Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: Was Rick right to leave Carol behind?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - she's dangerous and can't be trusted

131 36.09%
  • No - she was a great asset to the group

204 56.20%
  • Undecided

28 7.71%
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
  1. Back To Top    #361
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Figurebeauty View Post
    U could easily infer that her kicking over the water cans was not at all remorse. U could easily perceive as I do that she was upset at the situation it put her in, and the pain it caused Tyrese. That doesn't change the fact she STILL thought she made the right decision, as she herself continues to say that she 'had no choice' and 'someone had to.....' She believes with absolute conviction she had no other choice, which is SCARY. the fact remains that she did NOT 'have to' and was wrong as all hell for killing them. If that were Sophia coughing with that illness in play, she would have made every excuse in the world to keep the others from making a decision like that, not that any of the others would because I think she is the only who would think that was a valid decision making process. U r we
    come as can be to ur opinion, as I am to mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Her only recourse was 1) she got caught. And 2) she got exiled. And 3) she ended up Ina situation where she needed Tyreese after killing his woman.
    You make her out to be a sociopath, but then turn around and just said that she was upset at the pain it caused Tyreese. It's possible to kill someone and be remorseful for it. She exhibited plenty of remorse over Lizzie, but she still felt like she made the right decision. Same thing with Karen and David.

She could have easily denied it to Rick amd he couldn't have proven it. It would have been her word against his theory. The sweet woman that is helping the sick versus the guy that recently suffered from hallucination of his wife amd had to abandon his post as leader. She didn't need Tyreese. She had made it just fine in her own and could have done it again. For someone that feels no remorse she sure went way out of her way to find Ty and the girls amd then risked her own life to save the very person that exiled her. Those aren't the kind of things that a cold and heartless person does.

2. Back To Top    #362
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I didn't say she was heartless. However, I do believe her decision making process is dangerously flawed.

3. Back To Top    #363
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    I didn't say she was heartless. However, I do believe her decision making process is dangerously flawed.
    Killing them was a flawed decision. I dont think that anyone is trying to deny that. Outside of that one poor decision I don't see where she is any more flawed in her decision making than anyone else on the show.

4. Back To Top    #364
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Level
    To be honest, I have mixed feelings over this whole ordeal. I don't really think it was fair of Rick to abandon Carol, just like I don't think it was fair of Carol to be make the decision to do what she did on her own. Even, though I believe Rick should have let everyone else also have a say in deciding what to do with her, I want to believe that he was trying to save her life since Tyreese was, during that time any way, hell-bent on killing the person who killed Karen and David, Karen more so.

5. Back To Top    #365
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymkr10297 View Post
    You don't have to agree with what she did. You can hate her for what she did. Saying she had no remorse for what she did seems like turning a blind eye to me. how upset she got that made her kick over the water bins. She told Rick she didn't like what she did. The look of pain on her face during 'The Grove' when Tyreese was talking about missing Karen. So far in season 5 we've seen Carol struggling with the choices she's made. Seems pretty remorseful to me
    What is, by definition, remorse? LOL

also, I don't hate her at all. I just think some switch in her mind is eerily parallel to Lizzy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Elsa View Post
    To be honest, I have mixed feelings over this whole ordeal. I don't really think it was fair of Rick to abandon Carol, just like I don't think it was fair of Carol to be make the decision to do what she did on her own. Even, though I believe Rick should have let everyone else also have a say in deciding what to do with her, I want to believe that he was trying to save her life since Tyreese was, during that time any way, hell-bent on killing the person who killed Karen and David, Karen more so.
    i like ur balanced approach to the matter. I don't necessarily agree, but I do think there is a serious problem with her decision making and arrogant self righteousness. I know it may make me sound anti Carol andI am I'm not. . I just think she is being written too self righteous and a lil too 'off.'

6. Back To Top    #366
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    I just think some switch in her mind is eerily parallel to Lizzy.
    And now you're comparing her to a child that was exhibiting very similar traits to what Jeffrey Dahmer did at that age. Not even close. I'm waiting on a Hitler comparison to come next. Please explain to me how killing two people that were probably going to die anyways in order to attempt to save everyone you care about compares to killing your sister that is healthy in order to transform her into something that she is capable of loving because her fascination with death only allows her to care about things that are dead. one involves severe mental illness and the other was poor judgment with good motive. Carol didn't kill them to serve a personal need like Lizzie did.

7. Back To Top    #367
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm comparing her decision making process to that of a child, and comparing the way she attempts to justify it to herself and others....she thinks she 'had to do it.' Lizzy thought she had to kill Mika. Both used a sort of self righteous ('I know I'm right dammit') kind of attitude in attempt to get others to accept the murders.

8. Back To Top    #368
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1016 Post(s)
    I'm comparing her decision making process to that of a child, and comparing the way she attempts to justify it to herself and others....she thinks she 'had to do it.' Lizzy thought she had to kill Mika. Both used a sort of self righteous ('I know I'm right dammit') kind of attitude in attempt to get others to accept the murders.
    Motives Couldnt possibly be more different. One was rationalized based on a delusion caused by a mental illness. In Lizzie's mind she wasn't even killing Mika. She was transforming her. She was unable to relate to and love living humans. She wanted a sister she could love and to prove to others that it's ok to love the dead. Carol was genuinely attempting to save those she cared about by stopping the spread of a deadly virus. She just didn't have the medical knowledge to be know that it wouldn't work. Carol has shown remorse for her actions. She is able to apply cognitive reasoning skills to her actions that are based in reality. Lizzie was living under a delusion amd would have never been capable of understanding that what she did was wrong. Lizzie would have never been able to stop killing. Carol will only kill out of necessity and I belive has learned from her mistake.

Carl killig Jody is actually a far better comparison to make to Carol killing Karen and David. It's still not perfect, but it can at least be argued that his motive was similar.

9. Back To Top    #369
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    While I don't think he should have left her, I love the rest of your post!

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637