Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: How would you rate Too Far Gone?

Voters
239. You may not vote on this poll

161 67.36%

50 20.92%

12 5.02%

3 1.26%

2 0.84%

5 2.09%

1 0.42%

3 1.26%

0 0%

2 0.84%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #141
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by cmike5290 View Post
    Remember the fence gave in during episode 5, Rick and Carl killed all the walkers that were at the fence, which is why it was so clear when the Governor showed up ...which is why Hershel and Michonne were burning the walkers outside the fence when the Governor kidnapped them
    True, but it's not like every walker within a short distance got in and was killed that night by Rick and Carl. Look at how many sprung up and headed towards the prison during the battle scenes once it got going. Also, I think it's important to remember that in the opening episode Carol was explaining to Daryl how the occurrence of small herds around the prison was happening more frequently then normal. "They don't spread out anymore."

I just had a hard time watching the Governor and his people just stand there with no walkers around as a threat considering that every other scene we had of the prison group outside of the prison gates, there were plenty of walkers around to the point they posed a threat. (Michonne on her horse and Carol fixing the water pump as examples.)

Sure it could be that they silently killed those nearest to the prison, but I just don't find that believe given what previous episodes have shown.

2. Back To Top    #142
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
    True, but it's not like every walker within a short distance got in and was killed that night by Rick and Carl. Look at how many sprung up and headed towards the prison during the battle scenes once it got going. Also, I think it's important to remember that in the opening episode Carol was explaining to Daryl how the occurrence of small herds around the prison was happening more frequently then normal. "They don't spread out anymore."

I just had a hard time watching the Governor and his people just stand there with no walkers around as a threat considering that every other scene we had of the prison group outside of the prison gates, there were plenty of walkers around to the point they posed a threat. (Michonne on her horse and Carol fixing the water pump as examples.)

Sure it could be that they silently killed those nearest to the prison, but I just don't find that believe given what previous episodes have shown.
    glad I'm not the only one wondering about the lack of walkers at the fence... maybe the Gov knew when the walkers take their smoke break or something...

3. Back To Top    #143
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by vickih View Post
    glad I'm not the only one wondering about the lack of walkers at the fence... maybe the Gov knew when the walkers take their smoke break or something...
    Union Reps for walkers are killers

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah good point....

4. Back To Top    #144
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level

Many of them ( not all of course) where killed in the previous night ( episode 5) when they invaded the prison and Rick and Carl shoot them down, remember ?

5. Back To Top    #145
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    You know Chandler Riggs is a limited actor when Ernest Dickerson has to have Andrew Lincoln grab him from behind and push CR's facial reaction out of frame in his moment of grief after he thinks his sister "died."

curious to see how Chandler is directed and edited in episode 9 of this season in February... It will really let me know where Scott Gimple is as a filmmaker managing performances and if he's good at picking directors for subject matter.

Hoping Chandler kills it, by the way, but he's hit and miss to me.

6. Back To Top    #146
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree that we definitely need that closure on Hershel's story line. I feel like episode 9 should feature Michonne going back to put Hershel down. This episode was so action packed, they probably didn't have room for another scene with a huge emotional impact. Hershel 4 eva! I loved how he died though - he was really touched by Rick's speech, and that without him a moral compass was still with the group!

7. Back To Top    #147
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm absolutely crushed that Hershel is gone. It doesn't matter that I knew it was going to happen. It wasn't any less painful. The show won't be the same without him. But sadly, it's the nature of the show, and his age and disability always put him in the danger zone.

After the episode was over, I felt like I had gotten between the Gov and Rick in their scuffle. Man, what a massive gut punch. Brilliant and exhausting. I too hope that they're able to pay tribute to Hershel somehow when the season returns.

8. Back To Top    #148
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Solid 10 from me. Not even a question.

Everything was great - the buildup, hershel trying to negotiate his way out of it, the talk before the gates, the sad departure of a much loved character, rick and carls reactions etc. I can even overlook Daryl's ridiculous zombie shield.

The season finale will have to be something extraordinary to top what this episode did. This felt more like a season finale than a midseason finale to me. Truly wonderful stuff.

9. Back To Top    #149
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellombie View Post
    Many of them ( not all of course) where killed in the previous night ( episode 5) when they invaded the prison and Rick and Carl shoot them down, remember ?
    True, but that raises the question of shouldn't the gunfire from Rick and Carl have attracted more walkers by the time Guv'nor arrived?

10. Back To Top    #150
    Status
    Crotch Grabber baroness_strange's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm really curious as to why someone rated this episode as a 1. I wish that person would have shared their unpopular opinion.
    I just cannot process it, how could you find so much to hate in this (brilliant) episode to seriously give it 1/10?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast