Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #31
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    as I have said, while I do not agree with you, I do thank you for sharing your thoughts on Carol. We have had enough "heated debates" to know neither of us are going to change our minds. It was a brave thing to lay out your feelings on the character in a very public way at the risk of a sever finger wagging. You should never feel bad about your feelings towards a character. we each have very unique and at times passionate feelings for these fictional people. I'm sure we will meet and verbally spar over characters in other threads, but for this thread on the topic of YOUR feelings, we can happily agree to disagree while still respecting the right of the other person to hold those views.
    Have a good night, this is one carol fan that will not be taking you to task for expressing yourself.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Level
    Not naming any names but certain fans of certain characters because of gender, racial, sexual orientation, or political views that match theirs are going to be hard to convince William. Just like in every fandom I am a member of. With Glee, its Brittana and other shipping wars.

This may be the first single person "ship" war since Severus Snape's true loyalties.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rtr2010 View Post
    Not naming any names but certain fans of certain characters because of gender, racial, sexual orientation, or political views that match theirs are going to be hard to convince William. Just like in every fandom I am a member of. With Glee, its Brittana and other shipping wars.

This may be the first single person "ship" war since Severus Snape's true loyalties.
    Yeah I agree it's just down to their own views on the show, characters, race etc. I'm not aiming to change their opinions as they are there's and they have stood up for them the same way I have for mine.
    i can't talk about other fandoms on other shows as this is the only show forum I belong to so my opinion on them would be out of place lol.

4. Back To Top    #34
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Level
    Do you understand what a ship war is? Shipping is when you are a fan of a relationship either romantic or platonic in a show, movie, book, whatever. But it seems Carol's innocence/guilt/place in the group is becoming a truly dividing issue in the Walking Dead fandom. Almost to the point of a ship war but without another person attached (don't even bring up Caryl haha). I haven't seen a base breaking issue singled around a single character like this since Snape.

5. Back To Top    #35
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    Ahh fair enough tbf I didn't know what a shipping war is but thanks for explaining, yes you're completely right I agree the TWD fandom is split down the middle with Carol.

It eventually gets to the point where non Carol fans like me and many others don't want to comment on a Carol thread because of the reaction we will get (and to anybody thinks that's an over reaction just look at my comments on this thread - 6 dislikes for a sincere and a non argumentative approach to my opinion).

6. Back To Top    #36
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by william_1995 View Post

I have no interest in arguments or debates - these are my opinions and they won't change nor do I aim to change anybody else's but as I've said I wrote what I wrote as a way for me to express my feelings over Carol without feeling victimised for being in the minority. I've tried to be as respectful as I can in everything I've said, again I apologise if my comments have offended anybody or if my thoughts are different to yours but this is the way I feel.
    Thanks for clarifying your views regarding other characters with similar traits. No need to apologize and sorry if you were made to feel like you had to. Carol fans who spoke up in this thread made it clear that you didn't offend anyone or attempt to change people's views. I'm not sure why you've had a bunch of dislikes on your thread. I promise it wasn't me :D

The topic of this thread deviated and I take full responsibility for bringing up that can of worms. I'm sorry about that. It was not in response to your post at all, just some random thoughts floating around. I think it's important to see how other fans see characters because it's easy to overlook their flaws if they are one of your favourites.

So since you're a fan of Ty, how do you see him reacting to finding out that Carol killed his girlfriend? What do you think will happen once they find each other?

But it seems Carol's innocence/guilt/place in the group is becoming a truly dividing issue in the Walking Dead fandom.
    Gimple said they wanted to divide and split fans with this storyline. Mission accomplished.

7. Back To Top    #37
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Level
    Ahh fair enough tbf I didn't know what a shipping war is but thanks for explaining, yes you're completely right I agree the TWD fandom is split down the middle with Carol.

It eventually gets to the point where non Carol fans like me and many others don't want to comment on a Carol thread because of the reaction we will get (and to anybody thinks that's an over reaction just look at my comments on this thread - 6 dislikes for a sincere and a non argumentative approach to my opinion).
    I can tell you I wasn't one to dislike your post, hence why I responded. I try to not let the dislikes get to me. I've gotten alot in criticism of Rick and I got some in this thread. Whatever. It just means I pissed someone off with voicing my opinion. Good! Means they read it, mulled it over and thought it was worthy enough for a dislike.

