Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Intheclear View Post
    I think Dale was either love or hate. During season two he was my favorite male character. And I loved him in season 1 as well.

Dale and Andrea were both huge wastes of potential (in her case they set her up to die from the beginning of season 3, idc what those writers say , Gale Anne admitted in an interview that they knew Phillips story wouldn't just last one season) in Dales case he was an unfortunate victim of circumstance . I get he was being a loyal friend to darabont but there was no turning back when he asked to be out!

I love Hershel in his own way and yes many people adore him and I'm not denying that Scott is excellent but I always found Hershel to be a second rate Dale. (Sorry guys)

Both guys kind of fought for the title "wise old man" or "moral compass" and it was a battle Scott initially lost.

Dale was indeed right about Carl! Although I loved Dale I know he always had good intentions with somewhat sloppy execution.

Whereas I'm sure Hershel's intentions are good, I think he was more hypocritical then Dale, especially when Carl shot Jody. The kid could have killed Beth and Judith. And to be honest I think in a situation like that both of Hershel's daughters would have pulled the trigger too.

But yes, good catch Dale did indeed see Carl's changes early on. Only a select few did, I think maybe just Dale and Lori kind of.
    What do you mean by being a loyal friend to Darabont?

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Uh, no. If you don't kill people in that world, you die. I don't care what Morgan says.

The only thing Dale predicted with that is his own demise. Obviously he valued others lives over his own. He'd have died no matter what. Stupid hat and all.

Thankfully I'm still very happy with the fact that the lord and savior was the one to take his dumbass down. TF should steal the motto Russell Crowe's boys had in Gladiator for the lord and savior: "We, who are about to die, salute you!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12