Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: How would you rate Isolation?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll

17 11.18%

53 34.87%

43 28.29%

20 13.16%

6 3.95%

4 2.63%

2 1.32%

3 1.97%

2 1.32%

2 1.32%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    I'll go with a solid 8. It's not as great as last weeks but lots of things happened this week.

Lots more people are getting sick. Hershel taking care of them, Tyreese going apeshit and Carol becoming the Angel of Death.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tenten32321 View Post
    Carol has been in the background for 3 seasons. I think it's okay if she's given some spotlight.
    That's a negative. Not at the expense of other characters, she doesn't. She was ignored in the past for others which you can agree is wrong but it's okay for her to do it to others?

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    Well, it's official. Goodbye to the fascinating character that used to be Carol and hello to Andrea 2.0. I have no words for how badly the writers screwed that up. I guess they have a rule book that states they must screw up at least one character every season. Such a waste.

I gave it a 7 because the rest of the episode was fantastic, but that ending was just terrible.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Huh? We got some Hershel, Rick, Michonne, Daryl, and holy this was a big Tyreese episode for once (We got some nice Maggie and Beth this episode too). I'm loving this seaosn so far (Not disregarding your opinion because it is your opinion and I fully repsect that) and it finally feels like they're bringing back the season 1 roots in my opinion. It's only episode 3/16 so I don't think it's fair to say which characters are pushed to the side YET. Were getting certain characters now because they can't really balance 12 characters i only 3 episodes equally. About it being predictable, again, I don't think it's fair to judge that yet until we get further along in the season. However, the character moments are gold...Such great acting. I'm guessing you predicted Carol burned the bodies? Great but a lot of people didn't.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Level
    I feel sick right now. Why is this show so fucking determined for us to hate the women? We can't go one season without the writers creating scenarios for us to hate a selected female? And to end the show with Carol's confession with no explanation? Just so we'll speculate the worst? It makes no sense. She goes from teaching children survival skills in secret to cold blooded murderer? She's shown to have tenderness and compassion in the first two episodes and she just randomly decides to kill two people in the next? Even if she believes she's doing the right thing? This is so out of character for Carol, if, it turns out, that she killed them before they turned. How does she survive in the group?

Something else has to be going on, unless they're planning to kill her off in the next few episodes. I'm ready to blow a gasket, I'm so pissed!

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bestrafen View Post
    That's a negative. Not at the expense of other characters, she doesn't. She was ignored in the past for others which you can agree is wrong but it's okay for her to do it to others?

Again, what do you want them to do in three episodes? There's not enough time and they're still fleshing them out. We got a lot of interesting character points so far. You're the only person I that is saying this. We're getting Rick, Carl, Carol, Tyreese, Hershel, Daryl, and Michonne in good chunks so far. A decent amount of Maggie, Glenn, Bob, and Beth. It's only 3 episodes in and I think we should wait it out a little longer. It's called an arc for a reason. Certain characters are more upfront and will fall in the back as others come up front for their arc.

Just a heads up, we're suppose to be getting a big Maggie episode soon, which im sure will heavily include Glenn.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    Well, it's official. Goodbye to the fascinating character that used to be Carol and hello to Andrea 2.0. I have no words for how badly the writers screwed that up. I guess they have a rule book that states they must screw up at least one character every season. Such a waste.

I gave it a 7 because the rest of the episode was fantastic, but that ending was just terrible.
    LOL I agree with you about the screwing up of at least one character a season. Tends to happen with the female characters, although they've really made Tyreese lame. I'm going to wait and see how this carol being the murderer storyline plays out before I make a final judgement on it.

This show needs to hire some of the writers of Battlestar Galactica to be in charge of the female characters. They knew how to write strong and well written female characters.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Level
    I suppose I'd give this a 7 as well, though I'm not truly sure at this point if I want it to be lower or higher. The Carol reveal was a huge deal for me and I'm still not done trying to process it.

I will say that this was definitely the most well-paced and tightly executed episode of the season so far. Every character was given at least one meaty scene to themselves (I particularly loved the Maggie/Beth dynamic that was played out).

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post

The season's young. Don't make a judgment like that just yet. I'm sure Carol did what she did for a good reason.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't get how this is ruining her character? This is making her interesting by far. Her character is changing and has done so progressively. The woman who told a little girl she was weak, told Andrea to sleep with the Gov and slice his throat open, and stabbed those little girl's father head in front of them. All in all, I don't think it's fair to judge the situation until we hear her side of the story. We know she feels guilt over it after flipping shit but I dont see how this is an Andrea 2.0? It's your opinion but I dont see how this is "Terrible writing".

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast