Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #31
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    Mockingjay, the final book of The Hunger Games trilogy (great for writers)

The Gluten-free Good Health Cookbook (much more exciting than it sounds)

The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
    Regarding Mockingjay, I had read that the author stated that her experience was with play writing and therefore, all of the Hunger Games trilogy books were written in that format because she felt that it was foolproof. I loved the books. Watched the movie first though, and fell totally in love with Jennifer Lawrence.

- - - Updated - - -

I just finished the Mortal Instruments series and the Infernal Devices trilogy. My sons are avid readers and bought them all for me for Mother's Day. Haven't cried over a passage in a book in many years.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    Thanks Shiny for the recommendations ! I have due for a trip to my favorite book store and have put these on my list

3. Back To Top    #33
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    The Hunger Games trilogy was so refreshing after Twilight. A young adult series that's interesting to adults AND well-written.

4. Back To Top    #34
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    There are some really great YA books being written these days. One that I LOVED was Every Day by David Levithan. Oh so good. I'm reading one now called A Monster Calls, by Patrick Ness. Good so far.

I just finished reading The Evolution of Bruno Littlemore by Benjamin Hale. Really well written, a little long, but seriously messed up and thought-provoking.

5. Back To Top    #35
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I just finished the two Walking Dead novels. Interesting reads, not really stellar fiction, but good enough to hold your attention and make you want to find out how they end. I thought the first one was better than the second, and the first novel has a lovely twist ending that makes you view the series in a slightly different light.

Now I'm reading "Mr Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore" by Robin Sloane. I'm only on chapter two, but anything that suggests a 24 hour bookstore has to be good

6. Back To Top    #36
    Status
    I am King, everything is possible. King Grimes's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    742 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm currently reading some interesting fan-fiction of an author. It's a thrilling story really, but mostly about sabotage. You see there was this one person - a snake if you will, that got some sources from her company fired. The CEO let her stay around even though she did not deserve it, but she wasn't trusted afterwards. But the snake did not appreciate the good will of the CEO and went underground and began to poison the minds of impressionable people she'd met. Together they all decided to cause trouble for the company. But what the snake didn't know was that one of the people she called a friend was actually a foe that leaked info back to the CEO of the company. The CEO knows all about the plans, and receives daily reports about them. It's a thrilling story really. The snake has no idea that she can't trust those around her. If only she knew.

7. Back To Top    #37
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grimes View Post
    I'm currently reading some interesting fan-fiction of an author. It's a thrilling story really, but mostly about sabotage. You see there was this one person - a snake if you will, that got some sources from her company fired. The CEO let her stay around even though she did not deserve it, but she wasn't trusted afterwards. But the snake did not appreciate the good will of the CEO and went underground and began to poison the minds of impressionable people she'd met. Together they all decided to cause trouble for the company. But what the snake didn't know was that one of the people she called a friend was actually a foe that leaked info back to the CEO of the company. The CEO knows all about the plans, and receives daily reports about them. It's a thrilling story really. The snake has no idea that she can't trust those around her. If only she knew.

I love this book

8. Back To Top    #38
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    I love reading suspenseful, creative fan fiction- sounds like a terrific read to me!

9. Back To Top    #39
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNebula View Post
    The Hunger Games trilogy was so refreshing after Twilight. A young adult series that's interesting to adults AND well-written.
    This x1000. I just started the Hunger Games Trilogy. I'm halfway through the first book, even with the little bit I've read, I'm in love with it so much more than I ever could Twilight. I'm excited to dig into the story more. So much better, imo than the movie, which I loved.

10. Back To Top    #40
    Status
    Singing Sweet Home Alabama all summer long Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grimes View Post
    It's riveting. I literally can't put it down!

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast