Forgot your username?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #31
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Since it is very possible that Beth and Daryl get separated at some point, anyone else have the feeling that they are setting up an episode that has solely Daryl and no other major players?

2. Back To Top    #32
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Level
    Love this idea, but Daryl won't be going anywhere for a long time.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Status
    Crotch Grabber baroness_strange's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesclan12 View Post
    Since it is very possible that Beth and Daryl get separated at some point, anyone else have the feeling that they are setting up an episode that has solely Daryl and no other major players?
    hardly think so... there are too many plot arcs going on, too many character developments, they don't have the time for that.

4. Back To Top    #34
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bournesto33 View Post
    i know people just love the hate on darly for being "one dimensional" yet you love carol for being the exact same thing
    I have to disagree. Most are not saying Daryl is a "one dimensional" character, they are saying his story arc is done. There is a difference. Daryl is not one dimensional but I, as many others, feel that his story has run its course.

As far as Carol, I do not see how you think she is one dimensional. She was a quiet battered house wife in season 1 and by season 4 she was an integral part of the group and even a member of the counsel. That is not one dimensional.

5. Back To Top    #35
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jknolen87 View Post
    I have to disagree. Most are not saying Daryl is a "one dimensional" character, they are saying his story arc is done. There is a difference. Daryl is not one dimensional but I, as many others, feel that his story has run its course.

As far as Carol, I do not see how you think she is one dimensional. She was a quiet battered house wife in season 1 and by season 4 she was an integral part of the group and even a member of the counsel. That is not one dimensional.
    now I can totally agree with you that Daryl story is done, but thats not what I have read....Carols "Victim" to "badass'ness" has been done since season 3...he becoming a big part of the group is beyond me, bad story telling imo she hasnt done anything from season 3 to 4 that made her more important other than being a part of the council

- - - Updated - - -

now I can totally agree with you that Daryl story is done, but thats not what I have read....Carols "Victim" to "badass'ness" has been done since season 3...he becoming a big part of the group is beyond me, bad story telling imo she hasnt done anything from season 3 to 4 that made her more important other than being a part of the council

6. Back To Top    #36
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Daryl's story development for season 4a has been stagnant, but I don't believe it is done. They developed him immensely season 1 through 2, gave him some internal conflict in season 3 with his reunion with Merle, and how has slowed down the pace of his development in order to focus on other characters, such as Carol. They backed off him a bit, used him just as background in a few runs and fighting sequences, and shined the light on Hershall, the Governor, Carol, and gave us glimpses of Bob and Sasha. I think this article is telling us he'll get more development this half of the season and his story will move forward. I don't see there's anything wrong with giving others the limelight, especially when people have been complaining that they've been focusing too much on one character. They did just what people have asked for - more time for other characters - and now his story is done? I disagree with that.

Carol has gotten a major story arc, and has been given major development.

The problem I find TWD is having has been pacing - pacing of story arcs and characterization. They focus on one character to the exclusion of others, then flip it. I find the story structure has improved under Gimple, and I'm seeing a more even distribution of character screen time for the most part. The second half of the season will be challenging with the different groups, so I'd like to see how this plays out. I hope it's not a "this episode is solely Rick, this one is all Daryl, etc" structure. That works only when sprinkled thoughout the series, not the entire season.

7. Back To Top    #37
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    Dary story had kinda come full circle he went front the angry loner to the popular leader of the group. his arc with finding Merle has ended.

I hope the writers actually write for Daryl the chatacter. not the Daryl image which they have been doing so far this season. I'm kinda sick of seeing the superhero crap and the posing

but I can't see it. I predict it will be superhero stuff. some manpain with the teenage beth who is grieving comforting Daryl the adult.then back to superhero mode again.

8. Back To Top    #38
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    I think what will happen is that when carol eventually dies I think Daryl will just eventually leave the group, they'll be at Alexandria by then so obviously he would have a place to come back to..I think that would be cool I think the producers are smart enough to not kill him off but instead leave his fate unknown just in case they would want to bring him back or like some are saying a spin off..if someone's story arc has ran out then they could just write another one it's that simple, just because someone's "story" Hadrian out dosnt give them an excuse to kill someone off..Merle, Axel and Oscar all still had story left in them and were killed off so if someone dosnt have a story left they can still be on the show, give others a chance to have a s story and create a new one for old characters.

9. Back To Top    #39
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/vqPZLiX.png

If I had my way he would find a dog and then just walk down a road and disappear into the horizon like Mad Max. To be continued, you dont know what happens.

He's said this exact thing before in another interview. Makes me wonder if that is what they have planned (probably not but still). He says pretty much the same thing in his interview with Larry King, and Danai Gurira pretty much agrees.

10. Back To Top    #40
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I agreed that Daryl is not gonna die soon , he might die around season 6.....before Rick and Carl of course.
    Mad max ending is cool if he got bit and want to leave the group and just die alone somewhere that the viewers will never know. That's gonna hurt and epic at the same time for TWD fans.
    But I got new ideas about him being mixed with Dwight's character , Negan burned his face with iron and be forced to be one of Negan's group for some reasons.

I still have faith in Daryl and he is not 1 dimension character btw... You can't blame him for being more popular than your fave characters , that's immature.
    Blame it on the writers for making his character more like super hero (sometimes).....and Daryl's fan-boys are HUGE tho , not only fan-girls he has. Stop being the annoying haters. lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast