Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level

Is any episode in the first 8 episodes in season 4 better than "Seed" or "Clear?"

This mid-season finale is the last chance to give us a top 5 or top 10 episode. So far, I'm in the minority in that the Carol exile episode or the two Governor episodes have been the best of this season, solid but not top 10 IMHO, with a nod to the moment where Rick slaughters his pigs but that's really a beat within an episode moreso than a great episode.

Hoping Too Far Gone is amazing.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Level
    Moving to "General Episode Discussion."

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    See this is a tricky question. Because I think seed and clear were diamonds in the rough whereas season 4 has been very consistent . I think season 4 will really get into it from ep 8 - 16

But I do think episode 5 (internment?) is better than seed . I also think episode 2 was very strong this season. Many very strong episodes and the clunkers aren't as bad as the s3 clunkers . I think Scott may be going for consistency and a build up to good moments. Hopefully. That's just my two cents but so far I like this season.

There hasn't been an episode up to this point this season that I've thought was horrible . At this time last year I could have named you about 3 that were horrible .

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Level
    I consider Seed and Clear A+s in a season that ended up B minus. I consider every episode so far this season an A- at minimum.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Hard to say, some episodes are great because of the characters interaction, others because of the action, others the tension etc. Its a tuff one I'd have to see what episodes I think are excellent for the same reason so I can compare apples to apples (thats just me). This season I have thought all the episodes excellent (save the first which was OK IMO). I may still be stinging from last season, which except for a few (like those you mention) was not good, so now everyting looks great. I'm sure theyll have another TWD marathon and seeing them all back to back could give me a better perspective.

**Am I the only one who buys the DVD sets and still watches the marathons? (I know weird right.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think so. None of these 7 episodes have been memorable to me. They've been ok-good at best. Interment and Live bait being the best IMO but neither one of them nearly as good as clear. They are pretty close to seed though. I'd have to watch them again and compare.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Episode 5 was a top five for me. I liked the Rick/Carl partnership and Hershel could have been a one- man show. I too am hoping episode 8 is a good one.
    Last edited by egon8; November 28th, 2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Posted incomplete

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    They've all been better than Seed IMO. Indifference and Internment were better than Clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rtr2010 View Post
    I consider Seed and Clear A+s in a season that ended up B minus. I consider every episode so far this season an A- at minimum.
    I agree. My only gripe with this season so far is that some of the characters have been sidelined, but that can still be fixed in the second half of the season.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Level
    Every episode except Dead Weight is far superior, IMO.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Up until Dead Weight, this season has been all killer, no filler, but except for #5, none have been great as stand alones, they have been excellent together. I didn't like Dead Weight much for all the same reasons that Woodbury pissed me off last year. This year has just been so much more IMAGINATIVE than last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast