Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Dale predicted Carl's change.

So, in Dale's last episode, he's arguing his point to Rick.

"Think about Carl. What is this teaching him? Shoot first, think later?"

And.......what do ya know? HE WAS RIGHT!

Just thought I'd share and see if anyone else caught it or anything else interesting, after re-watching the episodes on the TWD marathon. (I've got Netflix and them all recorded on DVR, but for some reason....I just can't not watch a marathon.)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabraleigh View Post
    So, in Dale's last episode, he's arguing his point to Rick.

"Think about Carl. What is this teaching him? Shoot first, think later?"

And.......what do ya know? HE WAS RIGHT!

Just thought I'd share and see if anyone else caught it or anything else interesting, after re-watching the episodes on the TWD marathon. (I've got Netflix and them all recorded on DVR, but for some reason....I just can't not watch a marathon.)
    Good catch!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Level
    I miss Dale, i know a lot of people didn't like his character but i thought he was great. It would have been nice to see how far he would be able to go, especially during the prison attacks. He had morals and wanted to keep them in a changing world. Wonder what his opinion would be on how to deal with the Guv and Andrea.

It is a shame that they had to kill him off so soon.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah, still don't like Dale much. A little to whiny and sanctimonious. He was right in most of his opinions, I think it was just his voice and mannerisms that annoyed the hell out of me.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Dale was either love or hate. During season two he was my favorite male character. And I loved him in season 1 as well.

Dale and Andrea were both huge wastes of potential (in her case they set her up to die from the beginning of season 3, idc what those writers say , Gale Anne admitted in an interview that they knew Phillips story wouldn't just last one season) in Dales case he was an unfortunate victim of circumstance . I get he was being a loyal friend to darabont but there was no turning back when he asked to be out!

I love Hershel in his own way and yes many people adore him and I'm not denying that Scott is excellent but I always found Hershel to be a second rate Dale. (Sorry guys)

Both guys kind of fought for the title "wise old man" or "moral compass" and it was a battle Scott initially lost.

Dale was indeed right about Carl! Although I loved Dale I know he always had good intentions with somewhat sloppy execution.

Whereas I'm sure Hershel's intentions are good, I think he was more hypocritical then Dale, especially when Carl shot Jody. The kid could have killed Beth and Judith. And to be honest I think in a situation like that both of Hershel's daughters would have pulled the trigger too.

But yes, good catch Dale did indeed see Carl's changes early on. Only a select few did, I think maybe just Dale and Lori kind of.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Intheclear View Post
    I think Dale was either love or hate. During season two he was my favorite male character. And I loved him in season 1 as well.

Dale and Andrea were both huge wastes of potential (in her case they set her up to die from the beginning of season 3, idc what those writers say , Gale Anne admitted in an interview that they knew Phillips story wouldn't just last one season) in Dales case he was an unfortunate victim of circumstance . I get he was being a loyal friend to darabont but there was no turning back when he asked to be out!

I love Hershel in his own way and yes many people adore him and I'm not denying that Scott is excellent but I always found Hershel to be a second rate Dale. (Sorry guys)

Both guys kind of fought for the title "wise old man" or "moral compass" and it was a battle Scott initially lost.

Dale was indeed right about Carl! Although I loved Dale I know he always had good intentions with somewhat sloppy execution.

Whereas I'm sure Hershel's intentions are good, I think he was more hypocritical then Dale, especially when Carl shot Jody. The kid could have killed Beth and Judith. And to be honest I think in a situation like that both of Hershel's daughters would have pulled the trigger too.

But yes, good catch Dale did indeed see Carl's changes early on. Only a select few did, I think maybe just Dale and Lori kind of.
    dale was the better wise old man as you put it (even though i did not agree with what he was saying about the Randall situation. during a ZA rules change and plus his people were trying to kill rick, glenn, and hershel). while hershel relied to much on faith in a world that has gone to shit and just gave some advice that seemed to much of opinions. instead of like dale who gave ideas that were more like facts. just like what this post it about dale predicting carl's change.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaidz View Post
    dale was the better wise old man as you put it (even though i did not agree with what he was saying about the Randall situation. during a ZA rules change and plus his people were trying to kill rick, glenn, and hershel). while hershel relied to much on faith in a world that has gone to shit and just gave some advice that seemed to much of opinions. instead of like dale who gave ideas that were more like facts. just like what this post it about dale predicting carl's change.
    Indeed. For me personally I feel like Hershel was a more stereotyped version of "wise old man" just played by a brilliant actor. Dale was more complex and also played by a strong actor .

I mean Dale never killed anyone, granted he was never put in that situation but Hershel blew the face off of that dude who was shooting at them in the bar. Carl did the same thing and Hershel got all up in arms about it. The kid was on a crew of people who were shooting at his people. Why shouldn't Carl have done it?

Even if it got him killed at least Dale stuck to his humanity ideas and most of the time he was dead on , like about Shane, and Carl, and Andrea.

The way I see it is if you sit down at a restaurant and you get perfect food , but it's been done before and it kind of bores you, that would be Hershel.

So technically perfect but has been done before. Just my opinion I still love Hershel

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Intheclear View Post
    Carl did the same thing and Hershel got all up in arms about it. The kid was on a crew of people who were shooting at his people. Why shouldn't Carl have done it?
    yeah exactly. carl did do the right thing. they were being attacked by him and when he was told to put the gun down he just kept walking up to them like he was up to something. then when hershel and rick seemed disspointed/shocked at carl it just blew my mind.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Hershel was a fool in season 2. Much better in season 3. The shit in season 4. Dale...even though I was saddened when he was ripped apart, I didn't feel there was a whole bunch left in his character.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast