mix the flour, the baking powder and the butter with your hands until the mixture is homogeneous.

- Add the sugar, the coconut flour, the vanillin and the egg to the mixture.

- Knead the mixture again, then add the chocolate chips.

- Shape the mixture into small balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Mash the little balls slightly and sprinkle them with a bit of coconut flour.

- Bake the cookies in a preheated ventilated oven at 180 °C (356 F) for about 10 minutes. When they're ready... Enjoy them! :)

Here's the result!
    Spoiler Spoiler:

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    I've been working on making my own tart dough recipe for a long while now and this one is the winner.

Pistachio tart dough

1cup pistachios
    2 cups flour
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 1/2 sticks butter (very cold)
    1 vanilla bean
    2 tablespoons- 1/4cup ice cold water

Combine pistachios and flour in a food processor. Process until the pistachios are very finely ground (a few larger bits are okay but generally you want them fine) split the vanilla bean, scrape all of the seeds into the sugar, once it's scraped discard the vanilla bean. Add vanilla bean sugar to the pistachio mix and pulse until it's all incorporated. Cut cold butter into chunks and add to the mixture, pulse it until you can't see any large bits of butter anymore. Lastly, add a bit of cold water at a time until the dough slightly combines. If you pull it out and it's too crumbly add a little more water but be careful it can turn the dough too sticky and make it tough when it bakes.

If you want to make tarts use little tart pans and dock the dough after it rests in the fridge for a bit and I would bake it on 400 for 8-10 minutes.

The dish I used this dough for was a lemon sabayon tart with vanilla-cardamom whipped cream and macerated blackberries :p. I can post other parts of the recipe but the sabayon (filling) is a real pain to make. Haha

You can also make a free form tart with this or a pie, or a crostada which are increasingly popular now.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Liz's Easy Peanut Butter Cake

*1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix

4 Tablespoons Peanut butter

Prepare Cake Mix as Directed on box and add Peanut butter mix well..

Pour into Cake Pan lightly coated with non stick spray. Bake at 325 for about 30 min or until done ..

*You can use Chocolate Cake Mix kids love it but I prefer the Yellow Cake Mix..

Easy Peanut Butter Frosting

*1 Can of Vanilla Frosting

4 Tablespoons Peanut butter

Melt frosting slightly in Microwave to thin it out some add Peanut butter and Mix well..

*You can use Chocolate Frosting instead of Vanilla Frosting.. I prefer the Vanilla myself.

* Some of my family members also like to make the Yellow Cake Mix Peanut Butter Cake and Frost with The Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting..sort of like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cake...You can also make this recipe into cupcakes ...just keep an eye on them so that they don't burn...the peanut butter makes them bake a little faster than regular cup cakes...

Enjoy :)

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Nine lives, remember? ✿ Cherokee Rose ✿'s Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This one is a must. I highly recommend trying it if you like extra sweet food!

Mars and puffed rice cake

Ingredients:

- 200 gr. of puffed rice (preferably Rice Krispies)

- 7 Mars bars (approximately 300 gr.)

- 80 gr. of butter

To decorate:

- 100 gr. of milk chocolate

1) Cover a baking tin with baking paper.

2) Cut the Mars bars into small pieces and melt them into a casserole with the butter (you can also use the microwave oven).

3) When the mixture will be well blended, add it to the puffed rice and stir quickly to mix everything. Be careful, you have to do this very quickly because the caramel in Mars will solidify quickly!

4) Pour the mixture into the baking tin and level it.

5) Put the cake into the refrigerator to firm up for an hour.

6) Remove the cake from the baking tin and decorate it: melt the milk chocolate with the microwave oven, put it in a pastry bag and use it to spread the melted chocolate on the cake.

7) Enjoy! :)

And here's the result:

Spoiler Spoiler:

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    Cherokee Rose,

The European Mars Bar is not the US Mars Bar. I think it's closer to the US Milky Way, although the US Milky Way has less caramel. Very weird. US Mars Bars have almonds. I've never understood why that would be. Even the Cadbury bars in Europe are not exactly like Cadbury products in the US. In my opinion, the European bars are far superior although since a US company bought Cadbury, that may not be true any longer.

That does look amazing. I just wanted to make sure people don't think they're making one thing and get something a bit different. Although you did include a pic of the Mars Bar cut to show it's different.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast