Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: Was Rick right to leave Carol behind?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - she's dangerous and can't be trusted

131 36.09%
  • No - she was a great asset to the group

204 56.20%
  • Undecided

28 7.71%
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level

Was Rick right to leave Carol?

For me he WAS right to take action, if I was put in that position I would've done the exact same thing. Considering he has his own children to take care of as well as other children and everybody else at the prison (the majority of whom are sick) it just wouldn't of been very wise IMO to take Carol back to the prison with him.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    He definitely made the right call. Carol is a threat and she doesn't see anything wrong with what she's done. Rick's protecting his own, without any unnecesary killing. The way I see it, he also did Carol a favour - Tyreese would've killed her the moment he found out about what she's done. Also it's great to see Rick acting as a leader again.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick definitely made the right decision. Carol proved herself to be a threat to the group and they can't trust her anymore. Not only because she murdered two innocent, defenseless people who presented no threat to anyone, but also because she refused to accept or even acknowledge that what she did was completely unnecessary and wrong. She couldn't even admit that it was pointless and served no purpose. She just kept making lame excuses and claiming that she had to do it. To top it all off, she sends two more innocent people on a suicide mission knowing full well that neither was capable of dealing with walkers, one was handicapped, and the other was injured. And all she had to say to Rick after seeing Ana get eaten and the boy MIA was "it was a nice watch". Considering a watch more significant than the lives of two innocent people is beyond cold. Unlike Carol, Rick actually did what was necessary to protect the group - and he was the only one who could do it because the rest of the council is currently out of commission.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Well, I guess she didn't give a good answer to Ricks 3 questions.

I think it was also important how much she spoke about Ed this episode. It's almost like she is the abused who has morphed into the abuser.

Or a less satisfying way of looking at it, she never really changed that much from the person who looked over her shoulder at Ed and mused, "That's just the way it is". Someone who does things behind the scenes to maintain an illusion of normalcy or stability.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    I definitely believe he made the right call. Old Rick would have brushed something so horrible underneathe the rug, but new Rick (the same one that's trying to teach Carl that hey, it's not okay to go killing folks) did the right thing. The thing is Carol had to pay for her actions. A lot of people are brushing this off and acting so indignant because she is suffering consequences for her actions. This woman, who got so up and arms talking about "I thought you weren't making decisions for everyone, Rick?" when she's the one who made the dang decision to kill Karen and David for everyone, deserved the flack she got from him.

People want to call him a hypocrite and all kinds of names, don't seem to understand that these deaths were significantly different than any human vs human death before. Karen and David didn't represent any kind of threat, except that they were sick. And for Carol to think that's any kind of legit reason to kill these people means she's way out of touch and she needs to get her mind right. Karen and David weren't the only ones sick, she had known about Patrick and yet still she thought she could take these two people's lives as if they weren't there helping at the prison, interacting with the group, and generally living out the same hell they've all been through.

I mean this woman was like "Nobody has to know". What do you mean they don't have to know? This ain't like you stole something from a cookie jar, you killed somebody. Carl got so much flack for killing that boy, Michonne and Rick got some much flack for leaving that hitchhiker behind from the fandom, hell people were mad that Michonne killed walker Penny, but god forbid Carol turn into a killer for the lame excuse (I DID IT FOR THE GROUP), fandom doesn't give a crap. And that right there is some true hypocrisy right there.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    I mean this woman was like "Nobody has to know". What do you mean they don't have to know? This ain't like you stole something from a cookie jar, you killed somebody.
    As much as I hate this storyline for Carol, I think Rick did the right thing. I knew after last weeks episode that he would take her out on this run and either abandon her, or kill her. If he brought her back to the prison, Tyreese and possibly others would want her dead. I'm just now curious about what he'll tell the group and how they'll feel about it.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by annabanana View Post
    As much as I hate this storyline for Carol, I think Rick did the right thing. I knew after last weeks episode that he would take her out on this run and either abandon her, or kill her. If he brought her back to the prison, Tyreese and possibly others would want her dead. I'm just now curious about what he'll tell the group and how they'll feel about it.
    Me personally, I hope he just comes out and tells everyone what happened. I know people are afraid about Ty's reaction, but with Carol not there and with the help of people like Michonne, he can be calmed down and made to see sense. I'm hoping that Rick does not lie about what went down with Carol because the others need to be able to work through their feelings and reactions toward her actions.
    It's a good thing she's not there, because the temptation for people to blow up at her and cause irreparable damage (relationship wise) would have been too great.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Carol is my fav character at the moment, and I also think Rick did the right thing. Just imagine if she comes back with him, and then Tyreese comes back and asks Rick for explanations, if he had found the one who killed Karen and David... if he tells it was Carol, Tyreese would kill her...

Rick abandoning her also shows he has compassion for her, that he thinks it's not only better for the prison team if she goes away, but for herself too. Because then at least she has a shot to survive and not be killed in the prison. It was a coherent decision by Rick. I just hope the writers won't do to Carol what they did to Andrea.

Nevertheless I don't see much of a difference between what Carol did to what Carl did in S03 finale killing that guy. Imo, Karen and David infected could be a bigger treat than that guy. Maybe what made Rick do it was that he owned explanations to someone else, not to himself only.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Yes. Rick realized that this was Shane 2.0 in the making. Carol second guessed his decision for the fresh meat to lay low, and see where it got them. He also knew Ty would crush her skull in, so to divert all that he made this choice. Although, if you ask me, choosing Ty over Carol was a mistake.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm leaning towards he was wrong. He unilaterally made a decision, with no input because of a decision Carol made by herself. It was hypocritical. He also left a woman by herself in the ZA to fend for herself, find a group on her own. What if she ends up with a group like Randall's and she ends up getting raped? At least at the prison (HELLO? IT'S A PRISON!!!) he could have locked her up until the group made a decision about her fate. It's no better than what he did to the hitchhiker. He was judge, jury and executioner.

It broke my heart to watch her so easily accept his decision. I think she knew it was coming as soon as she stepped into the car with him that day. She could have fought, pleaded more, but she just steeled herself and accepted the fate Rick bestowed upon her. I hate that she's out there all by herself, when everything she has done has been for everyone else, no matter how misguided and wrong we think it was. I wanted to climb through the screen, get in that shitty wagon and ride off with her into the sunset, Thelma and Louise style.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast