Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level

Daryl and Beth let's be realistic ... no love here please!!

Okay I've seen a lot of hate for the Daryl and carol relationship from the fans of bethly or deth , whatever their called, so anyway I'm not the only person on planet realistic who can never see this happening.
    Let's work on facts, the important one being Scott Gimple looked almost disgusted on the talking dead at the thought, and actually said it won't happen.
    The only way I can see this going is beth getting killed, I don't hate the character but I can't bring myself to care. She has replaced carol in the sense she is a plot device to develop Daryl, thank god cause carol truthfully doesn't need him anymore!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    I figure ship and let ship... that being said, personally I just don't see DETH happening . When I get home I can share my reasons whys, would take too long trying to type it out in my phone. I would also like to add I hate the "shipping wars" bs. As you said sg made it clear how he felt about a romantic hook up between daryl and beth. I just hope they give her a story line.. as it stands I'm not invested in the character and am bored with the women being used as plot devices for the men.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Im not hoping for a ship war its pathetic how some behave, especially when a personal attack is made on the actor portraying that role, its petty. I do like beth but putting her in a situation alone with daryl just uses her as a plot device. That scene in episode 1 about being tired of losing people was more of a reflection on daryls emotions and will carry it on in the second half of season 4 in regards to carol. I think his bond with carol is too deep for him to consider anyone else, he doesnt have it in him to connect with anyone else and is probably confused and afraid of what he feels for her!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    I personally cannot see Daryl/Beth ever working. It's been established that Daryl is socially awkward and dodges most affection thrown his way. If he were going to finally warm up to someone, I can't imagine it being a minor child. Not to mention the rest of the group probably wouldn't allow that to happen. There would be so much tension. I can't imagine Maggie being okay with it.

But hey, to each is own. It's not the most head scratching ship I've seen in TWD fandom.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    I think if they planned to go this route they would never have had Carl like Beth last season, nor would they have highlighted Axel's creepiness for hitting on her. Both go to illustrate her youth and seem to reflect the show's moral compass. Maybe this kind of pairing could happen at the end of the world, but that doesn't seem to be what this show is about. If anything, its about holding on to the morals or life before everything started.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Level
    Remember when Glenn mentioned how would Beth feel to Daryl about him leaving with Merle? It's most likely they already have a close friendship and that's why Beth felt comfortable enough to hug him. My thoughts are that Judith is the one responsible for that. I'd be really surprised if they went with making Daryl and Beth a couple. What I think might happen is that since Beth is more open with her feelings and it seems she's not afraid to act on them, she'll get Daryl to open up more. I'd like to see some friendly conversations between these two the way Daryl and Andrea were talking and laughing in the beginning of season 2 when they were out looking for Sophia.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I like to check twitter or tumblr sometimes and when I do that, I'm glad I don't get invested in that 'shipping' thing. I don't get it why people attack each other over their opinions. Both sides are initiating it from what I've seen.

Now I've shared my thoughts on why I think Daryl/Beth could possibly make sense in another thread. Yeah, it could happen logically speaking. It doesn't make as much sense as Daryl being with Carol or even Michonne but I guess I'd accept it if it happened. But I agree with all of you here that it won't. There are two reasons I think: they had practically zero interaction (two scenes together maybe?) and Daryl is not a kind of character that TPTB could afford to 'ruin' with too much controversy. That being said I'd be very surprised if anything even resembling romance (like Beth having a crush on Daryl) happened between these two. I'd even be upset because I have nothing against Beth, actually I'm starting to like her this season, and pairing her with Daryl romantically would probably mean her dying soon. Or being hated by many.

I hope Beth and Daryl form a friendship because she needs relationships outside of her own family. I find it interesting how they bonded over similar approach to death - I could really see them having some interesting scenes/dialogue. But that's really all I want them to be.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    I have zero interest in seeing Beth 17 - 18 and Daryl 40+ in a romantic way it would be really creepy.

Daryl has known beth since she was 15-16 and she is still a kid. it would be wrong on every level for him to want to bed her.he would come across as a creepy old pervert. It would be a total ooc moment for the Daryl character.

Agree the characters need to mix with it others. it weird how some of the characters never share scenes together.

I can see Daryl taking on a Fatherly / brother role with Beth. them mostly likely bonding of the deaths of their loved ones. and i can see beth's arc from the first episode coming into play.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm a fan of Beth (one of the far and few) and I would be 100% against the ship.

As people have said, one it would be creepy. Although he's weird and kind of awkward, he's like weird and emotionally cut off in a grown up way. She's still very much childlike in her emotions and the way she acts . I know that neither of them have much romantic experience but that does not make it necessary for them to have a relationship that goes past a friendship .

On top of that , this show seriously lacks male/female relationships that are just good friends and not romantic. The only one I've seen thus far is Rick and Carol but that's probably ruined.

I don't get why males and females can't be close on this show (unless they're related or married or dating) without people speculating something romantic .

Personally if the "ship" happens then I will lose total interest in Daryl and Beth's longevity or chance at development in the show (which is slight to begin with) will be as clear as day that she's only headed in one direction (expect more Daryl cry faces in that case).

Just my opinion and I'm thinking realistic about the situation. Both characters need development , a romance is a cheap way out. I'm already disappointed bob and Sasha May go that way. Beth and Daryl would be equally disappointing.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Level
    I dont get why people 'ship' certain couples. While I cannot see Beth/Daryl happening, I really cant see Carol/Daryl happening either (sorry shippers, just my opinion). In my opinion, shipping a couple enough to make it happen might spell death for one of the characters involved. They'll give you what you want....then take it away to keep things interesting.

Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast