1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level

AMC's "Fearfest" 2013 kicks off with TWD 10/13/13 !

"NEW YORK – October 2, 2013 – AMC announces the launch of its annual AMC FEARFEST, the biggest annual horror and thriller movie marathon of the Halloween season, starting Sunday, October 13. The 19-day virtual film festival, kicking off with the season four premiere of “The Walking Dead,” celebrates the best in contemporary and classic horror genre films, including the 40th anniversary of The Exorcist and the 30th anniversary of Cujo.

AMC FEARFEST features 19 days of continuous scare-themed programming, including classic film franchises such as Halloween, The Omen, Alien, Friday the 13th and Tremors, and 10 AMC premieres including A Nightmare on Elm Street and The Amityville Horror. In addition to the on-air festivities, AMC FEARFEST will feature daily online interactive movie trivia games inviting horror movie fans to take quizzes, earn badges and challenge friends via Facebook.

AMC FEARFEST begins Sunday, October 13th at 9 PM and concludes Thursday, October 31st."

Check the schedule to learn when your favorite films air here

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Level
    Hooray! I love fearfest!!!!!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ysolde View Post
    Hooray! I love fearfest!!!!!
    Me too! I am crazy excited for TWD to start, but I love Fearfest and having horror movies on every day for the rest of the month!! I can't believe "The Exorcist" is 40 years old! Watched this movie, somehow, when I was 10 yrs old with another friend the same age and my younger brother who was 7! (Still not sure where my parents were when this was happening?) But I was scarred for life and still to this day get creeped out when I see a preview for it, so since AMC is showing it so prominently in the Fearfest promo, now my skin is crawling multiple times a day! My 13 yr old wants to watch it and while I know AMC is airing the "edited" version (I saw the unedited one at 10..again, where were my parents?), I've tried to tell him that it may be an older movie, but it will stay with you and freak you out afterward when you least expect it!? So, we're still "discussing". Anyway, between that movie and "Jaws" (saw around same age),
    I was affected for life.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Level
    My parents rented The Exorcist when I was about ten or eleven. Their whole take on appropriate movies for us to watch was quality, so The Exorcist? Made the cut. Crappy 1970s and early 1980s Disney live-action stuff? Go watch it with your friends, if you must.

So, there I was, ten years old, watching The Exorcist in the TV room late on a Saturday night (my paretns had gone to be already). I was scared, especially with the whole the demon knew about Father Karras's mother and could imitate her voice. Creeped me right out. Fortunately, I did not fully comprehend what Regan was doing to herself with that crucifix, nor did I understand that whole, extremely disturbing scene with her mother (putting her mother's face there and all that). It took me years to figure out the implications, and to ask myself something else: What the hell was Burt Dennings doing in Regan's room the night she killed him? There is some interesting subtext there, too.