You shouldn't be afraid to voice your opinion in a Carol thread. I do it in Daryl and Rick threads when I am not happy with either characters right now. This forum is not meant for all of us to sit around a fire, singing kumbaya. It's for lively discussion. As long as nobody takes it personally, and ruins the fun for everyone. I appreciate you expressing your views.

8. Back To Top    #38
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by atoizzard View Post
    Thanks for clarifying your views regarding other characters with similar traits. No need to apologize and sorry if you were made to feel like you had to. Carol fans who spoke up in this thread made it clear that you didn't offend anyone or attempt to change people's views. I'm not sure why you've had a bunch of dislikes on your thread. I promise it wasn't me :D

The topic of this thread deviated and I take full responsibility for bringing up that can of worms. I'm sorry about that. It was not in response to your post at all, just some random thoughts floating around. I think it's important to see how other fans see characters because it's easy to overlook their flaws if they are one of your favourites.

So since you're a fan of Ty, how do you see him reacting to finding out that Carol killed his girlfriend? What do you think will happen once they find each other?

Gimple said they wanted to divide and split fans with this storyline. Mission accomplished.

Yeah ah the Carol fans are a very vocal group and as for the dislikes I'm not sure either haha but it doesn't matter as long as I've got my opinion across and as muthawalker just said it means that somebody has read it and I've pissed them off over my opinion.
    As for how Ty will react I honestly do not know it can go either way I'm 90% sure he will be angry at her - understandably. I can only see him start to forgive her if she does something to save his life or something like that. But I honestly don't see her telling him straight away at least not until they meet up with others but that's just how I see things going down it probably won't happen that way but still it would be interesting to see unfold as we get further into the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Muthawalker View Post
    I can tell you I wasn't one to dislike your post, hence why I responded. I try to not let the dislikes get to me. I've gotten alot in criticism of Rick and I got some in this thread. Whatever. It just means I pissed someone off with voicing my opinion. Good! Means they read it, mulled it over and thought it was worthy enough for a dislike.

You shouldn't be afraid to voice your opinion in a Carol thread. I do it in Daryl and Rick threads when I am not happy with either characters right now. This forum is not meant for all of us to sit around a fire, singing kumbaya. It's for lively discussion. As long as nobody takes it personally, and ruins the fun for everyone. I appreciate you expressing your views.
    Yeah, to be honest the dislikes don't bother me most of the time but with this one I'm very confused as to why I got them. As I said in my OP it wasn't my intention to start an argument or debate and I said what I said as respectfully as I could say it but obviously people are t going to agree with my opinions nor do I agree with other people's opinions. I'm a very opinionated person and don't know when to shut up most of the time but that doesn't stop me haha - I do love a good ol' fashioned argument - even if it wasn't my intention for this thread

9. Back To Top    #39
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Ye

Yeah, to be honest the dislikes don't bother me most of the time but with this one I'm very confused as to why I got them. As I said in my OP it wasn't my intention to start an argument or debate and I said what I said as respectfully as I could say it but obviously people are t going to agree with my opinions nor do I agree with other people's opinions. I'm a very opinionated person and don't know when to shut up most of the time but that doesn't stop me haha - I do love a good ol' fashioned argument - even if it wasn't my intention for this thread
    I can't imagine why anyone on a Carol thread heavily populated by very zealous Carol loyalists would give you a dislike for just giving your reasons why you dislike her so much. And I can see that you weren't looking for a good ol' fashioned argument when you rehashed every Carol action for four seasons.
    Some people, go figure

10. Back To Top    #40
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level

Oh wow - flashback. I think I still have scars from that one. I once saw a rabid Snape fan tell someone they should commit suicide just because the person disagreed with them about Snape. Online fandom can be a scary place. That's one of the reasons I love this forum so much - people can have a civil discussion even when they disagree.

I think some use "dislike" as a way of saying they disagree instead of posting a one-liner.

I don't agree with everything you posted, but I think you did make some good points. Particularly about Carol feeling resentment towards Rick and not having much respect for him in season 2 - and again in season 4. But that's one of those contradictions that bugs me so much with this plot arc because they took the time to show that Carol had stopped blaming Rick for what happened to Sophia and had come to respect him in season 3. She was genuinely saddened and shared his pain when she realized that Lori had died in childbirth. They had come back around to being good friends again so it's disappointing to see this abrupt reversal in season 4. I'm starting to wonder if Gimple is trying to pretend that season 3 never happened. A lot of things in the first half of season 4 seem to be a reboot - Carol and the governor's arc are the most obvious to me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast