Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: Was Rick right to leave Carol behind?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - she's dangerous and can't be trusted

131 36.09%
  • No - she was a great asset to the group

204 56.20%
  • Undecided

28 7.71%
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #351
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick banishing Carol was a 50/50 thing.

Sure, in his Eyes Carol was a threat because she killed Karen and David and he had the Fear she might kill others as well.
    But just like she have said, they drowned in their own Blood. In this State of the Sickness no one can be saved anymore without the getting the antibiotics in time. But Michonne & co. still needed too much time for their medical supply run, so she thought it was better to kill them than letting them turn into walkers and attacking innocent people, especially the children.
    But her Fault was that she doesn't have contacted the council. No One knew about this, especially Tyreese, so he went to full rage Town and starts to punching faces.
    Carols Intentions were right. She is no cold hearted killer. But doing this on her own was the wrong decision.

Oh and something else: without her banishment she might got captured from the termites as well and Tyreese might needed to handle crazy town lizzie all on his own.
    I think someone just needs to do the dirty stuff, right? ;)

2. Back To Top    #352
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    I haven't posted in a long time and haven't read the entire thread so I apologize if I'm just repeating what's already been said.

I continue to believe Carol did the right thing. And what's interesting to me is that Season 4 is really about Rick's journey to go from the "just a farmer" mentality that Carol chided him for, to "they're screwing with the wrong people" after he tore out a throat to save Carl. We can argue over who was right and who was wrong but the bottom line is that Rick has had to become more like Carol to survive. That's the whole Season 4 tagline. And Rick will be reunited with Judith because Carol went down the path of making the hard decisions first. To me it kind of ends the argument about whether or not Carol did the right thing. I can't help but think the producers kind of hit us over the head with that theme. JMO.

3. Back To Top    #353
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Butterfly View Post
    I don't know if I ever posted in this thread yet, I feel too lazy to go back and look, but if I did I probably said yes Rick was right because back then I was being stupid and thought Carol showed no remorse for the killings. I feel different now.

I understand why Rick banished her. I really do, however, I now think he should have brought her back to the prison and let her admit to everyone and express her guilt which she did have. Let them work together as a group. Tyreese obviously wouldn't have killed her as he had the chance to do that in The Grove and didn't. Let her come back, own up to her mistakes and regain their trust. Other than the killings, Carol didn't do anything to make them distrust her. Regaining their trust can - and I believe will - be done.
    The problem I take from your theory is that Carol had no remorse over killing them....not EVEN when she finally told Tyrese. As Rick said 'this is how it was in her head,' I believe when he was telling Maggie why he left her behind.

4. Back To Top    #354
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Figurebeauty View Post
    The problem I take from your theory is that Carol had no remorse over killing them....not EVEN when she finally told Tyrese. As Rick said 'this is how it was in her head,' I believe when he was telling Maggie why he left her behind.
    You don't have to agree with what she did. You can hate her for what she did. Saying she had no remorse for what she did seems like turning a blind eye to me. how upset she got that made her kick over the water bins. She told Rick she didn't like what she did. The look of pain on her face during 'The Grove' when Tyreese was talking about missing Karen. So far in season 5 we've seen Carol struggling with the choices she's made. Seems pretty remorseful to me

5. Back To Top    #355
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    She always had remorse for it. She just stood by her decision and wasn't prepared to show weakness just as Rick didn't show weakness or remorse about his decision to kill Shane. Not interested in an off topic debate about the differences as to why Rick killed Shane, just about the mindset afterwards. She felt that she did the right thing for the group as a whole and wasn't anywhere the point of being ready to admit to anyone that she may have been in the wrong. By the time she admitted it to Tyreese it was obvious that remorse was present. If there was no remorse then she would still be in denial that she had done anything wrong and wouldn't have given him the option to kill her as she would see no reason for him feeling justified in wanting to do so.

6. Back To Top    #356
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Level
    I didn't think Carol had remorse over the killings either at first. But with a good rewatch I realized she did. Her remorse is everywhere.

7. Back To Top    #357
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    She needed to express remorse instead of defend her actions with self righteousness, in order for me to not see her as a danger to herself and others after that event.

8. Back To Top    #358
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    Fact is she did show remorse. Not straight away but eventually, didn't she say something along the lines of doing what she did haunts her everyday? She also gave Tyresse a damn gun and said to him to kill her if that's what he wants, I'd that doesn't show guilt/remorse over her actions then I don't know what does
    Last edited by Will; February 7th, 2015 at 07:58 PM.

9. Back To Top    #359
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    She needed to express remorse instead of defend her actions with self righteousness, in order for me to not see her as a danger to herself and others after that event.
    Just because someone doesn't wear their feelings on their sleeve doesn't mean that they aren't there.

10. Back To Top    #360
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymkr10297 View Post
    You don't have to agree with what she did. You can hate her for what she did. Saying she had no remorse for what she did seems like turning a blind eye to me. how upset she got that made her kick over the water bins. She told Rick she didn't like what she did. The look of pain on her face during 'The Grove' when Tyreese was talking about missing Karen. So far in season 5 we've seen Carol struggling with the choices she's made. Seems pretty remorseful to me
    U could easily infer that her kicking over the water cans was not at all remorse. U could easily perceive as I do that she was upset at the situation it put her in, and the pain it caused Tyrese. That doesn't change the fact she STILL thought she made the right decision, as she herself continues to say that she 'had no choice' and 'someone had to.....' She believes with absolute conviction she had no other choice, which is SCARY. the fact remains that she did NOT 'have to' and was wrong as all hell for killing them. If that were Sophia coughing with that illness in play, she would have made every excuse in the world to keep the others from making a decision like that, not that any of the others would because I think she is the only who would think that was a valid decision making process. U r we
    come as can be to ur opinion, as I am to mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HateForTheMasses View Post
    Just because someone doesn't wear their feelings on their sleeve doesn't mean that they aren't there.
    Her only remorse was 1) she got caught. And 2) she got exiled. And 3) she ended up Ina situation where she needed Tyreese after killing his woman.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast