1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Robert Kirkman TV Guide Interview

Some interesting excerpts:

Does Michonne feel a sense of closure having killed The Governor, or will she find that it didn't completely satiate her?
    Kirkman:
    That's definitely something we're going to be dealing with in the back half, but I'm pretty sure she'll find out that you don't quite get as much closure from those things as you think you will. She's still going to have quite a bit of that tormenting her.

Dale (Jeffrey DeMunn) was the moral center of the group before he died and then Hershel took his place. Who becomes that moral center of the group now?
    Kirkman:
    That remains to be seen, but we have proven that whoever does become that moral center is definitely in danger, so they should be on the lookout.

Is baby Judith really dead? And considering that you stayed so close to the comics in all other aspects, why didn't you choose to go the route that would follow her death in the comics more closely?
    Kirkman:
    In the comics, this was the moment where Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies) and Judith died. The story has already been changed by having Lori's death happen a little sooner. It's another one of those examples of the comic readers not really having that advance knowledge of what's going to come because something fundamental has been changed. I really like the idea of the comic readers being like, "Wait a minute, Judith was supposed to die here!" Maybe she's dead, but if she's alive, that changes the story in some interesting ways moving forward as we go into some of the other stories from the comics that happened after the prison where Judith wasn't present. It's fun to think about how she could potentially change those stories if she is alive. She certainly could be dead. There's a lot of blood in that car seat.

Read the rest of the interview here: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Walking-...s-1074084.aspx

-
    Last edited by Ripley; December 2nd, 2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: edited for copyright compliance

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    Thanks for posting this! There's so much to think about until February. Totally OT: but I just had to practically fight my kid's car seat a few minutes ago, so no way did a walker eat Judith out of her car seat without tearing those belts. They are indestructible.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Well I think Maggie's group has a good idea that Glenn is probably safe if they can find that bus and Michonne knows Rick & Carl are probably okay. but that is a thought, not only are they all split apart, but most of them don't even know if everyone survived. It's kind of like what happened with Andrea but on a much bigger scale and I think Andrea knew her group survived based on seeing them all leave, but the group didn't know she survived.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    This makes me wonder who, if anyone, Michonne ends up with. I thought it would be Rick and Carl, but Kirkman says it would just be them. I'm also wondering who this new moral center will be.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
    This makes me wonder who, if anyone, Michonne ends up with. I thought it would be Rick and Carl, but Kirkman says it would just be them. I'm also wondering who this new moral center will be.
    I would really love it if she is alone for a major part of 4x09 and finds Rick and Carl by the end of the episode. Another strong possibility could be of her joining up with Maggie, Sasha and Bob
    Last edited by Ripley; December 2nd, 2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: edited for copyright compliance

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    One thing I can say good about Robert Kirkman's interviews is that he doesn't throw us a curveball. He tells the truth regarding things to come. Salute!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    The new moral center is a tricky one. Before Karen died I would have said Tyreese, but who knows if he'll get back to that point. I hate that Hershel died but knew it was coming, and it had one hell of an impact, but I love that things are shaken up now. There's a lot of potential now that we're moving on from The Governor and the prison!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming4Spoilers View Post
    I would really love it if she is alone for a major part of 4x09 and finds Rick and Carl by the end of the episode.
    I hope this is how it plays out.

It's interesting that she will still be tormented by the Governor stuff. I wonder if she blames herself for Hershel's death. Looking forward to seeing what issues she carries with her.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeka View Post
    I hope this is how it plays out.

It's interesting that she will still be tormented by the Governor stuff. I wonder if she blames herself for Hershel's death. Looking forward to seeing what issues she carries with her.
    As do I... I think throughout the episode she goes through the motions alone and maybe we get to see the real story behind her crying with Judith.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Michonne will eventually end up with Rick and Carl after being on her own for a bit. We need Carl and Rick to have some bonding time in their grief over Judith, after all. And Carl needs his hero moment. After all, eveyone else has had one by now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast