Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #141
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie View Post
    I have The Goldfinch and haven't had a chance to begin it. I think it will be a commitment.
    Th beginning is slow and at first I couldn't grasp why the hype, but it has turned into an enjoyable read.

2. Back To Top    #142
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Indelible View Post
    Joyland by Stephen King.. ;)
    It's a great book. So is Mr. Mercedes. I'm becoming a fan of his again, with all his recent enjoyable books.

Over the past few months, I've read the Jack Reacher series of books by Lee Child. They're pretty good. It's about an ex-MP in the Army who gets wrapped up in murder investigations. Definitely worth reading.

I'm about halfway through another series now, the Prey series, by John Sandford. They're about a detective in Minneapolis who investigates murders there. They're pretty good, not great though, but worth trying.

Also read Fourth of July Creek, by Smith Henderson. It's very good.

3. Back To Top    #143
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Level
    "The Unbeliever" By Zachary Kitchen. A vampire book where the main protagonist is a one legged ex-marine. Very good.

4. Back To Top    #144
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
    It's a great book. So is Mr. Mercedes. I'm becoming a fan of his again, with all his recent enjoyable books.

Over the past few months, I've read the Jack Reacher series of books by Lee Child. They're pretty good. It's about an ex-MP in the Army who gets wrapped up in murder investigations. Definitely worth reading.

I'm about halfway through another series now, the Prey series, by John Sandford. They're about a detective in Minneapolis who investigates murders there. They're pretty good, not great though, but worth trying.

Hi, I'm actually on a waiting list at my local public library for Mr Mercedes, its that popular it seems, but if it takes too long, I may just buy it instead :) Thank you for your other recommendations Ill definitely consider them. Ill report back here , when I've finished Joyland, and give my opinion, so far so good though.. ~Cheers~ :)

5. Back To Top    #145
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level

I agree Mr Mercedes is a good one. SK is my favorite author. I take the good with the 'not so good' and enjoy him immensely.

I too read the Jack Reacher novels. I read one on a whim and ended up reading all of them in order. Quick "down and dirty" reads. More violent than language/sexual content.

Thinking I may read the Strain series since I have watching the TV series.

s*i*g*h - so many books and so little time to fit them all in.
    @Nana, thanks for your follow up comment regarding The Goldfinch.

6. Back To Top    #146
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Level
    I am on the library waiting list for Mr. Mercedes, also. I like to mix up my books and read several at a time so I just started Wild by Cheryl Strayed. Good quick read. Not as heavy as the other two I am reading, but not light reading, either.

7. Back To Top    #147
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    I am on the library waiting list for Mr. Mercedes, also. I like to mix up my books and read several at a time so I just started Wild by Cheryl Strayed. Good quick read. Not as heavy as the other two I am reading, but not light reading, either.
    I do the same thing. I am currently reading 2 books. One belongs to me so I can take my time reading it. Almost finished with the other one - will knock it out before I go to sleep. The next one in the "queue" to take its place is due at Lib on the 23rd with a day's grace period - giving me 2 days to read it . I think I can .... I think I can .... crossing fingers.

8. Back To Top    #148
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie View Post
    I agree Mr Mercedes is a good one. SK is my favorite author. I take the good with the 'not so good' and enjoy him immensely.

I too read the Jack Reacher novels. I read one on a whim and ended up reading all of them in order. Quick "down and dirty" reads. More violent than language/sexual content.

Thinking I may read the Strain series since I have watching the TV series.

s*i*g*h - so many books and so little time to fit them all in.
    @Nana, thanks for your follow up comment regarding The Goldfinch.
    The newest Jack Reacher book comes out in the next few weeks. The only thing that sucks about reading these series of books is waiting for the next one to come out. If only all authors could be as prolific as James Patterson, and release a dozen books or so a year.

I didn't realize there was a series of books that the Strain TV show is based on. I haven't seen the show, as I don't get that channel, but it certainly looks interesting. I will definitely be looking for these books. Thanks for the tip!

9. Back To Top    #149
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    The newest Jack Reacher book comes out in the next few weeks. The only thing that sucks about reading these series of books is waiting for the next one to come out. If only all authors could be as prolific as James Patterson, and release a dozen books or so a year.

I didn't realize there was a series of books that the Strain TV show is based on. I haven't seen the show, as I don't get that channel, but it certainly looks interesting. I will definitely be looking for these books. Thanks for the tip!
    Lee Child is one of my preferred authors at my local library (my second home). When the library acquires one of his books, I'm automatically at the top of the "hold" list. Seriously love my local library!

Information about the The Strain Trilogy: The reader reviews are mixed - looks like ya hate it or ya love it.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/46579-the-strain-trilogy

10. Back To Top    #150
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Level
    Paper Towns by John Green

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast