1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    The Governor's Eyepatch verytallmidget's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Level

Thoughts on PS Vita?

So it's a few days before Christmas and I know that I am receiving a PS Vita as a gift. When I'm not at work or my crossfit gym, I'm usually parked in my man-cave getting my game on. I really didnt have much to ask for this year and I figured with the PS4 having remote play, I'd ask for a vita. I've heard mixed reviews from my friends and fellow gamers; figured I'd bring my question to these forums as well.

If you own a Vita, what are the biggest pros and cons?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    I mean I want one, I often hear people say that there's not enough games but from what I saw there was a lot of games. it just depends what kind of gamer you are, if you are in to FPS games then sure there's not a lot but if you like RPGs and stuff there's a pretty good selection there.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Good idea in getting one! It is a great portable system and gets a lot of unnecessary hate. It is a good system and the cross-play features are pretty well implemented. However the biggest con is it's limited library of good games. The best on the system is Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Amazing handheld game). However 2014 looks good for the system with games like Borderlands 2 releasing on it. I would say get one now while they are common and cheap. It is a good system on the technical side of things, it is just it's game library that is lacking in content.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    The Governor's Eyepatch verytallmidget's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Level
    Thanks for the replies! I was so surprised when I opened up a present and it was Vita bundle, lol.

So, I must say that I really enjoy the system - only thing that annoys me is the pathetic battery life. I understand it has a very good display and connected to internet, but 5 hours max....???

Anyway, since I am a PS+ member, I already have a plethora of games. I purchased Killzone Mercenary (which is awesome!), Guacamelee! (which is so addicting and difficult at the same time), and TearAway. My PS+ gave me instant access to: Uncharted, Hotline Miami, Soul Sacrifice, Sonic Racing, Gravity Rush. The bundle my vita came with gave me TWD Season 1 w/DLC, Retro City Rampage, and Sly Cooper.

I've only invested time in KZ and Guac. so far, I cant stop playing them! Considering I was just off from work for the past 9 days, I'm not embarassed to say that I was playing CoD Ghosts on my PS4 and while I was waiting to respawn, I was playing KZ or Guacamelee!