1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level

CBB: Robert Kirkman Explores "TWD's' Shocking Mid-Season Finale (spoilery bits)

"...On the non-death side of the show, there's Carol being banned from the group by Rick. In a comic, if you write a character out like that, it's possible to bring them back years later. But on TV, I imagine letting that story come back is trickier due to the availability of the actress and contracts and all that. It's been impressive so far, how you've been able to hold off on returns like Merle's for so long. Overall, do you think of these things in terms of, "How long can we hold this person off screen before the audience will be upset at us for not showing them?"

Robert Kirkman: It really all comes down to planning. Yeah, it's a little bit more difficult to do on television, but we never really lose track of a character without knowing exactly when we're going to pick them back up. That's really the key. Even before we had written Carol's exit from the show, we knew how and when she was going to return. With a character like that, we're not ever really going to have it be, "That's the last we'll see of them," without having it be set up as the definitive last time we'll see them. When we leave it hanging, it's with a return in mind. That's something work out in advance with characters like Merle, Carol and Morgan, but it's really all about planning. I'm happy to say that with Scott Gimple and everyone else we work with on the show, it's an idea we work hard at..."

Source

Not much that is new, here, but a few spoilery bits.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I'll take it. And I'm glad he said what he said about never leaving a character to exit without knowing there fate. Cause even though we all kinda know that. It verifies for me that Judy may still be alive.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Good read! I like the point that he notes regarding characters like Carol, Merle, and Morgan being absent for a while; maybe with "Low Winter Sun" cancelled Lennie James will be freed up to continue Morgan's story.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by aresnd View Post
    Good read! I like the point that he notes regarding characters like Carol, Merle, and Morgan being absent for a while; maybe with "Low Winter Sun" cancelled Lennie James will be freed up to continue Morgan's story.
    Before the cancellation, Lennie James was confirmed to appear in season 4. After the cancellation, it's looking likely that Morgan may even live on to season 5.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    Actually Lennie James being in Season 4 is an unconfirmed rumor with a single tweet and one article by the tweet outlet. We have a brown-tabbed tracking topic will all the evidence that it is just a rumor. If you have additional evidence that Lennie James has been confirmed supmyman7, would you please PM it to me? I'd love to see him back on the show, but this is also how rumors get started and believed so the evidence is important, thanks.