View Poll Results: Did you dislike or hate Skylar White?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

19 38.00%
  • No.

22 44.00%
  • Other.

9 18.00%
Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

1. Back To Top    #411
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingDeadhead View Post
    and now I can't figure out if that phone call was part of Lydia's plan, or something Todd decided to do on his own... or what the motive behind the call may be? Anyone have ideas?
    in my opinion it was just vince putting it in there to show that Walter no longer has any control of Todd. he will act without consulting walt now. This is even more important because he no longer has any control over Jesse either. Walter is alone now. He can't control anyone.

2. Back To Top    #412
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    I am nearly up to date with everybody else, I have just finished S4 out of the 4 seasons I have seen it's the best one yet but that could all change with s5 as I've heard it's better then S4. But so far I am completely hooked on it which I wasn't while watching the first couple of seasons

3. Back To Top    #413
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Level
    I love Breaking Bad but I was a fan of The Walking Dead first. So I have noticed a few things, on any site (that is not a TWD fan site) where the two are discussed Breaking Bad is treated as one of the GOAT shows and the Walking Dead usually gets a meh or worse. Now I have to say I love both. But I noticed the common criticisms they have of the Walking Dead also apply to Breaking Bad. It just seems they keep their "street cred" by saying Zombies bad, drugs good or something. And saying that I love both shows but here are a few things said, Rick is to morally ambigious and flightly (is that not Walter White). The show relies to much on its plot device (heck that is the highly more episodic Breaking Bad does), The show has a hated female leader (Skylar), An antagonist comes off as more sympathetic than the protagonist (they say that when Walter is a villain protagonist), the Walking Dead is 50 minutes of filler then something cool happens (again that describes Breaking Bad to T)

Then I realized these things were all present in Mad Men as well and I come to accept them just as stuff that will happen on AMC dramas. So why can't the hardcord BB fans accept that?

4. Back To Top    #414
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I couldn't agree more. BB and Dexter, for me, are an addiction.

Skylar has really evolved over the series. I've seen comments regarding Skylar's complicity in Walt's game of cards but she seems to have jumped into a more active role this season and I am kind of confused? I was really shocked that she took part in that video. I don't get what her sudden willingness to jump on Team Walt is? She recently told Walt that she was just waiting for his cancer to come back so he would die. I am really confused with her ACTIVELY getting involved and going after her own brother? I feel conflicted saying this, but, after I saw that video I want Walt AND Skylar in jail.

5. Back To Top    #415
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    Sklyar, I feel, is an even bigger piece of shit than Walt. I mean, we all hated her because she's a bitch, but she had a chance to do the right thing and totally threw it away. It's not even that she just looked the other way, she jumped on board and enabled Walt to expand his deadly empire. To me, that's unforgivable. SHe broke bad just as well as Heisenberg.

6. Back To Top    #416
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I never hated Skyler. I really cannot blame some of her motives from before she became part of Walt's schemes.

And yes, it is spelled Skyler, not Skylar. :P

7. Back To Top    #417
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
    This may sound odd, but I am not even on season 3 yet lol. I barely started watching it last week xD
    lol booo! hurry and catch up! :P

8. Back To Top    #418
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by manscaper View Post
    Sklyar, I feel, is an even bigger piece of shit than Walt. I mean, we all hated her because she's a bitch, but she had a chance to do the right thing and totally threw it away. It's not even that she just looked the other way, she jumped on board and enabled Walt to expand his deadly empire. To me, that's unforgivable. SHe broke bad just as well as Heisenberg.
    The problem is, when Skyler didn't go along with Walt, she was considered a bitch and people didn't like her. When she did go along with him, she was considered complicit and a bitch and people didn't like her. Her decisions were no better or worse at any point than were Walt's or Jesse's, and yet people hate her. Why is that? I feel like there is a tremendous backlash against any strong female character in any series who isn't squeaky clean. The minute a female character can exhibit a backbone, i.e., the "logical decision making ability of a man", she's loathed. It's a sad commentary on the viewing audience.

9. Back To Top    #419
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I didn't hate her until she chose to help Walt, I simply didn't care about her. She was kind of like Margaret in Boardwalk Empire in that regard, to me, at least. Her story really wasn't interesting. The only thing she did pre- helping Walt that annoyed me was breaking into Walt's apartment because that was just creepy. Cooking Ted's books is forgiveable, I couldn't care less about a little tax evasion, and Walt had IFT coming for all the shit he did, and let's face it they were separated so it really is none of walt's concern but she helped out Walt instead of leaving him behind or turning him in. And people say she tried to do what was best for the kids but that's just stupid. I loathe her and Walt equally, it has nothing to do with gender, this is about the shit they have done, the lives they have ruined.

10. Back To Top    #420
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by angieG View Post
    lol booo! hurry and catch up! :P
    I'm trying

Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast