Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    @theWalkingKwame I say it was dumb because for a character that supposed to be one of the smarter members of the group it seems dumb to take a herd of say 50 walkers and lead them into a closed space (terminus), it could endanger both her and the group, sure I doubt anybody would die (and going by videos we've seen nobody does), what I'm saying for somebody who is meant to be smart and fit for survival it just seems a really dumb idea to do something as extreme as that, putting everybodies lives at risk.
    If that's how it goes down though I'll give her credit as it takes some serious balls to do something that extreme. Merle would be proud.
    I think the herd is coming to Terminus regardless but I think they're going to be entering from the back (where there are gates) and naturally the Termites will utilize what Rick and co did at the prison (stabbing them in the head through the gate). If the Termites keep that steadily going, they can stop them from entering. I think Carol is just going to find a way for them to get inside to be honest. What else is there to do? The walkers are stupid and her friends are in danger.

Act fast. That's Carol's motto. She's covered her own tracks but covering herself in walker blood but she doesn't have the luxury of telling everyone what she's going to do but she trusts that they can handle themselves when that time comes.

Better than getting bludgeoned to death and eaten by cannibals, right?

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Level
    I heard is a rip-off from the comics? Using a walker herd as a weapon? So I don't know why it would be "dumb" only if Carol did it?

If she has walker guts all over herself and everyone has weapons and a good scape plan it could work. It's not like they're not already in danger.

The thing about how it would be unrealistic for Carol to do it is bullshit. Glenn used to be a pizza delivery guy and he showed himself to be one of the best to deal with walkers etc. Maggie was a farmer daughter. It may be unrealistic but not any more unrealistic than if it was any other character.

At first I didn't understand how would that work out either but not because it was Carol but because of the action itself. Now that it looks like it's happening we'll have to wait and see.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    I get it. I guess. When Merle tries to attract and herd walkers with his car's tape deck blasting, it's strategy, but when Carol tries to herd walkers, it's not such a good idea?

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm thinking the herd carol and tyreese encounter in the sneak peek may already be heading towards terminus, the shoot out in "A" was bound to have attracted the walkers, just like the prison battle! If carol and ty were close enough did they hear it too, and in finding the cabin we see ty in do they decide it needs to be checked out! This is perhaps where they get time to gut a walker and hence carol going into terminus. That shot of her in the grass may be linked to rick and co being dragged by the termites, is she watching realising her people are in there! I'm not thinking she is going all Rambo but she may have a part in helping the women escape assuming they are still locked up, then they can together cause mayhem and interrupt whatever Gareth is doing to the men!

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Rock Your Own World! Element Girl's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by famouslastwords View Post
    I heard is a rip-off from the comics? Using a walker herd as a weapon? So I don't know why it would be "dumb" only if Carol did it?

If she has walker guts all over herself and everyone has weapons and a good scape plan it could work. It's not like they're not already in danger.

The thing about how it would be unrealistic for Carol to do it is bullshit. Glenn used to be a pizza delivery guy and he showed himself to be one of the best to deal with walkers etc. Maggie was a farmer daughter. It may be unrealistic but not any more unrealistic than if it was any other character.

At first I didn't understand how would that work out either but not because it was Carol but because of the action itself. Now that it looks like it's happening we'll have to wait and see.
    If realism is an issue for anyone, they should not watch this show. The whole premise is unrealistic. LMAO!

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    @theWalkingKwame I say it was dumb because for a character that supposed to be one of the smarter members of the group it seems dumb to take a herd of say 50 walkers and lead them into a closed space (terminus), it could endanger both her and the group, sure I doubt anybody would die (and going by videos we've seen nobody does), what I'm saying for somebody who is meant to be smart and fit for survival it just seems a really dumb idea to do something as extreme as that, putting everybodies lives at risk.
    If that's how it goes down though I'll give her credit as it takes some serious balls to do something that extreme. Merle would be proud.
    How would it be any different from Rick and Glen covering themselves in walker guts and walking thru all the walkers in season one? Granted there was two of them, but they did it to help the group also.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Walking Kwame View Post
    To be honest, I honestly think there's a herd already come for Terminus and Carol uses an explosion to let the walkers inside. Is it really stupid to do that?

