Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Back To Top    #41
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerman View Post
    You can't blame him for being more popular than your fave characters , that's immature.
    l
    Not to mention it's extremely hypocritical on the part of the comic book fans. Michonne and Andrea have outlived damn near everyone and always have a way of showing up at the last minute and saving the day.

I'm not hating on those two either, but please, don't kid yourselves.

This is based on a comic book and superhero antics are fairly commonplace.

2. Back To Top    #42
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bournesto33 View Post
    i know people just love the hate on darly for being "one dimensional" yet you love carol for being the exact same thing
    I don't think you know the meaning of one-dimensional if you think it applies to Carol.

3. Back To Top    #43
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jknolen87 View Post
    I agree I do not want him torn apart by walkers but I don't want him to "ride off to the sunset" either.

I am thinking more of something like this....

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...768735-neg.jpg
    I've been thinking and saying the same thing now for while. This is truely the only way Negan could be injected into the show and become that enemy at which hes supposed to be.

4. Back To Top    #44
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    lacking depth imo is one dim....and she in fact lacks that

5. Back To Top    #45
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpus View Post
    I don't think you know the meaning of one-dimensional if you think it applies to Carol.
    "One dimensional" is really more of a generic label that people apply to characters that they dislike, for whatever reason.

The real meaning of the phrase doesn't apply to Carol or Daryl.

6. Back To Top    #46
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I've been reading a lot of articles lately and I just get this sneaking suspicion that Daryl dies in 4b. No logical reason behind, just my gut. The folks I follow on Twitter that are associated with the show seem to be posting a variety of 'Reedus' love type things lately, more so than normal. It just has the same feeling to me as SWC had in the promo work for S3. She talked a lot about Lori the character, the writing, why Lori would have to die at some point to make Rick all he needed to be etc. Now while Daryl/Reedus aren't talking about the necessity of that character dying, I just get an extremely similar vibe to things.

Could be entirely wrong, and frankly I hope I am.

7. Back To Top    #47
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Retail_Hack View Post
    This article and the heavy Daryl activity in the filming compilation makes me think that Daryl going out in a heroic fashion at the end of this season. I got the same gut feeling when the beginning of the second half of the third season came out and Andrea started getting alot of attention, I knew it could either go good or bad, and it went to shit. I don't dislike Daryl, he's not my favorite, but I do think this season is his time to go. With bringing on Abe, Eugene, Rosita and other's I don't think it's fair to cut other's development out because of Daryl. I have a feeling that Beth is gonna die, maybe at the hands of the Murder's or maybe he slips and doesn't save her in time, she get's bit, this weighs on him and he can never come back from that. I would be sad if he died though as I would any character except the Governor and his apple dumpling gang.
    Fair does not have anything to do with writing choices on this show. If it was fair, ANdrea would still be alive and be a badass. Carol would never have been turned into this faux psycho killer. Daryl will be around until he's not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bournesto33 View Post
    lacking depth imo is one dim....and she in fact lacks that
    Not really.

8. Back To Top    #48
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RULE_ THE_ DEAD View Post
    But seeing his brother zombified didn't effect him? IDK I feel that everyone that has survived this long are to badass to go out on some zombie or mental bs.
    I'm pretty sure it did weigh on him

9. Back To Top    #49
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    They almost have to keep the threat of him dying "someday" alive. No character can be seen as completely untouchable, even though we know logically for financial reasons, story arc direction, and pure ratings that at least four characters are not going to die anytime soon (Michonne, Rick, Carl, and Daryl - they are the 'faces" of the show). Still, the audience needs to believe that when they are in danger, there's a real threat of death. Think back to Rick's battle with the Governor. Even though we knew AL was shooting well into the 4b season, for a split second, some of us may have thought, "Hey, is the Gov really going to kill him?" The fiasco over the midseason finale for season 3 was another example: Would Daryl survive the zombie fight club? became a moot point after promos for 3b showed him running around with his crossbow. The threat needs to be there to get us the audience thinking and talking about it, even if we know that he will be one of the last characters to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dpguy View Post
    Not to mention it's extremely hypocritical on the part of the comic book fans. Michonne and Andrea have outlived damn near everyone and always have a way of showing up at the last minute and saving the day.

I'm not hating on those two either, but please, don't kid yourselves.

This is based on a comic book and superhero antics are fairly commonplace.
    My goodness, do I agree with you....

This is fantasy, people. We need to suspend disbelief and accept that superhero antics will occur, not just with Daryl but with other characters as well. No matter how badass Michonne is, there's no way she could have miraculously gotten that cat statue from the bar in "Clear" (I hope it wasn't left at the prison during the attack!). And Hershall's never ending amo supply? Tyreese fighting his way through that herd with not so much as a scratch on him? If people can't accept that on the show, then I'm not sure this would be the type of show that would interest them. It just is what it is.

10. Back To Top    #50
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I disagree. Daryl is a main character and boosted the ratings. I hope Norman stays till the end. Years from now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345