1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level

Capcom believes the Resident Evil fanbase is growing old

Capcom's Resident Evil franchise is now in its 18th year of existence, and because the series has fans around the globe, it's important for the company to promote Resident Evil to different people using different methods in different regions.

"We change the points that we showcase to match the culture and characteristics of the regions,"
    explained Capcom officials in a retrospective feature on Resident Evil yesterday. According to the article, Capcom focuses on Resident Evil's "horror atmosphere" in marketing for North America, while it highlights the series' characters in Japan. That distinction is evident in each region's unique cover artwork for the most recent main entry in the franchise,

2012's Resident Evil 6:

Capcom also touched on the fact that Resident Evil's oldest fans are now in their late 30s and early 40s. Because the publisher believes there's an "increasing possibility that some percentage of the existing users will outgrow games altogether," it needs to continually grow the series' audience. So Capcom has tried thinking outside the box to market Resident Evil through non-gaming-specific avenues, such as collaborating with fashion brands to promote the series in fashion magazines. Similar ventures include the Resident Evil-themed "scare zone" at Universal Studios Japan during 2012's Halloween Horror Night, and the Biohazard Café and Grill S.T.A.R.S. in Tokyo.

"What we focus on when running promotions for Resident Evil is delivering a message that respects its 17-year story, which is a rarity in the game industry, and its world in a format that does not disappoint the expectations of users," said Tsutomu Masuda, senior manager of the promotion planning section of Capcom's consumer games marketing department.

Mother fuckers. These games are not what they used to be, but I hope to fuck they don't DMC these games. I remember an article awhile back where they spoke about the popularity of the Last of Us and maybe it would bring them back to their survival roots. Capcom fix your shit!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    Capcom is a mess.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Capcom (Or as I call it, Cashcom) are a bunch of idiots trying to money grab their fans. They can barely be called a gaming company any more. Nothing about them should be praised...they are the worst company in game. Even worse than Microsoft, Activision or EA (Yep...EA). All they do is blame their fans of low sales...who are the only people who buy the garbage they vomit out. I refuse, REFUSE, to even touch a product they have put their grubby hands on. They have done nothing for their loyal fans (Me) and have completely sold-out. They have raped and butchered the franchises that made them famous and are selling out to the parasitic casual audience. THANKFULLY this back-fired and they appear to be doomed to bankruptcy...serves the foul beings right. I HATE Cashcom with an absolute passion. They have destroyed my childhood in favor to gain a little extra cash. I am not sad they are going under...Hell, I am overjoyed they are, means their IP's can get sold off. As for this statement by them...

WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT!?!?! Do they even read gaming statistics? Most gamers are in their late 30s' to mid 40s'. They are not old and out of sync. Heck, they actually know what is good for the industry, rather than these younger games (I am one, but, I have become very knowledgeable in the gaming field). Resident Evil is one of my favorite series' of all time...the classic series anyway. The newer RE games suffer from a bloody identity crisis and want to be something they should not be. They are not Gears of War clones (The market has enough of them already), they are SURVIVAL HORROR. That genre has been left to die for some reason...because it apparently does not make money. Cashcom appear to be blind, as Dead Space sold MILLIONS of copies and a proper and true Resident Evil game would sell WAY more than a newer one. There are freaking petitions online for REmakes of 2 and 3 and for newer SURVIVAL HORROR based IP's. Cashcom's childish arrogance blinds them from understanding that a SURVIVAL HORROR Resident Evil, would sell more than a Gears of War clone...everyone is sick of them. You get a big, fat F- for your treatment towards fans Cashcom and I hope you die painfully and with no dignity. Just a shell of your former shelves...should be ashamed.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravelord View Post
    Capcom (Or as I call it, Cashcom) are a bunch of idiots trying to money grab their fans. They can barely be called a gaming company any more. Nothing about them should be praised...they are the worst company in game. Even worse than Microsoft, Activision or EA (Yep...EA). All they do is blame their fans of low sales...who are the only people who buy the garbage they vomit out. I refuse, REFUSE, to even touch a product they have put their grubby hands on. They have done nothing for their loyal fans (Me) and have completely sold-out. They have raped and butchered the franchises that made them famous and are selling out to the parasitic casual audience. THANKFULLY this back-fired and they appear to be doomed to bankruptcy...serves the foul beings right. I HATE Cashcom with an absolute passion. They have destroyed my childhood in favor to gain a little extra cash. I am not sad they are going under...Hell, I am overjoyed they are, means their IP's can get sold off. As for this statement by them...

WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT!?!?! Do they even read gaming statistics? Most gamers are in their late 30s' to mid 40s'. They are not old and out of sync. Heck, they actually know what is good for the industry, rather than these younger games (I am one, but, I have become very knowledgeable in the gaming field). Resident Evil is one of my favorite series' of all time...the classic series anyway. The newer RE games suffer from a bloody identity crisis and want to be something they should not be. They are not Gears of War clones (The market has enough of them already), they are SURVIVAL HORROR. That genre has been left to die for some reason...because it apparently does not make money. Cashcom appear to be blind, as Dead Space sold MILLIONS of copies and a proper and true Resident Evil game would sell WAY more than a newer one. There are freaking petitions online for REmakes of 2 and 3 and for newer SURVIVAL HORROR based IP's. Cashcom's childish arrogance blinds them from understanding that a SURVIVAL HORROR Resident Evil, would sell more than a Gears of War clone...everyone is sick of them. You get a big, fat F- for your treatment towards fans Cashcom and I hope you die painfully and with no dignity. Just a shell of your former shelves...should be ashamed.
    I like calling them Crapcom.

Resident Evil just needs to be rebooted, not in a hip DMC kinda reboot, but just getting back to the basics, use all of the same characters, keep the same design, everything like that from when they were first introduce but keep the series the way it was before 5, they can change a few things storywise so that we don't feel like we are playing the same game as we did back on PS1 but keep a lot of it similar. Survival Horror is starting to get popular again with games like The Last of Us, Dead Space and some indie games that we don't need RE anymore, unless they fix their shit.

I don't buy every game they put out anymore unless it's something I really want which is DuckTales Remastered, though WayForward did most of the work, it was just a Crapcom owned game. Keiji Inafune is also working on The Mighty No. 9 which means that we don't even need Mega Man games anymore (even though I'd love them, at least we have something new that we can play in place of them)

I will be sad when Crapcom falls but not because I'm a current fan of them or anything they've done in the last 7 or so years but because they used to be so good and it's a depressing story to think about how far they've fallen since their glory days.

When their IP's get sold off It's going to be great to see Platinum games finally claim back Viewtiful Joe & Okami, to see who is going to get Mega Man (hopefully Nintendo), to see who will get Monster Hunter, Dead Rising (hopefully Sony), Who will get Ghosts & Goblins, Darkstalkers, Marvel vs Crapcom, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Dragons Dogma, Onimusha, Devil May Cry, Breath of Fire, Final Fight, Strider, and Dino Crisis.

They have so many IPs that are just locked away waiting to be rescued.
    Last edited by Jay; January 26th, 2014 at 08:49 AM.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Hey, hey, hey....I love the DmC reboot and it's much better than all of the original games imho!

But...I agree that Resident Evil has royally sucked since 5. 4 was the last decent game. 5 was okay. 6 was legit boring. Revelations was actually pretty good in my opinion. I do think that it's in need of a reboot with realistic characters, realistic story, and the return back to the survival horror roots.

Think about it...A realistic fall/rehash of Racoon City with amazing graphics and realistic characters? That's something I can totally get behind.
    A Last Of Us styled Racoon City demise...Amazing thinking.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by The Walking Kwame View Post
    Hey, hey, hey....I love the DmC reboot and it's much better than all of the original games imho!

But...I agree that Resident Evil has royally sucked since 5. 4 was the last decent game. 5 was okay. 6 was legit boring. Revelations was actually pretty good in my opinion. I do think that it's in need of a reboot with realistic characters, realistic story, and the return back to the survival horror roots.

Think about it...A realistic fall/rehash of Racoon City with amazing graphics and realistic characters? That's something I can totally get behind.
    A Last Of Us styled Racoon City demise...Amazing thinking.
    As wrong as your honest opinion is I agree with the bottom half.