She literally has NO other options. She can't kill every Termite so she's going to have to let the zombies in so they can do that for them. I'm not sure how protected Terminus is but I do know that they have gates and the only way to get those gates down without a tank is an explosion.

Unless there's a lock in which she can open and let the zombies in, the explosion may be their own chance. She probably also knows that it'll distract them from KILLING HER FAMILY. So she has to GIVE THEM A FIGHTING CHANCE. @Will

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see either as stupidly unbelievable. The group is being held captive by 20-30 people. Carol can't kill them all by herself. So she has to use the walkers.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it dumb though? Can you think of a smarter plan to save EVERYONE?

- - - Updated - - -

The herd needs a way into Terminus so honestly she's not going to fail because I think she's going to find a way to let the zombies in. And judging by the trailer, there are NO casualties on Rick's side so her plan worked, honestly. Guess we'll see in a month.

- - - Updated - - -

There aren't much choices. Should Carol wait it out while her friends are butchered or should she act fast and cause havoc? WE ALL KNOW CAROL IS ABOUT ACTING FAST.

I think in the grand scheme of things, and judging from the trailer, no one gets hurt on Rick's side so honestly whatever Carol does works in the end.
    @The Walking Kwame I totally agree with all you have said.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm pretty sure this is already mentions in the screen caps thread for the season 5 thread.

I don't really see what's to discuss with this though? Carol sneaks into Terminus after learning (possibly seeing) that the others are in trouble so she decides to go in all Rambo like and try to save their asses only to fail because the massive herd of walkers will do that anyway.
    Are you always rude to brand new members who are fan's of Carol? Honestly, if your angry about Carol's Arc. Best you not watch the new season, MMB has filmed for a great deal of it.

If you don't want to discuss the spoiler of Carol dressed as a walker don't comment. I for one am interested in what involvement Carol has in the take down of Terminus, does she do it alone, possibly, does Ty stay behind or what.

I also wonder if this is after the orginal excape is she part of a group or is there more of them? Did they escape and some get recaptured? does this link back to the scene with the men gagged and bound? Is she going back in with the women? Abe and co? so many questions
    Last edited by ~Rambles~; September 11th, 2014 at 06:40 AM.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bestrafen View Post
    This is one of the aspects of the show which displeases me. Understandably, Carol fans are sure to love it because it makes her out to be some super warrior but that speculated situation is just so out of character that it makes zero sense. At all.

It's something I would expect from other characters, not Carol. She can do great things but this is just over-the-top stupidly unbelievable.

I often agree with you on many things, @Bestrafen, but on this opinion I disagree. I don't think it's so outrageous and beyond her character, given how she has changed. The murders of Karen and David were out of character, but they're canon to the series now and with those things in mind, and how she genuinely cares about the people from Team Prison: I do not find her doing something like leading a herd of walkers into Terminus too far fetched given what the showrunner has given us. I am still not so certain she's leading a herd to Terminus, I mean she may be doing this to lead a herd away from Tyreese and Judith, or in a situation similar to Glenn and Rick in series one where she has to get to another location and it's her only option, but if they went with ninja Carol to liberate Team Prison from Terminus then I don't think it's out of character with what they have given us in series four.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Totally speculation but maybe she isn't leading the herd of walkers, but rather, using camouflage to pass through it to get to a walker obstructed destination.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    Totally speculation but maybe she isn't leading the herd of walkers, but rather, using camouflage to pass through it to get to a walker obstructed destination.
    I think that's probably the more likely situation.........One possibility is that those clips in the trailer of someone looking through a fence at Rick,Daryl etc being dragged are from Carol's viewpoint, she's trying to get in but the herd from the clip with Tyreese/Carol/Judith breaks into Terminus before she can get in so she camouflages herself to get in unnoticed??
    Maybe???

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast