Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Lizzie and Mika to follow (comic spoilers) storyline?

After watching episode 2, "Infected", I immediately began making some connections between the story line that Lizzie and Mika have been given with the story line of ... Ben and Billy in the comic series.

Spoiler Spoiler:

After the events in the comic series, Ben begins showing signs of a psychopath and eventually ...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm speculating that the Lizzie and Mika will follow the same story as Ben and Billy.

The fact that Ryan was killed as a result of being bit during the walker attack on cell block D only helps to intensify the launch of that particular connection between the TV series and the comics.

More interest will be, if this speculation is true, if the writers will choose to follow the same track in how Ben eventually dies in the comics.

Thoughts?

(Also, sorry Mods, the thread title should be "Mika", not "Mike" ... slip of the finger.)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Great connection, forgot about that connection with the twins...makes sense but I think it will be the other way around...did you see when Lizzie took the knife from Carol by the fence? I said to my wife, "Never let a crazy person have a knife!"

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal Zombie View Post
    Great connection, forgot about that connection with the twins...makes sense but I think it will be the other way around...did you see when Lizzie took the knife from Carol? I said to my wife, "Never let a crazy person have a knife!"
    I thought that too but then thought that it might be too obvious. In my mind I would think it would be almost an allegory that the weak seem to survive the longest in TWD. If that's the true trajectory of the series like Morgan alluded to, a "the meek/weak shall inherit the Earth" sort of motif, then it would make sense for Mika to kill Lizzie (if this is the way their story is going).

Part of me also wonders if it might be one of the girls that are feeding the walkers.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mynamehere View Post
    Part of me also wonders if it might be one of the girls that are feeding the walkers.
    I say it's Lizzie, she gave walkers names and probably wanted to feed them like they were stray cats

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I say it's Lizzie, she gave walkers names and probably wanted to feed them like they were stray cats
    I think so too for the exact same reasons.

I wish we could get a bit more attention to this thread. I hope we get some good discussion and speculation going about this!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Mika called Lizzie stupid for crying over Nick the zombie being "offed" and said to Carol, "She's messed up not weak" I think Lizzie kills Mika eventually

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    She is the killer, gotta be.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    I've been thinking that since I saw them.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Mika called Lizzie stupid for crying over Nick the zombie being "offed" and said to Carol, "She's messed up not weak" I think Lizzie kills Mika eventually
    Yeah so it could be that Lizzie does a complete 180 and shows that she's not weak after all. I think the loss of her father, which Carol also mentioned specifically, is the precursor to what sends Lizzie over the edge and we'll see Lizzie and Mika meet the same fates as Ben and Billy in the comics.

I could also be reading toooooo much into it but if you compare what Allen looked like in the comics with the actor who played Ryan, there's some similarity (aside from the fact that Ryan was bald).

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Well, I haven't read the comics beyond a flip-through at Barnes & Nobles. But it sounds like you are onto something.

I figure Lizzie is feeding the walkers as well. Did you notice the drawing Karen walked past as she was investigating the noise early on? Walker Nick was named as it was portrayed standing at the fence. So, yeah, there's a hang-up in that girl's mind.

So what happens to the killer bro in the GN?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast